OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 207 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
John and Maria's in East Haven. Very thin crust and the edge crust was too dry for me. Overall...it was okay. We had a small mozz and a medium mushroom and pepper.

My new job is in East Haven. Will keep looking for a great pie here. Will try Tolli's and Anniello's next.
If you're looking for Wooster St. style apizza, try Apizza Grande in Coe St.

Reaction Score
John and Maria's in East Haven. Very thin crust and the edge crust was too dry for me. Overall...it was okay. We had a small mozz and a medium mushroom and pepper.

My new job is in East Haven. Will keep looking for a great pie here. Will try Tolli's and Anniello's next.
Might have been an off day John and Maria’s is the best in East Haven probably best without going into new haven unless you count olde world in north haven

tollis is next best

Reaction Score
Might have been an off day John and Maria’s is the best in East Haven probably best without going into new haven unless you count olde world in north haven

tollis is next best

Ummm, Zuppardi's?!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Tolli’s is legit. One of our daughters took voice lessons from a woman in East Haven for few years and we usually went to Tolli’s while she was there. Classic old school joint.

OTOH I was on my own for dinner tonight and got two pies from Bufalina and ate half of each and they were next level. Broccoli rabe and sausage; and porchetta with baby potatoes, fontina and wild scallions.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

tollis is next best
I've seen your posts on them...

Reaction Score
Tolli’s is legit. One of our daughters took voice lessons from a woman in East Haven for few years and we usually went to Tolli’s while she was there. Classic old school joint.

OTOH I was on my own for dinner tonight and got two pies from Bufalina and ate half of each and they were next level. Broccoli rabe and sausage; and porchetta with baby potatoes, fontina and wild scallions.
Obviously you won't be able to eat Bufalina on game day ever again

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I didn’t know you left?!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
OMG i might get in car and drive to Guilford. That sounds outrageous
Call at 11:30 a.m. if you want to reserve one! They usually sell out of dough for the night by 1:00.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I left before the FBI showed up.
BTW, it's not pizza, but check out Bistro Mediterranean in East Haven for a nice meal at very reasonable prices. They have a nice outdoor patio now, too.

Reaction Score
Local for me, but superb -- the White clam pie at Chunky Tomato in Bristol (baby clams, mozz, garlic, bacon, capers).

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Sasso's in Torrington is making good apizza style pies. Only had the margherita so far but decent enough and like @alexd. in the post above- local for me. Cool little joint on Main St. right next to the Warner Theater.

Reaction Score
BTW, it's not pizza, but check out Bistro Mediterranean in East Haven for a nice meal at very reasonable prices. They have a nice outdoor patio now, too.
One in Westbrook also old new deal steakhouse

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One in Westbrook also old new deal steakhouse
Yep, we've been to that one several times, too; but I am mostly going for lunch, and the East Haven original is very convenient.

There are about a dozen items they do really well (especially soups and appetizers/tapas), but the one outstanding item is the Brussels sprouts salad with truffles over fried fontina risotto cake. I get it almost every time.

Reaction Score
One in W

Bistro is a classy place, but in my opinion, the Salmon is better at Little Colombia down the street, and LC has(had) a great lunch for maybe $12 featuring homemade soup,), and rice, salad and plantains. I have not been there since Covid started but if you are back to indoor dining, it has good food and fair prices.

Nice decor and no wait.

Bistro is a classy place, but in my opinion, the Salmon is better at Little Colombia down the street, and LC has(had) a great lunch for maybe $12 featuring homemade soup,), and rice, salad and plantains. I have not been there since Covid started but if you are back to indoor dining, it has good food and fair prices.

Nice décor and no wait.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Nice décor and no wait.

I went to LC once for lunch and once for dinner. I liked it well enough but I like the overall menu (and especially the wines) better at Bistro (and their Salmon a la Plancha is probably the entree I order most frequently). I didn't try the salmon at LC though, so I will keep that in mind when I return.

Reaction Score

I had, probably, the worst dining experience of my life at that place. I'm assuming it was just a really, really off day but everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. The owner was great though and comped everything and apologized profusely for all of the issues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom