OT: - Best grinder in CT. | The Boneyard

OT: Best grinder in CT.

Reaction Score
Cajun chicken club wedge at Rinaldi's in Greenwich. I get one every time I'm back in CT.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
sausage and peppers at Kensington Market.

Anything at Steve's Place in Newington.

Steak subs at Sax in Plainville used to be excellent.

Reaction Score
Franklin Giant Grinder in Hartford. It is expensive and they are rude but it certainly is a meal or 2.

Definitely a nice grinder and expensive. There is a spin off in Niantic called Hartford Giant Grinder. I believe the owners worked at Franklin Giant Grinder and possibly related. They too have a stacked grinder, full of meat & nice crusty grinder roll. Also expensive, but worth it.

The original Nardelli's

Emphasis is on "original" Nardelli's. Are they still around? The one in Middletown is just average.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
A couple of weeks away from the season and the boneyard is still too boring, why not some grinder talk. I'll kick it off with Salerno's and Carbone's in Torrington.

A dozen miles north ... La Nostra. 16" grinder with a pound of steak and cheese for $9.

JWILLDADDY101

Sailor2013
Reaction Score
P&G just a block or two north of Franklin Giant Grinders was the best. They closed. Franklin is the best I have tried. Their pizza is very heavy and very good too.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
IGA in Colchester makes the largest grinders I have ever had. They put almosta pound of meat with your choices of sides. Top line meats and cheeses

Reaction Score
I bring 10 whole chicken cutlet and meatball subs back to Florida from Wethersfield pizza and Frnklin grinder every time I visit! Which speaks volumes about either how good the food is in CT. or how bad the food is in FL. Probably both. You guys don't know how lucky you guys are , at least on this topic. The best meat balls in Ft. Myers are at subway. lol.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Best meatball grinder I've ever had was at Joey Garlic's on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington. This thing was the size of the dinner plate, but it was so damn good that I polished it off in one sitting. We then went and played lazer tag immediately after. Not a great idea.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
A couple of weeks away from the season and the boneyard is still too boring, why not some grinder talk. I'll kick it off with Salerno's and Carbone's in Torrington.
I'm gonna second both of these, though especially Carbone's. Used to get one every week during summer when I'd play little league/Babe Ruth down at Oak Avenue.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Montowese Deli in North Haven is pretty solid...

Reaction Score
I grew up in the Southend and always thought Franklin Giant was overrated. Steve's in Newington is better. And cheaper.

Reaction Score
IGA in Colchester makes the largest grinders I have ever had. They put almosta pound of meat with your choices of sides. Top line meats and cheeses
I moved to Colchester a little over a year ago. Those are great however Salem Prime Cuts grinders are even bigger/better and Westchester market also makes a pretty good grinder too if you're ever in the area.

Philly's in Norwich also has an excellent steak and cheese if thats your grinder of choice. Travel Channel rated them #1 sandwich at some point and they are definitely on par with anywhere you'll find in Philadelphia. Don't miss the Buffalo fries if you visit there either.

Reaction Score
Montowese Deli in North Haven is pretty solid...
I didn't even know Montowese had a deli. I grew up in No. Haven. I'll have to ask my brother who lives nearby. Thanks!

I grew up in the Southend and always thought Franklin Giant was overrated. Steve's in Newington is better. And cheaper.
Steve's Place? LOL My co-worker works PT at the one in Rocky Hill. He say's their good but I've never been.

Reaction Score
There Chicken Parm is mind blowingly good. I can down a large in one sitting.

if this is true, then you sir are a king among men. i can do a half and then am forced to beg for mercy.

I didn't even know Montowese had a deli. I grew up in No. Haven. I'll have to ask my brother who lives nearby. Thanks!

Steve's Place? LOL My co-worker works PT at the one in Rocky Hill. He say's their good but I've never been.

Steve's is pretty good; one of the best pastrami's I've had. It is quite expensive though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom