best beach in CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

best beach in CT

Reaction Score
Is Waterford Beach even doing Day Passes? Website is confusing and seems to indicate you might need a season pass. Not sure that makes sense during the week at this point.

Reaction Score
Here's my problem with most of the CT shoreline, using Lyme as an example. Accelerates erosion and ruins the beach. Lots of that crap on the Cape as well.

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 3.20.13 PM.png

Reaction Score
Is Waterford Beach even doing Day Passes? Website is confusing and seems to indicate you might need a season pass. Not sure that makes sense during the week at this point.

Pretty sure Waterford went residents-only, like most town beaches this year. Many towns using Covid as an excuse to keep things for themselves.

Reaction Score
I never go to any of the CT beaches either. Its a lot more worth your time to drive the extra distance and go to Rhode Island. Misquamicut is nice, but it gets way to crowded on the weekends. Watch Hill is nice as well. But, my favorite is Matunuck. A nice summer Saturday for me is spending a few hours at the Matunuck beach, then eating dinner at Matunuck oyster bar.

My godparents had place right onMatunuck beach road So during my 20’s I was going there quite a bit . Great to be 100 yds from both Joyce Irish pub and ocean mist

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Here's my problem with most of the CT shoreline, using Lyme as an example. Accelerates erosion and ruins the beach. Lots of that crap on the Cape as well.

View attachment 58668
I made decent money one summer putting those in.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
D
Try to figure out East Lyme vs. old Lyme sometime . The pavilion at rocky neck is literally a path in my back yard I have an old Lyme zip code.
Didn’t realize you moved down there.

Reaction Score
Best beach although private is old colony beach....visit friends best beach in CT by far
My family has a beach house here, since it's private it's a hidden gem. Love it there.

Reaction Score
Now is the best time for swimming. That will last til mid October. Best water is in eastern Ct. Start in Waterford and work east to the RI line. The only one I would not recommend is Esker Point in the Noank/Groton Long Point section of Groton. There is also Bushy Point that can be accessed through Bluff Point State Park in town . Somewhat rocky but improves the more you walk west and there is also the Pequonnock River side. The water is clean but there are no amenities.
You must be hardcore to swim in September. Yeah, the water ~might~ be a degree warmer, but the air is much colder.

Reaction Score
if jetties accelerate erosion, why aren't they removed?

Expense, generally. But there is no faster way to erode a beach than to build a jetty perpendicular to it and a seawall parallel to it. The former eliminates litoral drift and the latter removes any dunes/sand that can replenish the beach.

Reaction Score
Try to figure out East Lyme vs. old Lyme sometime . The pavilion at rocky neck is literally a path in my back yard I have an old Lyme zip code.
?

I grew up in OL from Age 1 to 18, and summers, back from UNI ages 18-23 as well as a one year stint at 26, I have it plenty figured out, thanks :).

Close, Waterford.
No, it is in Old Lyme, unless there is more than one beach called White Sands.

Is that white sands beach in old Lyme?
Yes, I grew up going there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My godparents had place right onMatunuck beach road So during my 20’s I was going there quite a bit . Great to be 100 yds from both Joyce Irish pub and ocean mist

I’m 100 yards from the Mist and what is now The Pub (Was Joyce’s) and I completely understand how much fun it would’ve been in the summers when I was in my 20s!!! I can imagine the fun you had. My son enjoyed some weekends with his friends early 20s staying there for boys weekends a few times.

Reaction Score
No, it is in Old Lyme, unless there is more than one beach called White Sands.

CL's pic was of Waterford Beach Park, which is a nicer beach than White Sands.

Reaction Score
15 minutes from my door to feet in the sand.

View attachment 58669

Do all of us who go to gulf coast a favor and stop posting pictures like this. We have been going to South Walton(Sandestin) since we moved South from CT 30 years ago and in the last 5 years have seen a noticeable increase in NY & NJ cars in the Spring and Fall.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
?

I grew up in OL from Age 1 to 18, and summers, back from UNI ages 18-23 as well as a one year at 26 I have it plenty figured out, thanks

Settle down , beavis. I was being serious, I can’t figure out Old Lyme/ East Lyme border . If you are the one to explain it to me I’d be eternally grateful.

Reaction Score
I’m 100 yards from the Mist and what is now The Pub (Was Joyce’s) and I completely understand how much fun it would’ve been in the summers when I was in my 20s!!! I can imagine the fun you had. My son enjoyed some weekends with his friends early 20s staying there for boys weekends a few times.

My godparents place was 2nd house before prospect st Across from what was then called the matunuck breakers cottages. The kids sold it in 07 . One of them was soo pissed that his siblings wanted to sell

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom