Beer | Page 219 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks like you're not that far off Rt. 20. That's about a 45 minute wait you got there. When they open the new breweries in Sandwich and Deerfield I wonder if that will seriously decrease the waiting times. Hope so.
It’s been an hour. Still a ways to go.

Reaction Score
It’s been an hour. Still a ways to go.
So what's the verdict so far on what you picked up? I'm thinking of a pre-ThanksG trip, probably not on a Friday based on your wait time. The only time I've waited more than a few cars at Trillium in Canton was a Saturday in August.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So what's the verdict so far on what you picked up? I'm thinking of a pre-ThanksG trip, probably not on a Friday based on your wait time. The only time I've waited more than a few cars at Trillium in Canton was a Saturday in August.

Only had one and it was stellar. Juice Project Citra+ Strata. But I’ve had some others I bought prior. King Julius is a 5/5 beer for me. I rarely wait at Trillium. I went on Wednesday pre Thanksgiving before, that will be mobbed at both places. Go Mon- Tues

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk I waited in that same type of line a few Fridays ago. Drinking my last can of Green right now. Julius was my favorite however, and may be the best beer I've ever had. Heading up again this Friday for a reload. I'm in Wethersfield and I love that it's not as far as Lawson's or The Alchemist - doable anyday.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk I waited in that same type of line a few Fridays ago. Drinking my last can of Green right now. Julius was my favorite however, and may be the best beer I've ever had. Heading up again this Friday for a reload. I'm in Wethersfield and I love that it's not as far as Lawson's or The Alchemist - doable anyday.

They make some amazing IPAs and the otter stuff is great too. My case will last us awhile.

Reaction Score
If you like Julius you'd absolutely love King Jjjuliusss. Best IPA I've ever had. They only brew it once or twice a year so you need to look for it.
1605664510174.png

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
If you like Julius you'd absolutely love King Jjjuliusss. Best IPA I've ever had. They only brew it once or twice a year so you need to look for it.
View attachment 61406

Agreed. I lucked into one on a flyer late Sunday stop, and it's just outstanding.

Ghost emoji, from their newer batches, is flat out awesome.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Agreed. I lucked into one on a flyer late Sunday stop, and it's just outstanding.

Ghost emoji, from their newer batches, is flat out awesome.

King Julius is also amazing. So is Force of Will, and well lots of their stuff.

By the way, your avatar reminds me of a beer logo. Not sure which one.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Speaking of White Lion, I had this the other day from Vitamin Sea (one of my new favorite places) and it was really good. Collaboration.
View attachment 61503

I've been meaning to try that place! My wife is from the South Shore. It just seems like a haul since I can't have the full experience.

Reaction Score
I've been meaning to try that place! My wife is from the South Shore. It just seems like a haul since I can't have the full experience.
Their stuff is consistently very good. Check it out. Who is Vitamin C??? a couple months ago was also really good.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Too many lawsons Sip of Sunshine’s today. It was a mistake at 8%... but... have 0% regerts

edit: no idea it was 8%before I pounded 4 of them

re-edit: angry wife

I have a similar story, except I have many regrets. It involves too many Sips of Sunshine, needing to Uber home from the bar, and my wife's water breaking about 2 hours after I got home from the bar and having to call a friend to drive us to the hospital. Luckily, my wife is incredible and not only didn't immediately divorce me on the spot, but forgave me fairly quickly.

Reaction Score
I have a similar story, except I have many regrets. It involves too many Sips of Sunshine, needing to Uber home from the bar, and my wife's water breaking about 2 hours after I got home from the bar and having to call a friend to drive us to the hospital. Luckily, my wife is incredible and not only didn't immediately divorce me on the spot, but forgave me fairly quickly.

The fact that you're still alive to share this story amazes me...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Too many lawsons Sip of Sunshine’s today. It was a mistake at 8%... but... have 0% regerts

For the record, 8% is pretty average for a double IPA. Even most IPAs now run 6-7%. So exercise caution with the style generally. I split all my 16oz cans with my wife. Stuff is calorie dense as well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For the record, 8% is pretty average for a double IPA. Even most IPAs now run 6-7%. So exercise caution with the style generally. I split all my 16oz cans with my wife. Stuff is calorie dense as well.
Lol. I've probably mentioned it here before, but I still vividly remember my second visit with my nutritionist some four years ago now. After the first visit she had me start doing a food diary on myfitnesspal. When she reviewed my diary entries the next visit the first thing she said was "Oh my God, what kind of beer is more than 300 per serving?!?"

It was SoS, clocking in at 320 calories for 16 ounces. I was trying to keep my daily calorie intake around 1800, so two of those were essentially a full meal's worth of calories.

Scotch at around 70 calories per ounce is much easier to manage.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Lol. I've probably mentioned it here before, but I still vividly remember my second visit with my nutritionist some four years ago now. After the first visit she had me start doing a food diary on myfitnesspal. When she reviewed my diary entries the next visit the first thing she said was "Oh my God, what kind of beer is more than 300 per serving?" It was SoS, clocking in at 320 calories for 16 ounces. I was trying to keep my daily calorie intake around 1800, so two of those was essentially a full meal's worth of calories.

Scotch at around 70 calories per ounce is a much easier to manage.

I think we discussed this once before, but I was never a spirits drinker. Had friends who dabbled in bourbon. When Untappd became the rage, and keeping up with each new beer wasn't impossible (2014 is when I joined Untappd) I managed to drink a new beer daily and gained like 15-20 pounds. That had to stop. I moved into whiskey in 2016, started reviewing them and now it's my main option. I try to limit beers to weekends or maybe half of one on a weeknight if I am working the grill. Smoking a Turkey on Thanksgiving will qualify for that.

My recollection is you're the same age I am, and even getting up and hitting my rowing machine this morning can't make up for drinking beer the way it once did. I need to stick with myfitnesspal. It reveals a multitude of sins.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My recollection is you're the same age I am, and even getting up and hitting my rowing machine this morning can't make up for drinking beer the way it once did. I need to stick with myfitnesspal. It reveals a multitude of sins.
Yep. I often quote @Fishy's statement several years ago, "What gets measured gets managed." It really doesn't get more complicated than that imo.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

4?! Geez. I saw buddy of mine drink 4 of those once and he puked. What is this? The SoS challenge?

Reaction Score

Yea that’s 8 beers directly to the face. Have def been there before hahaha

Since we all drink beers in sizes that don’t equate to a normal serving size, I found the link below helpful, especially if I’m driving:

Reaction Score
4?! Geez. I saw buddy of mine drink 4 of those once and he puked. What is this? The SoS challenge?

Must be the Irish in me... Like I said, wife was mad. I didn’t understand why until after I looked at the can and saw 8% and was like, “ah... that makes a lotta sense”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom