Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No, he's been gone a few years, now.

His son, I believe, took over.
Given how long I've been out of Fairfield County, I figured as much. He was a joy to watch, in super slo-mo, tending to a sausage patty.

Grateful, as well, that I've seen Dom make pizza at DiFara.

And, I remember my first visits to Sally's w/o Flo there, and Louis Lunch w/o mom (not to mention Sally and Ken).

Reaction Score
Gotta try it again. I’ve had it twice and wasn’t impressed either time. Wasn’t a fan of the roll especially. Is there any specific way I should order it?

I can only speak to the way I ordered it with home fries but it sounded like they also had it with Kielbasa. That may be worth a shot? Egg was slightly runny. The roll was Toasted with an initial crunch but still soft overall. Nice crispy bacon too.

Reaction Score
So finally tried BEC from Country Cow Deli. It's definitely good, but still only 2nd place.

Best BEC for me is still Billy D's in Shelton.
You also have to try their Steak Egg Cheese!

Reaction Score
Really? The place looks so uninspired I've never been tempted to go in. I'll have to give it a try if I'm over there around breakfast time.

Uninspired is fair... It is dated, tight, crowded, the service is mediocre. But it is really, really good breakfast food. We just went last weekend after probably a 2 year hiatus. Exactly as I remembered it.

Reaction Score
I haven’t been to CC in at least five years and I didn’t even recognize the place. When did they renovate it? I miss the old layout but still the best bacon/egg/cheese around.

Reaction Score
Lorca has a good one next to Tigins. It’s expensive but it’s really good. I also like Rinaldis on East Main.
Just had the BEC from Lorca and it was as good as advertised

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I asked earlier in the thread, but anyone with a suggestion closer to west hartford/Avon? I love BEC but I don't want to drive 20+ min.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I haven’t been to CC in at least five years and I didn’t even recognize the place. When did they renovate it? I miss the old layout but still the best bacon/egg/cheese around.
Drove my sister to her MD appt for minor procedure this morning. She couldn't eat until afterward, and so was ravenous when I came vack to get her. Neither of us had been to Comfy Cow since new sign, layout, etc. She loved the suggestion, and doubly liked the opportunity for pumpkin ice cream at Sunny Daes afterward.

We meet monthly and swap whose treat it is. I got off pretty cheap this month, and made someone I love very happy.

Two thumbs up for Comfy Cow BEC!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Maybe this qualifies for the Corona Memes thread as well. Sign o' the times...
Screenshot_20200630-113207.png

If you haven't called in your order, then step inside to give your order then back outside for 5 minutes. A departing customer will alert you when the order is ready.

Reaction Score
I’ll give it to everyone on here who said Country Cow. I had only had it once before this thread began and thought it was only decent. Now since reading this thread I’ve had it over 40 times (serious) and it’s my favorite by a mile.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
So finally tried BEC from Country Cow Deli. It's definitely good, but still only 2nd place.

Best BEC for me is still Billy D's in Shelton.
You also have to try their Steak Egg Cheese!

Billy D's is damned good. I'm ashamed to say that i have never been to Country Cow, despite formerly living in Fairfield!!

Don't laugh, but I had a transcendental sausage egg and cheese at LGA. Shake Shack in the terminal. burger-size sausage patty, egg and cheese on a potato roll. Tremendous.

Reaction Score
Never been to Country Cow. Probably because I live in New Haven, and there’s no need to go as far as Fairfield when the all-time best egg sandwich (with smoked Gouda and pepper-bacon) can be found at Scratch Baking in Milford (on Main Street).
Full disclosure: my daughter bakes the rolls, brioche, every morning, and they’re unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Haven’t read the thread so I apologize if anyone has mentioned already: Bagel Zone in Storrs. The nostalgia factor is what does it but it’s also one heck of a BEC.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Never been to Country Cow. Probably because I live in New Haven, and there’s no need to go as far as Fairfield when the all-time best egg sandwich (with smoked Gouda and pepper-bacon) can be found at Scratch Baking in Milford (on Main Street).
Full disclosure: my daughter bakes the rolls, brioche, every morning, and they’re unbelievable.
Look forward to trying on a day when I walk at Silver Sands in the morning.

Reaction Score
Neil’s Donuts makes an excellent bacon egg and cheese.

country cow will always be #1 though

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
A LONG time ago, Mickey's in East Hartford made a mean bacon, egg and provolone. They still have a breakfast menu, but from their website it looks like it's changed a lot.

On a side note, when I was at UConn I worked for a civil engineering firm and did field work all over the state. A couple of things that stand out in my memory were the meatball grinders at Franklin Giant, wings at the Bidwell (not great anymore), and the tuna grinders at some skating rink in South Windsor (believe it or not). It was also pretty cool to go into the old Hall of Fame Lounge in Southington and see the original ESPN SportsCenter crew (Berman, Dan Patrick, Bob Ley etc) all sitting around a big table with pitchers of beer, working on program material.

Last edited:

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
S&S Dugout in Southport is really good too. Their roast beef egg and cheese is great.

As is the house made spicy sausage patty. Will have to try the roast beef e and c.

And the fried mashed potato patty in lieu of hash browns or home fries. I had a roast beef sandwich a few weeks ago. Good as ever

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Country Cow is fabulous.

"Pre-Covid" Country Cow not taking your name or giving you an order number, thus 10 people raising their hands when someone behind the counter yells out "who had a bacon egg and cheese?" is the worst.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom