Beer | Page 68 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Tried troegs nugget nectar the other day. Maybe one of my new favorites. I could have used about 10 of them after the last 5minutes of that game...

Reaction Score
@alexd. How's their Coneflakes? That's the one I've been hankerin' to try, and they're canning it now, no?

It's very good. They made the right choice at the time in picking that one as their first canned offering.

I really love their new Strange Quark IPA. Their first batch came out last month. Keep an eye on their website and stop in when they have it on tap (not sure where you live).

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Had to bump this thread by asking did anybody get lucky and get very hazy the other day?

Reaction Score
Had to bump this thread by asking did anybody get lucky and get very hazy the other day?

Yeah made a quick run from work to Treehouse and was in Hartford for the game by 6. Great beer.

The general rule is if they don't post a can update by 2pm its usually something 'rare' so it's worth making the trip.

FYI Nebco is releasing Barrel Aged Stout Trooper today at 11. 6 bottles per person.

Reaction Score
Anyone try Bright from Tree House? A friend of mine went there yesterday and picked up some. He's waiting for me to crack them open. He's hooked head over heals on Tree House. Goes there once a week and his refrigerator is full of their beers. I told him he should sell them on eBay!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone try Bright from Tree House? A friend of mine went there yesterday and picked up some. He's waiting for me to crack them open. He's hooked head over heals on Tree House. Goes there once a week and his refrigerator is full of their beers. I told him he should sell them on eBay!

Can you (or others) give me a quick rundown of the process there? How long, etc.?

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score

He's not drinking fast enough.

Reaction Score
Can you (or others) give me a quick rundown of the process there? How long, etc.?
I've never been. He keeps asking me to go during the week but I work in Boston so it's not really possible. All the specifics are on their web site. He says most of the time he's out of there in 30 minutes. I'd imagine it's a longer wait on Saturdays.

Reaction Score
It varies from day to day. If you just want to avoid waits and get 2 different cans Wednesday is the day to go. They are open from 12-6. Thursday-Saturday they also do growlers. Line length will vary but no matter what is available there will be people lining up at 3+ hours prior to opening. Thursday usually gets you 3 types of cans with lower limits. The official facebook is abandoned so always keep on eye on their twitter and follow facebook groups THBC On Tap and there is also a tree house group dedicated solely to line updates. If you want growlers just know that MA state law requires you to fill brewery specific growlers so you'll have to purchase them there. Other general recommendations is Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge for a good bottle shop nearby and BT Smokehouse which is BYOB BBQ so it's always busy on Tree House nights.

Reaction Score

Wednesdays are your best bet if you dont care about growlers. On Thursday/Friday as has been mentioned there are people lining up 3+ hours in advance. For instance I got out of work early yesterday and got to Treehouse at 3 pm (2 hours before opening) and was growler ticket #98 and there was probably 130ish people ahead of me. Treehouse tries to not have people parking on the road so they usually will open the doors fairly early (4ish) when there is a turnout like yesterday. I was able to get 6 cans bright, 3 green, 2 very hazy, and 2 alter ego. I also got 3 growlers (1 each of very hazy, alter ego, and double shot) and was out of there by 5. If I had gotten there at 5 i would have had no shot at the cans of green, very hazy or alter ego and probably would have been there till close to 730-8 waiting for growler fills. Also if getting growlers make sure you remember your ticket number becuase once you hand in your order sheet with ticket number you no longer have a receipt for you ticket

From talking to people they say saturdays arent even worth going anymore cause all the cans are gone. They only do so many canning runs a week and yesterday they canned 160 cases of bright. I would be surprised if there was 80 cases left after last night. They put limits on everything and its first come first serve. Sometimes the easiest is if you go on a thursday night around 7 and you jst want cans you can get in and out in about 30 minutes.

Wednesdays they never run out of beer I was told but its cans only.

Summer is going to be a complete clusterfluck up there. I might not even attempt going there in the summer and just go to trillium in canton or make a couple trips up to vermont for hills farmstead.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
NEBCO has Fuzzy Baby Ducks on tap today for growler fills. You should probably get there soon if you want to get any.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
NEBCO has Fuzzy Baby Ducks on tap today for growler fills. You should probably get there soon if you want to get any.
Out of the blue, my assistant's son just showed up on our porch two hours ago with a full growler of FBD for me.

I love that kid.

Reaction Score
Any of you homebrew? I started drinking my Belgian Tripel this week, been 2 months since bottling. It is very very good.

I am doing a blind test with some friends soon. The other Tripels I was able to find were Allagash Bourbon Curieux, Unibroue Fin Du Monde, Maredsous 10, and St. Bernardus.

Mine is, um, noticeably darker than all of the others. Hmmmmmm.

Reaction Score
Any of you homebrew? I started drinking my Belgian Tripel this week, been 2 months since bottling. It is very very good.

I am doing a blind test with some friends soon. The other Tripels I was able to find were Allagash Bourbon Curieux, Unibroue Fin Du Monde, Maredsous 10, and St. Bernardus.

Mine is, um, noticeably darker than all of the others. Hmmmmmm.

I've been homebrewing for almost two years now. I have two batches of double ipa now ready to drink and a little left of a belgian double I brewed last summer.

I can drink my homebrew all the time- only problem is that I can't keep up since I'm always giving it away!

My wife doesn't really like my beer so we always have some lil sumpin or undercover investigation in the fridge for her. Of course, I steal some of those.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well with FBD in the work fridge, it's already beer:30 here. It tastes tremendous, as usual.

Reaction Score
I've been homebrewing for almost two years now. I have two batches of double ipa now ready to drink and a little left of a belgian double I brewed last summer.

I can drink my homebrew all the time- only problem is that I can't keep up since I'm always giving it away!

My wife doesn't really like my beer so we always have some lil sumpin or undercover investigation in the fridge for her. Of course, I steal some of those.

I like doing this. So far though my biggest hassle is just dealing with beer bottles.

Reaction Score
I know- especially since you really need to rinse them well with all the sediment and hops.

I'm going to start kegging in the summer, but it has been really fun to be able to bring beer over to friends' or to parties.

Reaction Score
I know- especially since you really need to rinse them well with all the sediment and hops.

I'm going to start kegging in the summer, but it has been really fun to be able to bring beer over to friends' or to parties.

This is what growlers are for. I drop off growlers of new brew to friends' porches. I found an IPA on my porch last weekend.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Couldn't get Fuzzy Baby Ducks, but I did find some Sip of Sunshine.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Couldn't get Fuzzy Baby Ducks, but I did find some Sip of Sunshine.
I got an email from Beermenu.com at 3:30. MAdison Wine Exchange had SOS. I put other people's lives at stake driving there. And I scored a 4-pack.

Sippin' it now! True nectar of the Gods.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Need some Florida beer help. Just picked up a six-pack Jai Alai based on the recs here. Anything else I should be on the lookout for? Right now I'm drinking $3 Presidente's at a tiki bar.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Need some Florida beer help. Just picked up a six-pack Jai Alai based on the recs here. Anything else I should be on the lookout for? Right now I'm drinking $3 Presidente's at a tiki bar.
Look for last snow or maple bacon coffee porter by funky Buddha

Anyone see that treehouse is moving to charlton Ma next year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom