Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Have you been to Hog River Brewery?
Yes, I like it there. Prefer the beer at hanging hills. Will start going to alvarium and hog river more when the world is back to “normal”

Reaction Score
Yea just did on line order and curbside pickup at Black Hog Brewery in Oxford. Eeeezy peeezy. Got some Rainbow Gravy (delish IPA) along with a stout called Leaves a Mark(not tried it yet)

owner threw in a 4 pack for free. Extra bonus. DO YOUR PART. KEEP OUR SMALL BUSINESSES GOING -DRINK BEER
Sounds awesome, cheers!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Aspetuck Brew Lab is my 2nd fave brewery in CT. In the Black Rock section of Bridgeport. Their Turbidity Lucidity IPA is solidly entrenched in my Top 5 CT IPAs.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
What other boards?
There was a lot of talk on a FaceBook group I'm a part of for CT beer (can't remember actual name). Supposedly the brewery was in financial trouble before this and the virus shutdown was a an easy scapegoat to blame this on. There was even talk on how one of the higher ups had lashed out on social media when something related to finances was brought up before the shut down. Many brewery owners are in this group.

If a brewery doesn't already have sort of back up to at least make it a little longer than a couple of weeks in, it points to more problems than closing a tap room. Many breweries are surviving on can/growler sales for now. In a month or two, I'd me more apt to say that COVID closed them. Unfortunately, I don't think many breweries will make it considering the market was already getting so saturated.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As far as HH goes, I heard they made a decision to concentrate on non-IPA beer. Maybe that was a mistake.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As far as HH goes, I heard they made a decision to concentrate on non-IPA beer. Maybe that was a mistake.

IPA, and around here, New England Style IPA drives the bus. If that’s not what you are making you’re not going to be as successful as you could as a small, on premise brewery. Make other stuff sure, but make IPAs.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If anyone is near Tribus in Fairfield I really like what they are doing. Help keep them open.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If anyone is near Tribus in Fairfield I really like what they are doing. Help keep them open.

They're in Milford, but I agree with the rest of your post. The brewery is a cool place and they make terrific beer.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
IPA, and around here, New England Style IPA drives the bus. If that’s not what you are making you’re not going to be as successful as you could as a small, on premise brewery. Make other stuff sure, but make IPAs.
Yes, I think all small brewers need a solid NEIPA. Look what it did for Hooker. Increase Profits Astronomically.

Reaction Score
CT beer fans,

Heading to Lisbon (near Norwich) from Brooklyn to bunker down with the rents.

Haven’t been plugged into the CT beer community but I’m making a list of spots to try within a two hour round trip. So far I’ve got:

1. Fox Farm
2. Beer’d
3. Tilted Barn (Rhode Island, I know)

I like / willing to try just about everything. Any recs are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
CT beer fans,

Haven’t been plugged into the CT beer community but I’m making a list of spots try within a two hour round trip. So far I’ve got:

1. Fox Farm
2. Beer’d

I like / willing to try just about everything. Any others recs are appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Fat orange Cat is nearby in East Hampton and for my money makes some of the best beer in the state.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
6E563ABE-B6EB-4BF5-8F9B-B7400B8F2C81.jpeg

Reaction Score
Anyone try this yet?

No, but I did a curbside pick-up order from them recently and tried for their "SHOP Pale Ale". Clean, citrusy with some vegetal notes too. I quite liked it and recommend picking up a six-pack from their curbside pickup.

Reaction Score
CT beer fans,

Haven’t been plugged into the CT beer community but I’m making a list of spots to try within a two hour round trip. So far I’ve got:

1. Fox Farm
2. Beer’d

I like / willing to try just about everything. Any recs are appreciated.

Thanks in advance
To add to your list, in no particular order, some of my favorite CT spots are Counterweight, Alvarium, New Park, Fat Orange Cat, NEBCO, Relic, OEC and Tribus! Cheers!

Reaction Score
Making some good progress here - picked up a sixer from NEBCO - very tasty sea hag IPA. Fox Farm for a nice assorted mix. Beerd for a solid Wit which was super refreshing. Fat Orange Cat is up next.

To add to your list, in no particular order, some of my favorite CT spots are Counterweight, Alvarium, New Park, Fat Orange Cat, NEBCO, Relic, OEC and Tribus! Cheers!

Reaction Score
Making some good progress here - picked up a sixer from NEBCO - very tasty sea hag IPA. Fox Farm for a nice assorted mix. Beerd for a solid Wit which was super refreshing. Fat Orange Cat is up next.

Sea Hag is more or less my go-to IPA as far as readily available ones with a reasonable ABV. Just got Corporation T Shirt from Fat Orange Cat yesterday. That’ll be the first beer I’ve had from them. I also picked up some Alvarium Phresh, which is one of my favorites new IPAs of the last few months.

Reaction Score
Sea Hag is more or less my go-to IPA as far as readily available ones with a reasonable ABV. Just got Corporation T Shirt from Fat Orange Cat yesterday. That’ll be the first beer I’ve had from them. I also picked up some Alvarium Phresh, which is one of my favorites new IPAs of the last few months.

Sea Hag...I tried this a few years ago...did not like. Is it still the same, or have they changed it up some?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom