So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
First time in awhile I had a beer that made me sit up because I liked so much was Give What You Have, a double-dry hopped IPA from Bissel Brothers using New Zealand hops. I gave it a shot because we drank good beer when we visited NZ. My regret is that I didn't buy more than a 4-pack.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What do folks like in a lighter beer (not a DIPA or Stout)? What are good lagers or pilsners? I'm not hop crazy. Or a lighter, easy to drink IPA?

Jack's Abby House Lager is excellent, and pretty cheap. Can't go wrong with most of their beers in that category.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Jack's Abby House Lager is excellent, and pretty cheap. Can't go wrong with most of their beers in that category.
They have/had a mixed box of Hoponius Unions and three Brau brews. One with citra, one with nelson and one with galaxy. Damned tasty.

Reaction Score
What do folks like in a lighter beer (not a DIPA or Stout)? What are good lagers or pilsners? I'm not hop crazy. Or a lighter, easy to drink IPA?

Sweetwater 420. Used to always get it at Hartsfield when I traveled a lot. Saw it at a local packie recently...having one now. Tasty. Lighter IPA with pretty full flavor.

Reaction Score
i’m gonna rep some jersey beers, hey if from ct

river horse from trenton
cape may obviously
and who knew there was a sold brewery right next to camden
41EE3551-4520-472E-8686-0A8C8EC02BA7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i’m gonna rep some jersey beers, hey if from ct

river horse from trenton
cape may obviously
and who knew there was a sold brewery right next to camden
View attachment 62235
It would be quite the trip, but if you want to stick to NJ breweries, head to Magnify Brewing in Fairfield. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
Let me throw this out, anyone still drinking sours?

Interesting...not that long ago, they were like a secret, not in stores, you had to track 'em down. You had to know when the brewer guy was releasing it, and go wait in line. Then, more brew places started having them, they're in most packies now and I haven't had one for maybe two years....

And the IPAs I'm drinking now, are much lighter than the IPAs I was into a couple years ago. Heavy Seas Hazy Cannon up next...

Reaction Score
Bruery Terreaux sours for me. But it’s 70 degrees so still the temps for it.

how about Guinness equivalents? Low abv stouts...

Reaction Score

Everyone has pretty much jumped the shark at this point with over-the-top smoothie style diabetes-producing fruited sours. They’re not even beer. But they are delicious. Skygazer and Transcend have perfected the style here in CT. But I’d rather drink a 3-year blend of mixed fermentation beer from a place like Kent Falls.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Everyone has pretty much jumped the shark at this point with over-the-top smoothie style diabetes-producing fruited sours. They’re not even beer. But they are delicious. Skygazer and Transcend have perfected the style here in CT. But I’d rather drink a 3-year blend of mixed fermentation beer from a place like Kent Falls.
Interesting that Southington's Skygazer Brewery had a falling out. The brewer opened Transcend. The owners went to 12% in North Haven to brew as Skygazer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Try not to but got caught in a situation where I had to pound two of them in about 5 minutes Saturday night. That was a tough task. I'm mean, obviously I did it, but I was not proud and my stomach was a mess.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not sure if this can be had down south in CT but this one from Foam in Vermont is top notch. I'd call it an all day drinkable, but at 9.2% it'll be a quick day.

1607656394865.png

Reaction Score
Try not to but got caught in a situation where I had to pound two of them in about 5 minutes Saturday night. That was a tough task. I'm mean, obviously I did it, but I was not proud and my stomach was a mess.

You're a trooper...downing two of those in 5 would be like if you poured a bag of zotz in your mouth and then just started chewing...but I get it, it's beer, you get it down.

Reaction Score

Nothing wrong with a dessert wine.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

100% Correct. Especially the Kent Falls stuff - they are knocking it out the park with those wild/mixed ones they're doing.

Reaction Score
Great time of the year to talk Jack's Abbey. House Lager is good, but right now you can get their Red Tape amber lager. Great price ($10 for 6 tallboys), and my favorite seasonal release for this time of year. They stop selling it after the holidays

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom