So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Where can I buy an empty growler or two? A packy?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
OT in an OT post, but I've gone to a strict IPA diet over the past 6 months. I went back to a couple of lighter beers that I used to enjoy (Stella for example) a month or so ago and I might as well be drinking water. Anyone else have that happen?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone else have that happen?
Yup. I've been on a strict diet of IPA's and IIPA's from Tree House for months, and it's spoiled me. Picked up a single bottle of Knee Deep Citra Extra Pale Ale, seemed interesting since SOS is a citra hopped beer. Two sips and the rest went down the drain, no flavor. Had no interest in drinking the beer.

Reaction Score
OT in an OT post, but I've gone to a strict IPA diet over the past 6 months. I went back to a couple of lighter beers that I used to enjoy (Stella for example) a month or so ago and I might as well be drinking water. Anyone else have that happen?

Hops is like salt. Too much of it destroys the ability of even a refined palette to detect and appreciate other flavors.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Where can I buy an empty growler or two? A packy?

I just saw empty growlers for sale at both Big Y and TJ Max. Didn't check prices but the logos were kind of dumb. Was wondering what anyone would do with them other than fill with beer, so why not get the glassware at the brewery?

In Massachusetts you can only fill growlers that come from the specific brewery.

Reaction Score
I just saw empty growlers for sale at both Big Y and TJ Max. Didn't check prices but the logos were kind of dumb. Was wondering what anyone would do with them other than fill with beer, so why not get the glassware at the brewery?

In Massachusetts you can only fill growlers that come from the specific brewery.

Seriously??? That sucks. That's some kind of law or just the breweries trying to distinguish themselves???
In CT, it's seems like a cool brotherhood, all the breweries are happy to fill any growler for you, no matter what logo is on it.

Reaction Score
Have tried many brews from Thimble Island, but I just finally tried their Ghost Island DIPA on tap.....verrrrrrry nice. :D

Reaction Score
Seriously??? That sucks. That's some kind of law or just the breweries trying to distinguish themselves???
In CT, it's seems like a cool brotherhood, all the breweries are happy to fill any growler for you, no matter what logo is on it.
Yeah I was going to post above that it's a Massachusetts law. So if you go to Treehouse or Trillium or any other brewery that fills growlers you have to initially buy their growlers with their logo on it and then you can use it for all your subsequent visits to that particular brewery. Not sure what the rationale is for that law. Seems kind of stupid. But what else is new?!

Reaction Score
Yeah I was going to post above that it's a Massachusetts law. So if you go to Treehouse or Trillium or any other brewery that fills growlers you have to initially buy their growlers with their logo on it and then you can use it for all your subsequent visits to that particular brewery. Not sure what the rationale is for that law. Seems kind of stupid. But what else is new?!

Mass. government just finding another way to get involved in people's lives.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Have tried many brews from Thimble Island, but I just finally tried their Ghost Island DIPA on tap.....verrrrrrry nice. :D

The worst beer I've ever had is by Thimble Island; their Dark Pumpkin Porter. I could barely finish one before I dumped it out. Tried another a few weeks later because I couldn't believe it was so bad...but it was. A few months later, just for curiosity I tried making a black and tan with this and Bud Light (I'm a masochist). It was somehow even worse. Now I have three bottles sitting in my fridge because I can't stand to open them up and dump them out.

Reaction Score
This ENTIRE thread is about domestic beer. We're all supporting local businesses.

BTW, Miller is owned by SABMiller based in London, England. I don't consider that domestic. ;)

My bad alex forgive me. I'm talking about standard regular everyday crap we grew up on. From Schaefer to Schlitz to Rheingold to Old Milwaukee to Miller GD to Bud to Bud Light to Ultra to Corona Light.....ya know kickers beers with no flavor...according to beer snobs!;)

Reaction Score
The worst beer I've ever had is by Thimble Island; their Dark Pumpkin Porter. I could barely finish one before I dumped it out. Tried another a few weeks later because I couldn't believe it was so bad...but it was. A few months later, just for curiosity I tried making a black and tan with this and Bud Light (I'm a masochist). It was somehow even worse. Now I have three bottles sitting in my fridge because I can't stand to open them up and dump them out.

Send them to me I've never ever ordered a beer that I would throw out without finishing, even if it was awful. May be the "worst beer" but it's the one in my hands.

Reaction Score
This ENTIRE thread is about domestic beer. We're all supporting local businesses.

BTW, Miller is owned by SABMiller based in London, England. I don't consider that domestic. ;)

Oh, you get his point. Go drink more of your triple IPA's that taste like a pinecone.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Yup. In fact some brewers like seeing the different ones. I leave all my tags on the growlers. And a couple weeks ago Steady Habit got a kick out of seeing what was previously in the Nebco Growler I had them fill. It is like a roadmap history of my travels.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom