Beer | Page 107 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

"Lest the most wary drinker be concerned, Intertidal Oyster Stout isn’t fishy, the briny notes balanced by a grain bill of Maris Otter and roasted barley (think milk stout with a salty kick). You could bring this beer to a party, pass around little glasses, and have everyone say in unison how surprisingly good it is."

Not Fishy, he finds it fishy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ack. I hate gin. But barrel aged rums and tequilas are still pretty affordable compared to whiskey.

I think tequila had its run after vodka and it's not quite rum's time yet.

Everyone hates gin now, but in a year, everyone will love it. For a while.

I really do not mind it. Somehow, I had never tried gin, but I took my brothers out to a tour of a nearby distillery - Hudson Bourbon - and they had a tasting room at the end of the tour. I do not care for bourbon, so they made me some kind of concoction out of a gin they produce. Not half bad.

As for rum....try this.

Reaction Score
Hendrick's Gin. Period.

Gin and tonics with slash of grapefruit use to be my go to drink before switching to vodka a few years ago. Can't beat Hendricks for the price and quality.

Reaction Score
For all you juicy fruits the Tree House line post holidays is back to normal, 2 minutes in and out...and my favorite cutie Lauren welcomed me back!
15826737_10154027872996697_5957959596156180458_n.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For all you juicy fruits the Tree House line post holidays is back to normal, 2 minutes in and out...and my favorite cutie Lauren welcomed me back!
Now you tell me! Thanks, looks like a road trip next week.

Reaction Score
I've spent thirty years drinking Piss Weisser. Jump all -$@&ng sharks! Think I'll have me a peanut butter & jelly Stout now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Asked at local co-op for recommendation for decent beer at $10 mark for 6-pack, was told to try Otter Creek's Free Flow IPA. I like it- anyone else try it? This and Lagunitas 12th of Never are my favorite cheap beers.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Funny.....a $10 six pack is now a "cheap" beer.
lol I was gonna say: damn, otter creek and lagunitas is this guy's cheap beer?? 10 for a 6 pack is about the going rate for most stuff these days.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I remember paying $10 for a case in the late 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I still drank, at these prices I'd be broke
I buy beer at breweries for my kids and have to bring a Home Equity Line of Credit check

Reaction Score
lol I was gonna say: damn, otter creek and lagunitas is this guy's cheap beer?? 10 for a 6 pack is about the going rate for most stuff these days.

Speaking of cheap.....
I saw Keystone Light at Crazy Bruce's last week...it's been years....that was my go to beer during game nights in the mid/late 90's.
One thing for sure....you could drink a lot of it.

Reaction Score
Asked at local co-op for recommendation for decent beer at $10 mark for 6-pack, was told to try Otter Creek's Free Flow IPA. I like it- anyone else try it? This and Lagunitas 12th of Never are my favorite cheap beers.

For $10 I can pick up 6s of some Ommegang's, Unibroue Blanc Chambly, Anchor Steam, some other good ones.

Reaction Score
I remember paying $10 for a case in the late 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I still drank, at these prices I'd be broke
I buy beer at breweries for my kids and have to bring a Home Equity Line of Credit check

In central PA in the mid 90s, a case of 16 oz. Yuengling would run you $11, and if you brought back the bottles, your next case cost $10.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

12th of Never is the best deal in beer. Around $16 a 12 pack.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Lauren is Tree House royalty. Pretty girl-next-door who runs marathons. Married to the brewmaster Nate, and the brewery has been built on her family farm. Such a great story.
Lauren

Don't know if you guys are on Untappd or Instagram, but Amy from "herewithbeer" is my favorite beer cutie.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Looking for some Trillium-Boston advice. We'll be up there on Saturday, is it a madhouse? What's their Julius? No parking I imagine.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Looking for some Trillium-Boston advice. We'll be up there on Saturday, is it a madhouse? What's their Julius? No parking I imagine.

Street parking at meters nearby is the best bet. It can be a madhouse depending on what is released. They don't really have a single flagship IPA. All the Street named IPAs are the same malt base with different hops. Congress and Melcher are my favorites of those, but tastes may vary.

Fort Point Pale Ale is superb, as are the dry hopped variants (particularly Mosaic or Galaxy).

Vicinity DIPA is available at the moment and is excellent. Mosaic Hopped Cutting Tiles just came out and will be the hottest release most likely.

I'm not a fan of Scaled or Sleeper Street, but you may be different.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All Lagunitas six packs are $8.99 through the end of January at Coastal in Branford. Assuming it's the same at Amity, with the same owners.

Haven't been drinking much beer of late and didn't know they had Hop Stoopid in six packs now. Grabbed one yesterday while shopping for ciders because we were expecting friends from Litchfield to visit tonight. They canceled because of the snow and I just popped one to enjoy the Diallo melts. Very nice--as much as I remembered. Great deal at that price.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
All Lagunitas six packs are $8.99 through the end of January at Coastal in Branford. Assuming it's the same at Amity, with the same owners.

Haven't been drinking much beer of late and didn't know they had Hop Stoopid in six packs now. Grabbed one yesterday while shopping for ciders because we were expecting friends from Litchfield to visit tonight. They canceled because of the snow and I just popped one to enjoy the Diallo melts. Very nice--as much as I remembered. Great deal at that price.

Beer after today doesn't cut it.

Im on 3rd scotch

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Beer after today doesn't cut it.

Im on 3rd scotch
I'd be chin-to-chest by 9:00 if I was into the Scotch already.

Funny, I poured one the other night around 9:00 after three days of no booze and several months now of much less booze (and much fewer pounds..). Within literally seconds I could feel it travel throughout my body and take the edge off everywhere. It was glorious. It felt like it was IV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom