OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 230 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Went to New Haven last Friday for the Shakey Graves concert with one of my sons. Planned to have dinner at Sally's but the traffic was brutal on 91 South and we ran considerably late so we went to Bar. It was close to the College Street Music Hall and wasn't busy. My first time there and the pizza (pepperoni) was good but not great. My salad however was excellent and that surprised me. Good beer and an excellent bartender. I would definitely go again.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Try the vastedda at Ferdinando's in Red Hook. It's filled with a spleen the size of a pigeon. The house-made ricotta is divine.

Reaction Score
has anyone been to the new Sally's in Stamford yet?
Has anyone been to Sallys in Stamford yet? Apologies if it was brought up already.. The lines to get in are absurd so I'm hoping it is just as good as New Haven's so its worth the wait OR it's not as good and I can just hit up Colony.
Picked up a pie today.

IMG_9660.jpg

It's "very good" and if you live in or near Stamford, give it a try. It's not comparable to the New Haven location but based on the high end bar vibe of the place, I don't think they are trying to be the New Haven location, which is totally fine by me.

It's a cool addition to the downtown Stamford scene, but there are a lot of good pizza places in Stamford that can compete against the Stamford Sally's.

Reaction Score
I've got money on Pepe's in New Haven but what do you all think?
A former neighbor who was born and raised in New Haven introduced me to Pepe’s . We used to get together with our families several times a year on a Friday and make the 25 mile trip to New Haven. Sometimes him and I would drive down and bring a Pepe’s back up but reheated is not the same. Pepe’s is IMO hands down is the best pizza anywhere. My neighbor retired and moved to God forsaken Texas and soon after died from lack of any pizza fit for human consumption.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A former neighbor who was born and raised in New Haven introduced me to Pepe’s . We used to get together with our families several times a year on a Friday and make the 25 mile trip to New Haven. Sometimes him and I would drive down and bring a Pepe’s back up but reheated is not the same. Pepe’s is IMO hands down is the best pizza anywhere. My neighbor retired and moved to God forsaken Texas and soon after died from lack of any pizza fit for human consumption.
him and I? UConn English major?
Texas thanks you

Reaction Score
Picked up a pie today.

View attachment 72106

It's "very good" and if you live in or near Stamford, give it a try. It's not comparable to the New Haven location but based on the high end bar vibe of the place, I don't think they are trying to be the New Haven location, which is totally fine by me.

It's a cool addition to the downtown Stamford scene, but there are a lot of good pizza places in Stamford that can compete against the Stamford Sally's.
Now I’m glad you all love this but look at the picture. First off there’s not a lot of cheese on it and what’s there is burnt. That sucker is also burnt on top and it means the bottom is too. No, no no, I’m not buying burnt charcoal pizza. But each to their own.

Reaction Score
The pizza pie ain't the issue over here,he used him and I together in a sentence!,this needs to be investigated, it's very alarming

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
When Pepes in Fairfield opened, it took a couple of years for them to be consistent. I asked Bill at Modern, he said those types of ovens can actually take that long to season properly.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom