Beer | Page 222 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is just spectacular. Treehouse Juice Project series from last night watching that miserable Patriots game.

image0.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I keep wondering when we will hit Peak Beer. Latest sign: I just picked up Ice Cream Man at a supermarket.

ADD: And it wasn't just on sale, it was On Sale.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great time of the year to talk Jack's Abbey. House Lager is good, but right now you can get their Red Tape amber lager. Great price ($10 for 6 tallboys), and my favorite seasonal release for this time of year. They stop selling it after the holidays
Great tip, almost hit the brewery last week - but didn't really see much on their list that jumped out at me. Most are ranked 3.5/5 (untapped) although that's a very good score for lagers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great tip, almost hit the brewery last week - but didn't really see much on their list that jumped out at me. Most are ranked 3.5/5 (untapped) although that's a very good score for lagers.

He's right that Red Tape is very good. I liked the old name better though. They are never going to get big ratings making beers that are takes on classic German styles. I think they make those kinds of beers as well as anybody though. They do also have Springdale, which is a bit more unusual, making ales and mostly barrel aging them (even IPAs).

The brewery is a good visit (at least in normal times), and has good food. If you are an IPA guy, Exhibit A is just down the street at the old Jack's Abby brewery.

Reaction Score
He's right that Red Tape is very good. I liked the old name better though. They are never going to get big ratings making beers that are takes on classic German styles. I think they make those kinds of beers as well as anybody though. They do also have Springdale, which is a bit more unusual, making ales and mostly barrel aging them (even IPAs).

The brewery is a good visit (at least in normal times), and has good food. If you are an IPA guy, Exhibit A is just down the street at the old Jack's Abby brewery.
Thanks, yes love the IPAs but particularly for winter want to work in some porters & other things that are easier on the stomach. I assume everyone is just pickup at this point. Definitely will check out Exhibit A

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Finally got some cone flakes over the weekend. Not blown away. Also not as into Imperial IPAs as I once was.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Took a ride to Treehouse today. Julius, Green, Alter Ego, and Super Treat. Tried Alter Ego and Super Treat while I watched the women tonight. Should be good through New Years. Treehouse just blows everything away, except for maybe Lawson’s.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Took a ride to Treehouse today. Julius, Green, Alter Ego, and Super Treat. Tried Alter Ego and Super Treat while I watched the women tonight. Should be good through New Years. Treehouse just blows everything away, except for maybe Lawson’s.
Waiting time, please

Reaction Score
You should try Phantom Brewery in Hartford. He is putting out some great beers.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Super Treat might be my favorite beer by them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
B+? It was never at Fuzzy Baby Ducks or Super Sparkle type level IMO.
Agreed it never was FBD level. For me it was one of the first locals IPA's I really liked better than what was being sold in the packys.

Reaction Score
I've been finding 12 packs of the new Firefly Hollow Double NEIPA LIT at Crazy Bruce's. I usually stay away from DIPA's...but this is really nice. Just a little sweetness.

Reaction Score
Nod Hills great, one of the guys I used to work with left our company for a full time gig there. Best thing he ever did he said. Love supermantis!
They are great. Their free live music is truly one of the things I miss during covid times.

And as a beer lover who has trouble digesting wheat/gluten, I appreciate how oats are a prevalent grain in a lot of their beers. It helps build their soft texture while also being easier on the stomach.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It was a B around five or six years ago. Even if it stayed the same, others got better.
I remember hearing about it being legendarily awesome a couple years back, like Heady Topper level. It was just kinda meh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom