Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sip of sunshine is easier to get in CT than VT right now because off two roads. Works to our benefit!
They must be upping the production, too, because it has become a lot more available recently. A few weeks ago my local guy offered me two 4-packs at once for the first time ever, and that was a total of three that I purchased from him that week.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Had five Treehouse beers over the weekend. They are right there with Hill Farmstead in my opinion. Not too far from northern CT, located in Monson, MA, near Sturbridge. Expect lines.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sip of sunshine is easier to get in CT than VT right now because off two roads. Works to our benefit!
Really? I never see it, the only time I bought a can it was practically a secret.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
HuskyHawk said:
Had five Treehouse beers over the weekend. They are right there with Hill Farmstead in my opinion. Not too far from northern CT, located in Monson, MA, near Sturbridge. Expect lines.

I've got the fortuitous hookup for treehouse ( two of my band mates live in monson) and they bring me the stuff pretty much every weekend. It is fantastic.

Reaction Score
Really? I never see it, the only time I bought a can it was practically a secret.
You'll never see SOS on the shelves, except at Crazy Bruce. I picked up a 4-pack yesterday in West Hartford. It helps to be a regular at the store, and many will tell a newcomer that they don't have it. Whenever I go to buy some Tito's a just ask my guy what he's got, and more often than not he's got some SOS or Captain's Daughter, etc.

Reaction Score
I've got the fortuitous hookup for treehouse ( two of my band mates live in monson) and they bring me the stuff pretty much every weekend. It is fantastic.
Julius >> SOS, and SOS is pretty damn good. Have you had Alter Ego and how does that compare?

August_West

Reaction Score
Julius >> SOS, and SOS is pretty damn good. Have you had Alter Ego and how does that compare?
I havent had Alter Ego yet. I put that on my wish list. And yeah Julius is as good as anything out there. Agreed.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Does Treehouse distribute any of their beer?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Alter Ego is less hoppy than Julius or Green. It's more crushable as a result, and goes down very easily. It's superb, just not a massive hop explosion like the others. The Bear brown ale was superb as well.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Nope must get it at the brewery.

That's what I thought. This beer better be damn good if I'm gonna drive an hour and wait in line just to try some. Unless it's significantly better than SoS and the like, it's not worth my time. Especially when I can drive 10 minutes away tonight and get some Fuzzy Baby Ducks :)

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
That's what I thought. This beer better be damn good if I'm gonna drive an hour and wait in line just to try some. Unless it's significantly better than SoS and the like, it's not worth my time. Especially when I can drive 10 minutes away tonight and get some Fuzzy Baby Ducks :)
On Wednesdays treehouse opens for can sales only normally I'm in and out in about 5 minutes, today they have green and Julius 8 cans per person. I'm headed there in a little while, I love having Wednesday's off!

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score

Julius, Haze, Green and Ma are all better than Sips imo. Sips are always good but flavor is somewhat inconsistent batch to batch, again imo. Seeing more of it in the back coolers lately, but the local packy is charging $18 for a 4-pack.

Reaction Score

I'm an IPA lover....and personally, Treehouse Julius is the best beer I've ever tasted.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm an IPA lover....and personally, Treehouse Julius is the best beer I've ever tasted.
Its certainly worth trying it is that good. But to Rico's point 10 minutes for some FBD should definitely make you in no rush to get to Treehouse for a 4 plus hour roundtrip.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You'll never see SOS on the shelves, except at Crazy Bruce. I picked up a 4-pack yesterday in West Hartford. It helps to be a regular at the store, and many will tell a newcomer that they don't have it. Whenever I go to buy some Tito's a just ask my guy what he's got, and more often than not he's got some SOS or Captain's Daughter, etc.
Who is your go-to store in WH? I'm not disciplined enough to stick with one, since many have a nice selection I just go to wherever's closest. Although the Harvest guys I like the best.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Its certainly worth trying it is that good. But to Rico's point 10 minutes for some FBD should definitely make you in no rush to get to Treehouse for a 4 plus hour roundtrip.
That's the thing. We need a reality check here. We are so ridiculously spoiled with top notch beers in CT now that none of us should have to travel an hour-plus or wait in line for a great beer. I love Treehouse and agree that they are in a rarefied class with Hill Farmstead, Maine Brewing and Bissell Brothers (as I've said before, I think it has something to do with the softness of the water), but there is a lot of this that is also "grass is greener" driven, i.e., being harder to get makes it that much more desirable.

Reaction Score
Who is your go-to store in WH? I'm not disciplined enough to stick with one, since many have a nice selection I just go to wherever's closest. Although the Harvest guys I like the best.
I'm friends with the manager at Max Bev Bishop's corner (once designed a package store for him) and also the beer kid at Parkview Wine on Park Road. Also, Max Bev annonces when they have SOS on Snapchat.

Reaction Score
That's the thing. We need a reality check here. We are so ridiculously spoiled with top notch beers in CT now that none of us should have to travel an hour-plus or wait in line for a great beer. I love Treehouse and agree that they are in a rarefied class with Hill Farmstead, Maine Brewing and Bissell Brothers (as I've said before, I think it has something to do with the softness of the water), but there is a lot of this that is also "grass is greener" driven, i.e., being harder to get makes it that much more desirable.

On Thanksgiving we had a lot of different IPAs and we compared SOS to Maine Lunch. Everyone preferred the SOS. Granted, we were frying up turkey southern style and peeling fried skin off in between sips, but those were the best two. Someone brought along Narragansett Allie's Donuts Beer too. I was dubious at first, but for what it was, not bad at all.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I had Lunch at Plan B for one of their rare beer events, and I thought it was just OK, although I noticed that the keg kicked just a few minutes after I got my beer. I know the end of the keg is sometimes not the best quality, so I'll keep lookout for it again.

Reaction Score

Tree House is the real deal, Green/Julius are Fantastic! Visiting the brewery is a 6 hour (4 hour round trip plus 2 hour line) process for me, so unfortunately I don't go as often as I'd like to.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wood N Tap in Vernon is tapping Fuzzy Baby Ducks, SOS, Captain's Daughter, Maine Lunch and Stone #SorryNotSorry tonight at 5:30.
Now that is worth a trip! Very nice!

Reaction Score
Now that is worth a trip! Very nice!
Certainly....usually these logs last about 20 minutes when their availability is so limited but with 5 premium IPA's there should be plenty of good beer to go around

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom