OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 255 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One of @jibsey 's relatives, perhaps? jk

My wife was hankering for one of their fresh tomato pies a few Fridays ago and I told her there was no way I was dealing with Pepe's on a Friday night. A big part of the reason I got the heirloom tomato pie from Atticus Market last week was to scratch that itch, and the two slices I left for her were apparently good enough for her to proclaim it "excellent" and not mention the Pepe's fresh tomato pie again.

That said, I'd still like to have one...and one from Sally's too.

Reaction Score
That's how they do it here in Buffalo, thick crust, thick carpet of cheese. It slides right off the top. One reviewer said that the lack of integrity is one of the charm's of Buffalo style pizza. It's basically like chewing on a hunk of cheese.

Reaction Score

For me at Pepes I always ask for extra sauce on tomato as well as Mozz pies with any toppings. I believe they usually fall short in this area a bit too often.

Reaction Score
Tried Atticus Market tonight.

This is what the menu on Thursday and Friday looks like where pizza is listed:

Atticus Market

Pizza shows up on menu at 4:30 or earlier on Thursday and Friday.

Tomato sauce pie was very good. Plenty of their homemade tomato sauce on top too. Actually, I ordered the quinoa salad and put some on the pizza, and this added to the taste. Crust was crisp yet chewy, not an easy feat to accomplish.

Nice watermelon salad was a good finisher.

Tables in the front for those who choose to eat there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Actually, I ordered the quinoa salad and put some on the pizza, and this added to the taste.
Didn’t see that coming.

And I like quinoa. Don’t think I’d consider that, though.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Buddy of mine lives in Orange and grabbed a few pies from Tipsy Tomato in Derby after we played golf at Oak Lane last Saturday. I was 10 beers deep but both pies were exceptional. You really are spoiled with the choices the closer you get to New Haven. Not that many options in FFld County.

Reaction Score
Buddy of mine lives in Orange and grabbed a few pies from Tipsy Tomato in Derby after we played golf at Oak Lane last Saturday. I was 10 beers deep but both pies were exceptional. You really are spoiled with the choices the closer you get to New Haven. Not that many options in FFld County.
Take out a second mortgage but their stuffed shrimp pizza and their shrimp fra diavolo pizza are very good splurges.

The spicy Italiano w/ Longhini sausage and roasted long hot peppers is also great w/ a pitcher of ice cold beer or Foxon Park white birch on tap but you pay for it later ;)

Reaction Score
Only had once but maybe I caught them on a bad day.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Take out a second mortgage but their stuffed shrimp pizza and their shrimp fra diavolo pizza are very good splurges.

The spicy Italiano w/ Longhini sausage and roasted long hot peppers is also great w/ a pitcher of ice cold beer or Foxon Park white birch on tap but you pay for it later ;)
That was one of the pies and the other was pepperoni with onions I didn't notice until my 3rd slice!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Only had once but maybe I caught them on a bad day.
Maybe. I've only had it once and I caught it at exactly the right time at the end of a great day. Worth another shot if you're close.

Reaction Score
Didn’t see that coming.

And I like quinoa. Don’t think I’d consider that, though.
Try it on one of the pieces. You might like it. It's got some crunch to it.

I like to "improvise."

Reaction Score

Tipsy Tomato is delicious and our go to around here, especially if you don't feel like driving to Pepe's.
Massimos in Bridgeport is also delicious, just not New Haven style.

Reaction Score
Going thru NH, tried to order Sallys by phone only to be told that they do take-out orders only via internet. No pc, no pizza? I mean I was tlking to Sallys on phone. What's with that??

Reaction Score
Going thru NH, tried to order Sallys by phone only to be told that they do take-out orders only via internet. No pc, no pizza? I mean I was tlking to Sallys on phone. What's with that??
All I could figure is that they may have had past problems with the employees goofing up the telephone orders and putting in the wrong orders. The net gives them a paper trail or a place to view an order to check for accuracy.

Atticus Market is an online ordering only place for Pizza when available on Thursday and Friday. You don't even get a live person to answer the phone there at any time.

Michelangelo in West Haven, Sapori in Hamden, do take phone orders. Probably, most other places do.

Reaction Score
There's a place like that near my house. Best pizza by far around here. But then when they're really busy they shut down the online orders. Very frustrating. It's close enough to our house that last time that happened I drove there and ordered in person.

Reaction Score
I called in an order to Sally's in the spring. Maybe they've changed that

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You don’t need a PC to place an online order. You can do it from your phone.

Like you, I’d usually rather talk to someone, but, like everyone, I’ve gotten more used to online ordering since the start of Covid and I do like being able to specify my order, special instructions (like no-cut, which I prefer for takeout) and pickup time. With Atticus you just have to put the pickup time in your notes. They actually don’t even answer their phone. Goes straight to a recording that says to email them.

Reaction Score
You don’t need a PC to place an online order. You can do it from your phone.

Like you, I’d usually rather talk to someone, but, like everyone, I’ve gotten more used to online ordering since the start of Covid and I do like being able to specify my order, special instructions (like no-cut, which I prefer for takeout) and pickup time. With Atticus you just have to put the pickup time in your notes. They actually don’t even answer their phone. Goes straight to a recording that says to email them.
Was on a land line - no internet

Reaction Score
Sallys still nnnot taking phone take-out orders.Went to Pepe. Got pizza from 'back fourty' location. Thouht it soft, undercooked. Anyoneelse experiecethat

Reaction Score
Sallys still nnnot taking phone take-out orders.Went to Pepe. Got pizza from 'back fourty' location. Thouht it soft, undercooked. Anyoneelse experiecethat

They haven’t been accepting phone orders all summer. Have to place orders online

Reaction Score

They haven’t been accepting phone orders all summer. Have to place orders online
But... but... but... Burns doesn't know how to order online, and he'd be back of the line...

1662586875212.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom