best beach in CT | Page 4 | The Boneyard

best beach in CT

Reaction Score
Settle down , beavis. I was being serious, I can’t figure out Old Lyme/ East Lyme border . If you are the one to explain it to me I’d be eternally grateful.
I believe its Fourmile River. Its broken up by a dammed pond in the north. For practical purposes its Fourmile River Road. Use to work off that road.

Reaction Score
1600123049582.png

Nice little community beach in the City of Groton. Beach house in backround.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Both Westport beaches? It's been six years.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also, five idiots go swimming in ocean water with open wounds.

Doesn't appear at all unique to the Sound. FL Gulf Coast, Delaware and MD cases

Definitely not unique to LI Sound. To be honest I was a bit surprised to see it. Only happens when waters get close to 80 degrees or above. Need the shallower coastal waters to get that.

I've read some articles that seem to come right out of reality crime TV where a person has a small cut between their toes or some other weird area you wouldn't necessarily see and the virus enters the body.

The article mentions handling shellfish and they can definitely slice you open.

It also mentions the gulf coast which is where I live. Seems like every year or every other year we have of a case of this.

Reaction Score
Settle down , beavis. I was being serious, I can’t figure out Old Lyme/ East Lyme border . If you are the one to explain it to me I’d be eternally grateful.
I am terribly sorry man! I misunderstood, I can not! haha

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I believe its Fourmile River. Its broken up by a dammed pond in the north. For practical purposes its Fourmile River Road. Use to work off that road.

Thank you, thats the best I can figure and have found it mostly true. And it's the best I can go on. But I live at the 156/ four mile river rd intersection (with four mile river in my backyard.) and Im east of river and still Old Lyme zip. Ive only been there 18 months and it has irrationally made me crazy trying to figure it out. I need a new hobby. If it wasnt for covid, my OCD butt would probably studying maps at town hall. :cool:

Reaction Score
Ct so much shoreline so little public beach.
I did learn to swim at seaside park in Bridgeport in 1951-52

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Scarborough now...
View attachment 58708
Made my usual rounds for 6-9’ 144 degree swell. Woke up at 4 and head to Naragansett, then Monahan’s Dock, checked Scarborough but it was packed. Then headed to Matunuck and Deep Hole where the biggest size was. Then just finished up at Weekapaug Breachway.

I need a beer.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Made my usual rounds for 6-9’ 144 degree swell. Woke up at 4 and head to Naragansett, then Monahan’s Dock, checked Scarborough but it was packed. Then headed to Matunuck and Deep Hole where the biggest size was. Then just finished up at Weekapaug Breachway.

I need a beer.
Did you find your Weekapaug Groove?

Reactions: tv
Reaction Score
Try to figure out East Lyme vs. old Lyme sometime . The pavilion at rocky neck is literally a path in my back yard I have an old Lyme zip code.
oops Sorry but I might have taken a leak in your backyard :)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
CT beach > no beach. I do agree that CT probably has the least desirable beaches of any coastal state but I do like to go down to FT Trumbull during low tide and walk the sand bars.
This, paired with the Walnut to Silver Sands stretch (mostly at sunset), has been a revelation & an absolute highlight within the weirdness of pandemic life.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The original question was for CT beach rating. Hammonassset has everything for swimmers, tanners, campers and recreation.

Boneyardin'.
The pandemic has kept me close to home and given me the chance to recognize that Hammonasset is pretty grand in its own way.

My decade in Bellport, NY, with a village ferry delivering residents to the center of the Fire Island Wilderness - pretty pure nature with high dunes, fine sand beaches, body rideable waves, and a few hundred people across a 7-mile stretch on the busiest days of the year - could have spoiled me, but I remain wowed by all manner of saltwater, continental coast.

I look forward to some 'real' ocean time in a couple weeks in OCNJ.

Reaction Score
Just got back from a week in the outer banks. Wheeling on Bodie island, watching the dolphins play and in the morning having a mile of beach to ourselves. Huge waves, shells a plenty, snacks, beers, sand castle, and cat naps. Now that is a beach! Can't wait to go back!

Reaction Score
The pandemic has kept me close to home and given me the chance to recognize that Hammonasset is pretty grand in its own way.

My decade in Bellport, NY, with a village ferry delivering residents to the center of the Fire Island Wilderness - pretty pure nature with high dunes, fine sand beaches, body rideable waves, and a few hundred people across a 7-mile stretch on the busiest days of the year - could have spoiled me, but I remain wowed by all manner of saltwater, continental coast.

I look forward to some 'real' ocean time in a couple weeks in OCNJ.
Is it still a dry town?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think I know what you mean. We went to Rocky Neck a half-dozen times this summer after not going at all for a few years. But it was always early before they closed the lot. With the reduced attendance, it was nice. Great for the very little ones.

Reaction Score
Thank you, thats the best I can figure and have found it mostly true. And it's the best I can go on. But I live at the 156/ four mile river rd intersection (with four mile river in my backyard.) and Im east of river and still Old Lyme zip. Ive only been there 18 months and it has irrationally made me crazy trying to figure it out. I need a new hobby. If it wasnt for covid, my OCD butt would probably studying maps at town hall. :cool:
That is funky, especially being east of the river. I know the road name changes when 156 crosses the river so I figured it a boundary, geez good luck on that one Auggie.

Reaction Score
This, paired with the Walnut to Silver Sands stretch (mostly at sunset), has been a revelation & an absolute highlight within the weirdness of pandemic life.
I was at Fort Trumbull at low tide a month ago, and the sand is just hard enough for a nice walk. Very nice beach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom