Beer | Page 56 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Glad you enjoyed it. What Hill Farmstead beers did you have? Last time I was there they had 7 of them on tap.

Tried the "What is Enlightenment" and "Grassroots legitimacy" which was incorrectly crossed out on the menu. Both top notch. I was hoping they'd have some MBC on tap, but the Hill Farmsteads were an easy choice.

My only suggestion to them was to include the style of beer each brew is on their menu.

My daughter's comment about their Mac n Cheese was that it actually had TOO much cheese. The breadcrumbs on top was an interesting twist. I had the $17 Adams Farm Burger. Worth the price.

Can't wait to go back.

Next time, our daughter wants to take us to this Vietnamese place her and her friends discovered. I see they have some Wormtown brews on tap. So that might be in the cards. :)

Reaction Score
Tried the "What is Enlightenment" and "Grassroots legitimacy" which was incorrectly crossed out on the menu. Both top notch. I was hoping they'd have some MBC on tap, but the Hill Farmsteads were an easy choice.
I had Lunch (the beer) there once.

A few months ago I was told that Armsby Abbey was the only place in MA that had Hill Farmstead beers. Don't know if that's true but supposedly the owners of both places are friendly so that's why they have the beers.

Reaction Score
Picked up a few growlers of Supernaut IPA from NEBCO. Honestly my favorite IPA in the world. I have a case of Heady in my fridge and I'd grab Supernaut first every time. They don't put it out for growler sales often, but the next time they do I highly recommend it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@alexd. Armsby is great; try their marrow. And next time check out their Dive Bar a couple blocks away. Beer garden with live music, and a little bit cheaper.

They also usually have Tree House beers on tap, which are also pretty amazing. Had their Curiosity 21 last night and it was excellent--we preferred it to Sip of Sunshine in a side-by-side.

On another note, Kent Falls continues to amaze as well. Their recent Zep on the Jukebox IPA is as good as any Northeast IPA I've had, including Heady and Sip. I can't wait for those guys to get an IPA in a can.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Kent Falls has come a long way VERY fast.
The only thing disappointing about Zep on the Jukebox is that none of the 20-something year old bartenders or bar mates near me knew any Zep tunes. Nothing. I was and still am in shock about that. Had to blast Zep at full volume on the drive home to try and make sense of it and I can't.

Reaction Score
Picked up a few growlers of Supernaut IPA from NEBCO. Honestly my favorite IPA in the world. I have a case of Heady in my fridge and I'd grab Supernaut first every time. They don't put it out for growler sales often, but the next time they do I highly recommend it.
If you like Supernaut then you need to get Method IPA from Steady Habit. Same general hop profile but blows Supernaut out of the water IMO.

Also flying out for the Great American Beer Fest in Denver this weekend. Anyone have any recommendations for the Denver area?

Reaction Score
Ask Deepster, any cold beer while watching a Mets game with a Spooker in hand! That's the best beer.

Reaction Score
If you like Supernaut then you need to get Method IPA from Steady Habit. Same general hop profile but blows Supernaut out of the water IMO.

Also flying out for the Great American Beer Fest in Denver this weekend. Anyone have any recommendations for the Denver area?

I haven't been to Denver in a few years but i suggest checking out Great Divide Brewing Co. Also Wynkoop Brewing company for both food and beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/place/city/7/ There is a list of some of the breweries in denver where you can check out some reviews.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've heard good things about Steady Habit and don't doubt that another CT brewery could compete with NEBCO, especially given the IPAs that Kent Falls has been putting out; but I find it hard to fathom blowing Supernaut out of the water--especially if you like the hop profile and it is similar in both. I mean, I'm all for having more choices besides NEBCO, but I'm hard pressed to be throwing them under the bus. They are still making some of the best beers in the country imo.

Reaction Score
I've heard good things about Steady Habit and don't doubt that another CT brewery could compete with NEBCO, especially given the IPAs that Kent Falls has been putting out; but I find it hard to fathom blowing Supernaut out of the water--especially if you like the hop profile and it is similar in both. I mean, I'm all for having more choices besides NEBCO, but I'm hard pressed to be throwing them under the bus. They are still making some of the best beers in the country imo.
I'll preface this by saying that I live 10 minutes from NEBCO and stop in atleast once a week, but to me, their IPA's are second to none and I've had a hard time finding anything that I like better. A few that I've had recently that I will say are outstanding are Second Fiddle from Fiddlehead Brewing up in VT and Substance from Bissell Brothers in Maine.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'll preface this by saying that I live 10 minutes from NEBCO and stop in atleast once a week, but to me, their IPA's are second to none and I've had a hard time finding anything that I like better. A few that I've had recently that I will say are outstanding are Second Fiddle from Fiddlehead Brewing up in VT and Substance from Bissell Brothers in Maine.
I agree, and also agree that Second Fiddle and Substance are both outstanding--as is Bissell Brothers Baby Genius Session IPA, which is one of the best session beers I've ever had. Right there with Night Shift's Whirlpool and NEBCO's Galaxy.

Reaction Score
Yeah maybe blow out of the water is too strong a term but I personally do like it a lot more than Supernaut. I'm not hating on Nebco by any means though.

I also tried Baby Genius recently and was a fan. Swish is still my favorite beer from Bissell and Epiphany from Foundation next door is pretty amazing too

Reaction Score
Finally have found a local packy that I can consistently get SOS. They dont put the beer out in display and if the guy doesn't recognize you from going in there he wont even sell you a 4 pack. Ever since I bought a 4 pack after seeing someone in front of me get one, I have made this packy my go to packy and the owner now recognizes me and lets me know if he has SOS or not once I walk in the door.

They get 2 deliveries a month.

Reaction Score
Does Julius ever get distributed in CT? I've had it a few times from friends who bring it back from mass or VT but have never seen it in CT

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Does Julius ever get distributed in CT? I've had it a few times from friends who bring it back from mass or VT but have never seen it in CT
No. Only at the brewery.

Reaction Score
11206038_904050046338609_872632565626863477_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Designated Driver for my wife and her friends a couple weekends ago to Lefty's in Greenfield as well as BBC and People's Pint for some chow. Great little WesMass run on a Saturday for some free samples and decent beers (according to the ladies). The better half bought a box of different brews at Lefty's and a couple are very good. They even had on tap a Bacon brew in which they added 20 lbs of bacon tho their mix. Alpha beer I'm guessing but didn't try it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Checked out a new beer place in Derby yesterday, The Hops Company, on the site that was formerly Grassy Hill Lodge. Very cool spot, kind of like a modern beer hall. 35+ taps, fireplace, huge Jenga game, corn hole, foosball, lots of flat screens. Two food windows, one serving Zuppardi's pizza and the other serving Ricky D.'s BBQ.

Most importantly, quality taps, including the newest IPA from Kent Falls, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, or "Shruggie," which is awesome.

Reaction Score
Kent Falls has come real far very quickly.

Hearing about new breweries coming to Rocky Hill and New Hartford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom