OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 202 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
a) gravy

+ a bunch of cheese curds.

Poutine is a godsend. The old dumpy poutine shacks in Quebec City and Montreal are where I want my ashes buried when I die (probably from a heart attack watching basketball).

Any poutine fans in the pizza thread?

Absolutely. But the curds gotta be legit. If they're throwing frozen cheese curds on there, fuggetaboutit. And you definitely need a fry closer in size to steak fries than shoe string fries to hold on to some of the gravy and the cheese. Not sure if I've ever had krinkle cut fried with curds.

Reaction Score
How is the smoked salmon pizza?

I'm more liberal than most in terms of what I'll have or put on a pizza, but I've never seen that before. With the ricotta I'm wondering if it's more of a bagels, lox and cream cheese type of thing they're going for with that one.

Love the Sophia pic on their homepage
81D96BF4-BA17-491A-A195-48664CABAF1B.jpeg
I’m not a salmon fan at all and I eat it. The salmon is put on after the pizza is removed from the oven

here’s the mozz I got tonight

they have a lot of great pictures in the place

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m not a salmon fan at all and I eat it. The salmon is put on after the pizza is removed from the oven

here’s the mozz I got tonight

they have a lot of great pictures in the place
That pie looks great!

Pizza, a Love Story started streaming on Prime tonight. Just watched it. Excellent.

Had Grand Apizza Madison tonight. Two of the best we’ve had from them. Better than the Zupp’s pies we got a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
That pie looks great!

Pizza, a Love Story started streaming on Prime tonight. Just watched it. Excellent.

Had Grand Apizza Madison tonight. Two of the best we’ve had from them. Better than the Zupp’s pies we got a few weeks ago.
I was at Grand in Madison on Thursday with the head Pizza Gavone. Very good, certainly in the conversation with places like Zupp's and Mike's. Olde World thrilled me last week though. I'm still thinking about that one.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I have a cousin who gets an Oscar vote. I forwarded the link for the film to him. Already jonesing for the sequel

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was at Grand in Madison on Thursday with the head Pizza Gavone. Very good, certainly in the conversation with places like Zupp's and Mike's. Olde World thrilled me last week though. I'm still thinking about that one.
I don‘t know if you’ve watched the film yet, but one of the things they address is the “it’s in the water” theory. I’m still undecided on that, but I am definitely sold on the differences in humidity, oven and pizzaiolio.

We’ve been having so much great apizza from all the best places over the past ten months now that I can say with certainty that each one of them varies from night to night. None of them will ever be anything less than very good, but they will sometimes be excellent and sometimes not quite, for one reason or another.

In terms of consistency of excellence, Bufalina seems to have the best control imo, because all of their pies are smalls, which are much easier to make consistent; and Matt makes 99% of the pies, always in the same oven, which he obviously knows very well.

I’ll have to get back to Olde World. Maybe next office lunch.

Reaction Score
I don‘t know if you’ve watched the film yet, but one of the things they address is the “it’s in the water” theory. I’m still undecided on that, but I am definitely sold on the differences in humidity, oven and pizzaiolio.

We’ve been having so much great apizza from all the best places over the past ten months now that I can say with certainty that each one of them varies from night to night. None of them will ever be anything less than very good, but they will sometimes be excellent and sometimes not quite, for one reason or another.

In terms of consistency of excellence, Bufalina seems to have the best control imo, because all of their pies are smalls, which are much easier to make consistent; and Matt makes 99% of the pies, always in the same oven, which he obviously knows very well.

I’ll have to get back to Olde World. Maybe next office lunch.

I was actually thinking the opposite, funny. The last of my Bufalina pies had the bejeezus burned out of the bottom. Not quite sure why the bricks were so hot.

Reaction Score
That pie looks great!

We are truly blessed.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Just opened? Only a few pics online so far, but certainly looks promising. Wood fired?

Coal and Daisies is probably the best pizza in Branford but wouldn’t be too tough to top.

Been awhile since I lived in that area, about 10 years, but has Marco's fallen off? They used to turn out good pizza on a consistent basis.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There was a place in Danbury where I used to be able to get a slice of pizza with baked ziti on top. The spaghettios is likely not as good.

Reaction Score
There was a place in Danbury where I used to be able to get a slice of pizza with baked ziti on top. The spaghettios is likely not as good.

The local shops here in North Jersey always have slices with bake ziti, chicken parm, and the basics available. I actually liked the chicken parm slice that's offered at Basil's in Hoboken years ago. Soaks-up the booze while I'm waiting for the train ride back to the 'burbs after a night out on the city with friends.

Reaction Score
I remember people calling it za in the late 80s in central PA, so it’s definitely not a “new” thing. I have called it pie my whole life.
I was just reminded that one of the pizza places in town in central PA was commonly referred to as “Zas”. It was really named Casa de Pizza which makes no sense in its own right, but everyone just referred to it as Zas. The pizza was terrible but not much worse than the other 2 places in town, or 3 if you include Puzza Hut.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
In terms of consistency of excellence, Bufalina seems to have the best control imo, because all of their pies are smalls, which are much easier to make consistent;
you dont say nicholas cage GIF

Reaction Score
Been awhile since I lived in that area, about 10 years, but has Marco's fallen off? They used to turn out good pizza on a consistent basis.
I’ve never been to Marco’s. But judging off the photos available on Yelp it doesn’t look like it would be a good fit for me. One of my pet peeves is selling a white, fresh tomato pie and calling it margherita.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I’ve never been to Marco’s. But judging off the photos available on Yelp it doesn’t look like it would be a good fit for me. One of my pet peeves is selling a white, fresh tomato pie and calling it margherita.
Marco’s is solid. @David 76 turned me on to them and I have been back a couple times since. Not as good as the holy trinity of New Haven or the best of the rest like Grand, Zupp’s, Olde World, etc., but solidly in the next level after that imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom