Best "Forward Group" in the Country | The Boneyard

Best "Forward Group" in the Country

Reaction Score
I guess by this he means front court. But he didn't say "hands down" so there must be room for debate.

I won't argue the belief---as good (old time) cooks said --the proof is in the pudding (old because you can't buy pudding to cook any longer)

Reaction Score
I guess by this he means front court. But he didn't say "hands down" so there must be room for debate.

Two ways of looking at that---4 Basketball Forwards ---or socially forward

In Basketball neither is unacceptable---unlike the Pro's who collect data on BB--
I believe that last year's champ ---is still champ until beaten--the title is USC's to lose-
much like Uconn last year --an it took 36 games before getting knocked off.

Reaction Score
They are celebrating the cementing of their place among the WCBB elite teams. I am happy for Dawn, her staff and their team. I really wanted a UCONN v. USC title game but alas that didn't happen (maybe next year).

A Championship adds a little bit extra confidence to the program. They will need it. So I say let them enjoy the success and bask in the glory. Next year they face the tough task of trying to repeat. There will be some very hungry teams chomping at the bit to take the champions down a peg or two. It will be tough enough to retain the SEC championship.

I can't wait for a Stevens v. Wilson matchup. We will see who the best big in the country really is.

Reaction Score
Is everyone in the photo 6'5"?

I rather like Azura, Gabby, Pheesa, and Batouly.

Aja and LaDazhia are the only ones who are 6'5", Alexis Jennings is 6'3", KiKi Herbert Harrigan is 6'2" and LeLe Grissett is 6'3".

All except Grissett who's a guard/forward are natural 4's so SC won't have a big center like Coates this year. We'll be more forward base and mobile with a lot of faceup players.

Grissett who will play the 3/4 is more of a guard then a forward but at 6'3" and being extremely athletic it allows her to play just about any position.

The team has been improving quite a lot since the start of the summer. The trip to Japan seems to really have them bonding. Excited to see how they look this year.

Reaction Score
And as Shakespeare said, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating."

I'm a guee-en that thar Spear shaker--done taught Aint Hetty --howse to do puddin--cuz, i'ze a ben eating it a-plenty.

Thanks--takes me back to high school--I appreciate the proper source.
As I said--Today was Canadian Independence day--it AIN't --it was Dominion Day yesterday July 1
When they became the Dominion of Canada. So Happy Dominion Day Kia (belatedly).

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I do like what I've heard about this group of forwards so far.. big things are expected of Williams and Grissett. They will be counted to play this year. It's important that SC eases them into the rotation slowly, just as we did last year with Harris and Harrigan. I think Harrigan takes a leap this year.. she'll never be an all-american but she already seems more confident on the court from all accounts I've heard.

Wilson will be elite. Jennings will be very stout.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Aja and LaDazhia are the only ones who are 6'5", Alexis Jennings is 6'3", KiKi Herbert Harrigan is 6'2" and LeLe Grissett is 6'3".

All except Grissett who's a guard/forward are natural 4's so SC won't have a big center like Coates this year. We'll be more forward base and mobile with a lot of faceup players.

Grissett who will play the 3/4 is more of a guard then a forward but at 6'3" and being extremely athletic it allows her to play just about any position.

The team has been improving quite a lot since the start of the summer. The trip to Japan seems to really have them bonding. Excited to see how they look this year.

I think she's the steal of that 2017 class. Very underrated.. freak athleticism and can legitimately guard positions 1-5. She can be a big impact player for us depending on how quickly she adjusts to Dawn's defense and conditioning.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I rather like Azura, Gabby, Pheesa, and Batouly.

Yeah, two All-Americans plus Azura and Batouly will make for a pretty good front court. But like Geno once said, "we think we're the best women's basketball program in America but we don't flaunt it . . . we're not out there talking about it." As for UConn fans, well that's a different story.

HGN

Reaction Score

We'll just have to see about that..........:(

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I like the early buildup for what is likely to be a matchup between the #1 & #2 teams in the country in Feb in Columbia, SC. The past 2 national champions will battle for WBB supremacy. Will the Gamecocks finally take down the Huskies?

Stay tuned .....

Reaction Score
I like the early buildup for what is likely to be a matchup between the #1 & #2 teams in the country in Feb in Columbia, SC. The past 2 national champions will battle for WBB supremacy. Will the Gamecocks finally take down the Huskies?

Stay tuned .....
What station do I tune to??? Columbia was a great place for Uconn to play---rowdy, noisy, thunderous, and boisterous---the last game there--EVERYONE in SC--was certain this was their game to win--I try not to knock teams that brag about their team/school--that is one of the reasons I follow College sports and not the pro's--if you don't cheer your team, no matter their rank, ???????

HGN

Reaction Score

Stay tuned .....
Oldude , I agree. The UConn/USC matchup should be the marquee game of the year. Barring any injuries. And it will be a chance to see just WHO has the Best Forward Group in WBB. If you're below the Mason/Dixon line some may certainly say USC...(Now that they have a NC to tout.) But many in the rest of the country may look at UConn's group of Stevens, Williams , Collier , Batouly , and KLS and say otherwise. Including myself.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Stay tuned .....
Nope.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
SC as a team, and their fans, should have a little "moxie" going into the season as the defending national champs. I believe that UCONN is a superior team and it's not really close, but we won't know for sure until the teams actually play each other.

Reaction Score
SC as a team, and their fans, should have a little "moxie" going into the season as the defending national champs. I believe that UConn is a superior team and it's not really close, but we won't know for sure until the teams actually play each other.
I don't care how much Moxie they drink, it won't help them a bit. ;)
Moxie-Elixir-Glass.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom