So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sea Hag...I tried this a few years ago...did not like. Is it still the same, or have they changed it up some?
I'm not a Sea Hag fan myself. But my local packy was selling Coriolis this week. I liked when I had it a few years ago but that was on tap. I didn't know it was being canned.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
1. Fox Farm
2. Lock City
3. Fat Orange cat
4. Counterweight
5. Tribus
6. Beer'd
I like this list. I've only tried 3, 4 and 6 and think they're great. Bodes well for 1, 2 and 5.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No lie, my brother just called from a car line at Back East. He said they are selling Double Scoop and did I want some. Never heard of it, but it has to be a double version of Ice Cream Man. I'm all in.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Sea Hag fan myself. But my local packy was selling Coriolis this week. I liked when I had it a few years ago but that was on tap. I didn't know it was being canned.

Just got some Coriolis at the package store yesterday as well. I’ve gotten cans of it straight from NEBCo, but I’ve rarely seen it in stores.

Reaction Score
Sea Hag...I tried this a few years ago...did not like. Is it still the same, or have they changed it up some?

I don’t think it’s changed. I know Sea Hag, and some other NEBCo offerings, are a bit polarizing for some. Some of my friends love it, but some don’t care for it at all.

Reaction Score
Making some good progress here - picked up a sixer from NEBCO - very tasty sea hag IPA. Fox Farm for a nice assorted mix. Beerd for a solid Wit which was super refreshing. Fat Orange Cat is up next.
Love it!

Reaction Score
Kinsmen is cranking out good stuff in Southington.

I like Yup/Nope quite a bit. I'm a fan of that place for gatherings, or to just hang out with friends. The beer and pizza are solid, and sometimes they'll have good acoustic entertainment. Is there any particular beer from them you're a fan of?

Reaction Score
I like Yup/Nope quite a bit. I'm a fan of that place for gatherings, or to just hang out with friends. The beer and pizza are solid, and sometimes they'll have good acoustic entertainment. Is there any particular beer from them you're a fan of?

21.3 is one of the best IPAs in state IMO

Reaction Score
Full disclosure, I own Great Falls Brewing Co in North Canaan (NW corner of the state), famous for “Lazy Hazy Housy NEIPA”. I was also a prolific boneyarder during the hay day - travelled from far away just to be at the Boneyard Classics (I miss those by the way) and a UConn alum (CLAS ‘91), & 1881 UConn Alumni Brew Series participant.

Hanging Hills was due to close before the virus. There was trouble in paradise before that. One of the owners was in trouble because he decided to use the company’s twitter account to get into a pissing match with a conservative commentator/influencer over health care. That was sort of the last straw, thatand a tough location to be in. We bought their hop contracts, their delivery van, and a ton of other Brewery gear off of them. The brewer-owner I knew was a super nice guy.

anyways, that’s the story.

as always, Go Huskies!

There was a lot of talk on a FaceBook group I'm a part of for CT beer (can't remember actual name). Supposedly the brewery was in financial trouble before this and the virus shutdown was a an easy scapegoat to blame this on. There was even talk on how one of the higher ups had lashed out on social media when something related to finances was brought up before the shut down. Many brewery owners are in this group.

If a brewery doesn't already have sort of back up to at least make it a little longer than a couple of weeks in, it points to more problems than closing a tap room. Many breweries are surviving on can/growler sales for now. In a month or two, I'd me more apt to say that COVID closed them. Unfortunately, I don't think many breweries will make it considering the market was already getting so saturated.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Full disclosure, I own Great Falls Brewing Co in North Canaan (NW corner of the state), famous for “Lazy Hazy Housy NEIPA”....
Thanks for the skinny. You have a beautiful place. Right down the road from Infinity Hall (7.4mi) for anyone who hasn't been.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Full disclosure, I own Great Falls Brewing Co in North Canaan (NW corner of the state), famous for “Lazy Hazy Housy NEIPA”. I was also a prolific boneyarder during the hay day - travelled from far away just to be at the Boneyard Classics (I miss those by the way) and a UConn alum (CLAS ‘91), & 1881 UConn Alumni Brew Series participant.

Hanging Hills was due to close before the virus. There was trouble in paradise before that. One of the owners was in trouble because he decided to use the company’s twitter account to get into a pissing match with a conservative commentator/influencer over health care. That was sort of the last straw, thatand a tough location to be in. We bought their hop contracts, their delivery van, and a ton of other Brewery gear off of them. The brewer-owner I knew was a super nice guy.

anyways, that’s the story.

as always, Go Huskies!
Chris...is your head brewer formerly of Hooker Brewing?

Reaction Score
For anyone in NJ, Kane, (who previously only supplied head-high, overhead and sneakbox to liquor stores) has started to send more of their brewery-only cans out to liquor stores in the state - I just picked up First Reef and Blue Hotel at shoprite liquors in Westfield last week. I would imagine this has to do with quarantine, so enjoy while you can! Best large scale brewery in the state IMO (Troon is amazing but almost impossible to get).

Reaction Score
Open invitation to all Boneyarders...If planning a visit to or near Grand Rapids, MI post-pandemic (voted #1 beer city/Beer City USA three consecutive years) please feel free to reach out and I can help narrow down brewery choices. I believe at last count, Kent County had ~30 operational breweries. No idea how many will re-open after pandemic, but here to help. Stay safe!

Reaction Score
Yes! Jonas Griggs, we unleashed his creative side and he is killing it.

I agree!

I grew up in the NW Corner and have been up there several times. You guys are doing fantastic things with the beer and your space/vibe is great. The whole NW corner is a hidden gem of great breweries. Great Falls, Brewery Legitimus in New Hartford, Little Red Barn in Winsted and Norbrook Farms in Colebrook.

I encourage all you locals to get a DD and hit all four in one day.

Reaction Score
I agree!

I grew up in the NW Corner and have been up there several times. You guys are doing fantastic things with the beer and your space/vibe is great. The whole NW corner is a hidden gem of great breweries. Great Falls, Brewery Legitimus in New Hartford, Little Red Barn in Winsted and Norbrook Farms in Colebrook.

I encourage all you locals to get a DD and hit all four in one day.
How's Little Red Barn?? I met them at a tiny brewfest in Parrot Delaney in New Hartford three years ago. They were working out of their homes and didn't even have a license to sell yet. They were giving out business cards and offering to come to people's parties and just pour freebies. Nice guys. I liked their brews that day. I see they built their place as opposed to rehabbing an old building.

Reaction Score
How's Little Red Barn?? I met them at a tiny brewfest in Parrot Delaney in New Hartford three years ago. They were working out of their homes and didn't even have a license to sell yet. They were giving out business cards and offering to come to people's parties and just pour freebies. Nice guys. I liked their brews that day. I see they built their place as opposed to rehabbing an old building.
No, they rehabbed an old factory building that housed a company that made dog leashes. Their beer is really good. Creative. Not just IPAs and Doubles. Their Porter is the beer that everyone noticed and got them motivated to open a brewery. Funny you mention Parrott-Delaney. Back in the ‘90s, I used to bartend for the owner of Parrot-Delaney at his old sports bar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom