Beer | Page 66 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I think it was their original big IPA and Alexd. has reviewed it earlier in the thread. I had some on tap at J.Timothys and really liked it.

I think it was their original IPA. I almost like their new Strange Quark IPA better. It leans more towards Julius with the mango and tropical
fruits.

Reaction Score
Found Grapefruit Sculpin by accident last night after the XL game....at the "last real bar in Hartford" Federal Cafe of all places. Great way to finish off the night. :cool:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Best craft beer in the state, don't just name the hop monsters, please name some tasty stouts and porter's too.
Bud............not some beer made in someone's cellar!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The LWH had Captain's Daughter on tap when I stopped by on my way home from the game. Thanks to this thread (where I get all my beer info) I was duly impressed and enjoyed a couple. The bad news was the roads were crappy when I left for home. Small price to pay. I'm hoping it hasn't kicked when I go back for the Pats game today.

Reaction Score
I'll be that guy. I've got the Tree House run down to a science. The stuff is the bomb. I get up there every couple weeks or so. Anybody looking to trade let me know.
IMG_4024.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I picked up some Maine Beer Co MO the other day as well as a hoppier style which names escaping me. I really like MO. Sayulita in South Glastonbury has it on tap as well.

Reaction Score
Have a had a couple time before but made my first run to Hill Farmstead Brewery on Friday night. Waited for a bit but filled up 5 750 mL Growlers and a new 2 Liter Growler (Edward). Everyone of their beers is great stuff. Some people had coolers full of growlers and the staff couldn't be nicer when filling them up.

Stay on 120 to route 16. Our GPS had us on this unplowed logging road (was an actual road but was on a logging route) and we got caught with a logging truck coming up the hill. Guy didn't have enough momentum and got stuck. This huge skidder with chains had to push him forward. An adventure none the less.

Reaction Score
I just had a bourbon county stout for the first time tonight. I thought it was really good. Very sweet though, followed by vanilla, then bourbon and finally caramel with a little bit of dark chocolate. Is anyone familiar with this one? Any suggestions where I could find more? A friend gave this to me a while ago I have no idea where I can find more.

Reaction Score
I know there's a few Fairfield County guys on here. I've been to Veracious Brewing in Monroe a couple times now. Like their milk stout and they currently have a 2014 home brewing IPA winner that's pretty good. They had about a dozen brews on tap and it's the only place you can get them.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Drinkin' a cold Ghandi-Bot at the Blue Hound Taproom in Ivoryton.

Really good.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dove said:
Drinkin' a cold Ghandi-Bot at the Blue Hound Taproom in Ivoryton. Really good.
You didn't invite me

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I know there's a few Fairfield County guys on here. I've been to Veracious Brewing in Monroe a couple times now. Like their milk stout and they currently have a 2014 home brewing IPA winner that's pretty good. They had about a dozen brews on tap and it's the only place you can get them.
Monrovian here. Agreed - they have some quality stuff.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I just had a bourbon county stout for the first time tonight. I thought it was really good. Very sweet though, followed by vanilla, then bourbon and finally caramel with a little bit of dark chocolate. Is anyone familiar with this one? Any suggestions where I could find more? A friend gave this to me a while ago I have no idea where I can find more.
Comes out every year on Black Friday at this point it will be hard to get my advice to you would be look at small package stores because everyone goes to the bigger stores looking for it

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
About 2 months ago a small discount liquor store in Clinton had a bunch. This place is on Rt 1 in the plaza where Ocean State Job Lot is. I bought one and still haven't tapped it yet.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Anyone want to consider trading beers? I live in Florida and have access to great breweries such as Cigar City and Funky Buddha, etc. I keep reading about all of these New England beers that I have to try. Would be willing to ship you some of my local stuff for some of yours in return. I will ship first and ensure proper delivery before requesting you to return the favor. Just a thought as I know I don't have access to your stuff and would love to try it. If interested, either PM me or just respond on here and I will let you know what I can get. I can also take requests and let you know if I am able to get my hands on that which you seek.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Anyone want to consider trading beers? I live in Florida and have access to great breweries such as Cigar City and Funky Buddha, etc. I keep reading about all of these New England beers that I have to try. Would be willing to ship you some of my local stuff for some of yours in return. I will ship first and ensure proper delivery before requesting you to return the favor. Just a thought as I know I don't have access to your stuff and would love to try it. If interested, either PM me or just respond on here and I will let you know what I can get. I can also take requests and let you know if I am able to get my hands on that which you seek.

I may take you up on that; went down to Florida last April and had Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City which was phenomenal. What kind of stuff were you looking for? Some is easier to get than others.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Bezzz is your guy (see bcisco's post above with the reply to Bezzz's post). Trading for Treehouse beers would be your best bet.

Reaction Score
Check out this Facebook page, it's clearing house for all the fanatical Tree House beer traders. CC Jai Alai is frequently mentioned.
Tree House Trading Arena

Reaction Score
Question for the Tree House pros. I'll be up in that area next Wednesday and am looking to get some cans. What kind of quantities do they limit you to? Looking to grab as much as possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom