Beer | Page 246 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is really a classic Marzen.
EC1C5CD9-21E3-4F1B-B03D-0A2279DADA02.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Back in the states. I imported a couple of these.

Regular quadrupel recipe then aged in oak barrels. Each batch is unique based in barrels. Only available for purchase at the abbey.

Tried one last night at a friend's house. No pics from the pour but it tastes great. 11% alcohol but doesn't taste like it. Very much had a Christmas or Holiday Ale flavor profile.

20221009_145333.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So good!!! From Armada Brewing in New Haven's Fair Haven section at River and Lloyd.

1666015082669.jpeg

Reaction Score
This is as good an example of the style as you will find. That color is gorgeous. Treehouse.
View attachment 79820
Old Man is fantastic. Such an underrated and underappreciated style that gets lost in the onslaught of IPAs, DIPAs and TIPAs. I went to Tox Brewing on Saturday and bought a 4-pak of their ESB, Still Bitter. It didn't make it to Sunday. So good.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Old Man is fantastic. Such an underrated and underappreciated style that gets lost in the onslaught of IPAs, DIPAs and TIPAs. I went to Tox Brewing on Saturday and bought a 4-pak of their ESB, Still Bitter. It didn't make it to Sunday. So good.
It has an unfortunate name, as it isn't bitter in the way a west coast IPA is bitter.

Reaction Score
Old Man is a great representation of the style. @HuskyHawk i know you’re a Treehouse white knight. But if I side-by-sided Marlowe’s Ploosh with Old Man, I guarantee you would choose Ploosh every time.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Marlowe, I attended the soft opening of their new brewery/taproom in Nyack on Friday. Very worth the trip, and there are some fantastic restaurants on the same block.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Old Man is a great representation of the style. @HuskyHawk i know you’re a Treehouse white knight. But if I side-by-sided Marlowe’s Ploosh with Old Man, I guarantee you would choose Ploosh every time.
Maybe. I’ll have to try that.

What I really want is for Three Floyd’s to sell my favorite of their beers in MA, Robert the Bruce.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Speaking of Marlowe, I attended the soft opening of their new brewery/taproom in Nyack on Friday. Very worth the trip, and there are some fantastic restaurants on the same block.

Putting this on my itinerary for December visit to Danbury. Maybe even coming AND going, lol. The Eager to Share I bought in July was my favorite beer of the year. Would love to try others.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Looks good, what does it taste like?
An ESB is a Caramel malt forward beer, so like an amber ale really. Balanced between hop bitterness and malt sweetness. Lower carbonation usually.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'll try it out next time I am there. Weather looks perfect in that picture
It’s cool for here, about 68 for a high. Pretty similar to last weekend in MA, but the sun feels warmer.

Reaction Score
Love this time of year with all of the traditional lager styles getting released. This fantastic Festbier from Counterweight is available throughout CT and is $10.99/4pk. Highly recommend.

View attachment 79945
I've been sampling all the local Octoberfests and Festbiers. This one and Alvarium Hedwig have been my favorites. NEBCO Schnitzengiggles is pretty good too.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
So good!!! From Armada Brewing in New Haven's Fair Haven section at River and Lloyd.

View attachment 79837

Not that i normally care, but that artwork on the can is 1) tremendous, and 2) for sale, for reasonable pricing. If I were a 20-something, i would plaster my house with this stuff!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom