OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 254 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been to Greenwich many times. What I'm confused by is why is their Margherita $7 more than their cheese pie?

It's like the places in Chicago who charge the same price for thin crust as they do deep dish.
Fresh tomatoes, basil and fresh mozz are probably more expensive than the sauce and cheese on their regular cheese pie, and it takes more effort to make.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
What’s going on is that it’s located 20 feet off of Greenwich Avenue. They could charge $40 for a Margherita and they’d still sell out. Same thing with Flour Water Salt Bread in Darien. Insane prices. Completely price-insensitive consumers.
Ding ding ding.

It's a short walk from my office - maybe I'll take one for the team, and try - may ask for donations lol

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
now you culinary barbarians have done it. your complete lack of balance and taste is causing problems for us, by pushing a noble cuisine to completely reject an American institution. it's your fault since most of us eat normal and know that ranch dressing, or sour cream, are not pizza ingredients, with honey, chicken feet, or cranberries similarly right out. dominos however, mistakenly offered your version of the za truth, falsely representing us, tarnishing the red-white-and blue brand, which is anti-homeland, which is anti-family, which is anti-business, which is anti-environment, which is anti-American, which is anti-nice, which is pro commie.
you have shamed The Stars and Stripes. i am mortified and stupified.

a very common chant on Italian social media lately is
'go home hawaiians and take your pineapples with you!'
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/domino-pizza-shut-down-stores-182716331.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&tsrc=twtr
the bloomberg version specifically mentioned pineapples.

can't say that i disagree with them.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
found in the comments.
'Not enough pineapple. Italians LOVE pineapple on their pizza. Also ranch dressing is a HUGE hit there! Marinara is wasting away in their pantries!'

Reaction Score
Quattro Pazzi (now Tutti Pazzi here in Stamford) is hands down my go-to spot for Italian and Pizza.
Interesting.. Quattro Pazzi in Fairfield became our go to spot for takeout in Fairfield during the pandemic, before we would eat in a restaurant, but it never occurred to me to try their pizza. Pizza is from Pepe’s or Colony. I will have to try their pizza now.

Reaction Score
Ding ding ding.

It's a short walk from my office - maybe I'll take one for the team, and try - may ask for donations lol
1660774697764.gif

Reaction Score
Atticus Market Pizza:

This article whets my appetite for trying their pizza. Sounds like it defines home made or freshly made. Prepping ingredients days before seems to be nailing it.

I have tried their avocado toast which is outstanding! A lot better than another local establishment that makes it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This article whets my appetite for trying their pizza. Sounds like it defines home made or freshly made. Prepping ingredients days before seems to be nailing it.

I have tried their avocado toast which is outstanding! A lot better than another local establishment that makes it.
Their avocado toast is great.

Their pizza is even better imo.

I don't love their chicken salad because it's made with chipotle mayo and I'm not always in the mood for that. I like a more basic chicken salad (like P&M's, for example). And for all their sandwiches I think there is too much bread relative to the meat/chicken, etc. Their bread is obviously great, but I just can't eat that much of it. In general I think P&M's sandwiches are better.

Reaction Score
I am solo for dinner tonight so decided to grab a pie from Atticus market. Eating it as I type. Heirloom tomato with garlic, Stracciatella cheese, basil, heirloom tomatoes and slow roasted cherry tomatoes and pecorino. Amazing. And the crust may be my favorite part.
Heirloom tomatoes just hit different. Bufalina had it as the special again the other week, I swear I could eat three pies myself.

Reaction Score
I am solo for dinner tonight so decided to grab a pie from Atticus market. Eating it as I type. Heirloom tomato with garlic, Stracciatella cheese, basil, heirloom tomatoes and slow roasted cherry tomatoes and pecorino. Amazing. And the crust may be my favorite part.
They take their dough incredibly seriously at Atticus. Love to see it

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They take their dough incredibly seriously at Atticus. Love to see it
Their crust is slightly thicker than I prefer, but it's so damned tasty that I don't mind one bit. Salt is definitely part of it, as is the sourdough base, but there is also a sweetness to it. Very interesting.

As a further testament to how good it is, I had both the Bufalina house-made chili oil and Mike's Hot Honey at the ready, as I frequently save crusts to the end and then use one or the other to dip them in and finish them off. I didn't save a single crust to the end last night and never used a drop of either.

Reaction Score
What’s going on is that it’s located 20 feet off of Greenwich Avenue. They could charge $40 for a Margherita and they’d still sell out. Same thing with Flour Water Salt Bread in Darien. Insane prices. Completely price-insensitive consumers.

But is the pizza actually that good?

Reaction Score
Shoutout to @TRest who referenced the quality of Amnon’s kosher pizza during a string of posts among ‘yarders back in March 2020 on the topic of frozen options. I was in Rockland County yesterday evening and picked up a box of slices from this slinger of kosher pies in Brooklyn. For frozen, this is top notch (albeit pricey) stuff.

0A0A5E71-8701-4460-AAF7-4F7355AC46AB.jpeg

Reaction Score
Shoutout to @TRest who referenced the quality of Amnon’s kosher pizza during a string of posts among ‘yarders back in March 2020 on the topic of frozen options. I was in Rockland County yesterday evening and picked up a box of slices from this slinger of kosher pies in Brooklyn. For frozen, this is top notch (albeit pricey) stuff.

View attachment 78430
Edge of the Woods in New Haven prepares kosher pizzas on premises on Thursday between 12 and 6, and on Sundays after 1.

I tried a slice a while ago, and found it tasty. Their bakery has a nice selection of muffins and pastries too. I am not sure, but maybe some of those items are kosher too. It is a vegan natural foods store.

If you call in advance, they could prepare a whole pizza for you.

Their phone number is 203-787-1055.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Edge of the Woods in New Haven prepares kosher pizzas on premises on Thursday between 12 and 6, and on Sundays after 1.

I tried a slice a while ago, and found it tasty. Their bakery has a nice selection of muffins and pastries too. I am not sure, but maybe some of those items are kosher too. It is a vegan natural foods store.

If you call in advance, they could prepare a whole pizza for you.

Their phone number is 203-787-1055.
They have a ton of kosher food throughout the store at Edge of the Woods.

And of course the excellent Ladle & Loaf, which @karstenkibbe turned me on to, is right next door.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

View attachment 78430
Yeah the prices in West Hartford for this is over 12 bucks now I think, can go get a small fresh one for that. Maybe? I don’t find myself pricing small cheese pizzas.

Reaction Score
Stopped at Frank Pepe on Wooster on the way home from RI yesterday because I really needed one fresh tomato pie before summer ends. Not a big Pepe’s guy, but I have always enjoyed this limited-run pie. After listening to a Colorado woman waiting on line outside go on and on about how she recently moved to CT and New Haven apizza joints don’t put enough cheese on their pies, my son and I escaped to a booth to enjoy this magnificence. Only complaint is that Pepe’s crust continues to play second fiddle to Sally’s, but flavors of the ripe tomato and garlic infused every bite. Up to $33 for a large this season. Yikes.

7F58FE86-22E0-42B5-B7C4-8605EB8C52AA.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom