OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 90 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
You do not know how blessed you are in Connecticut. You have literally dozens and dozens of mom and pop places. In Colorado(moved from Ct 21 years ago)almost everything is a chain and most of it is very average.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You do not know how blessed you are in Connecticut. You have literally dozens and dozens of mom and pop places. In Colorado(moved from Ct 21 years ago)almost everything is a chain and most of it is very average.

Colorado is a Pizza wasteland. Feel your pain, bro.

Great Mexican though!

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
It's the particle board of chicken.

Then again, I love Taylor "Ham."

Man after your fried bologna post i waagonna suggest Taylor pork roll. As my old man calls it "the pride of north jersey".

Reaction Score
Went to Ernie's in New haven (Westville) Friday night.

Thought it was good. Looked good and crust was great. Generous with the toppings except for the sauce.

My question for those who have gone there is does Ernie's pizza usually have a lack of sauce on it ?

Is that the way they do it or did we just catch one with like that?

Sauce on ours was not in the middle of the pie. Each slice had no sauce about half way up.

Read a couple reviews on Yelp most were very positive but there were a couple that said pizza needed more sauce. Just curious.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Thought it was good. Looked good and crust was great. Generous with the toppings except for the sauce.

My question for those who have gone there is does Ernie's pizza usually have a lack of sauce on it ?

Sauce on ours was not in the middle of the pie. Each slice had no sauce about half way up.

Read a couple reviews on Yelp most were very positive but there were a couple that said pizza needed more sauce. Just curious.

Have to order extra sauce

Reaction Score

I ask for a little extra sauce and a little less cheese at Ernie’s. So you probably got a typical pie but I can’t recall it not having sauce half way up. Ernie’s like most is best when eaten there. Piping hot right out of the oven.

Reaction Score

Hey CC what's up hope all is well.

What are your thoughts on Little Rendezvous these days? Just curious coming from a local...had a couple from there the other day and prior to stopping I had heard various reports. Take care

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

What are your thoughts on Little Rendezvous these days? Just curious coming from a local...had a couple from there the other day and prior to stopping I had heard various reports. Take care
Spooker?

Reaction Score
Spooker?

This place in Meriden CT is trying to make a "Verdolini's" inspired pie and there have been varying reviews. My brother and sister told me they came up pretty short, hard to mirror that sweet sauce they used to have. But you can go order a Spooker with Deepster sometime to just get the slightest idea. I know you're dying to!

Reaction Score
Any of you bologna experts ever try Martin Rosols veal loaf. I grew up on the stuff (Polish heritage). So good! It's like a mild bologna, less sweet with a black pepper note. Excellent fried. It's hard to find, gotta be within a certain radius of New Britain, S&S on the West Hartford/Newington line stocks it.
My aunt lived in LA from 1962 to 1976. Her only regret was not being able to get Rosol's Kishka. My sister sent her some Kishka. She hated it. It wasn't Rosol's.

Reaction Score

Hey Mau,

Everything is good( well except our basketball team . Hope all is well with you.

I still think it's great. Never had a bad pizza from there . The "new" guy makes a solid pie.

Reaction Score
Hey Mau,

Everything is good( well except our basketball team . Hope all is well with you.

I still think it's great. Never had a bad pizza from there . The "new" guy makes a solid pie.

Yeah I was impressed with the pies I picked up to bring home. Made sure I had a couple slices in the car since I had a 50 minute ride home and they were excellent. Asked for well done, great charred crust and the sauce is really tasty. Real nice guy too.

Thx

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Sally’s Apizza reopening under new ownership

In other news, Sally's has reopened! Lineage Hospitality has purchased the place and is considering franchise operations... Not thrilled at the prospect. "Lineage is committed to working with the Consiglios to preserve its [Sally's] rich heritage and build it into a leading national pizza brand.”
Wonder if they're planning on branching out to other CT towns like Pepe's did?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom