So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was gifted this over the weekend. Drank it straight out of the can.

Tasty offering from Mount Holly Brewing Co.

Stock photo off the internet to get a feel for color.

1666648722736.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Speaking of Marlowe, I attended the soft opening of their new brewery/taproom in Nyack on Friday. Very worth the trip, and there are some fantastic restaurants on the same block.

:humble brag:

Are you the hops hunter?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I feel bad for your palate!
I'll eat just about anything. But there's like 5 things that are non-starters and have been for years. Coconut is one of them (although I can deal with coconut milk in a curry, and there was a time I did have a few pina coladas).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll eat just about anything. But there's like 5 things that are non-starters and have been for years. Coconut is one of them (although I can deal with coconut milk in a curry, and there was a time I did have a few pina coladas).
Honestly, I agree with @karstenkibbe that PB and Coconut are my favorite stout adjuncts. The coconut comes across like a toasted vanilla really. You can’t tell it’s coconut exactly.

I‘m a picky eater but none of what I hate is anything people put in beers. Well, nuts but that’s an allergy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Never had any beer with pb flavoring and really don't feel like spending the $ to find out I don't like it.

But I'll suggest that this is not the way Prince B wished to be remembered :(

Had one a few years ago in Vermont.

I think it was OCB. Forget what brewery that is.

It was an alert whereas most PB's are stouts or Porters (making them fun choices for beer bread).

Beer tasted exactly what it would taste like if you took a spoonful of PB and chased it with a slug of beer. Definitely not something you could down a 6-pack of but it was a good representation of what it said it was.

Similar to me to Skewball whiskey. Definitely a novelty but I'll he damned if it doesn't taste like eating PB and shooting back a shot whiskey.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Had one a few years ago in Vermont.

I think it was OCB. Forget what brewery that is.

It was an alert whereas most PB's are stouts or Porters (making them fun choices for beer bread).

Beer tasted exactly what it would taste like if you took a spoonful of PB and chased it with a slug of beer. Definitely not something you could down a 6-pack of but it was a good representation of what it said it was.

Similar to me to Skewball whiskey. Definitely a novelty but I'll he damned if it doesn't taste like eating PB and shooting back a shot whiskey.
The key to me is that the stout can't be too sweet. It needs to be kind of a dark chocolate with a hint of peanut butter for best effect.

Reaction Score
Really fantastic stout from Marlowe I enjoyed yesterday. No PB, but vanilla bean/macadamia/toasted coconut. Incredibly balanced, none of the adjuncts are lost and some serious Almond Joy notes. Not even a hint of the 12% ABV.

3C912D5E-9005-4850-A54A-A1C5B3B7A942.jpeg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So. Wanted to get out if the house. Went to Lops brewing in Woonsocket RI. Chatting with locals at the bar. The Newport NEIPA was ok. The Pumpkin Ale was quite good.

DB3AFD12-3E97-4C45-AF09-31C862B39F6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So. Wanted to get out if the house. Went to Lops brewing in Woonsocket RI. Chatting with locals at the bar. The Newport NEIPA was ok. The Pumpkin Ale was quite good.

View attachment 80327

Has to be my palate but I’ve always found pumpkin beers to give off a synthetic/unnatural flavor. I have to admit that the last pumpkin beer I drank was Southern Tier Pumpking about 4-5 years ago. I might have to revisit the style.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Has to be my palate but I’ve always found pumpkin beers to give off a synthetic/unnatural flavor. I have to admit that the last pumpkin beer I drank was Southern Tier Pumpking about 4-5 years ago. I might have to revisit the style.

Two Roads Roadsmary's Baby is a winner, and ubiquitous.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Age a PumKing long enough and it almost becomes a barley wine. The Two Roads one @pepband99 mentioned is rum cask aged. I like both but the best ones aren’t quite so boozy or sweet/malty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom