So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Absolutely insane list of vendors. Most of the premier New England breweries. I've seen the time as both 1-5 and 5-9. Typically it's been earlier in the day.

Reaction Score
Friends with the guy behind Coles Road Brewing out of Cromwell, making outstanding beer. One of the least known on there, but certainly worthwhile. Really tasty stouts and NEIPA juice bombs.

Reaction Score
I'd like to go but I'm not sure what to do with my lifeless corpse after four hours of craft beers.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I'll be heading to Lefty's Brewfest in Greenfield, MA on 5/20.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Atmosphere not the same this year. Everyone is such a GD beer snob these days they just alternated between standing in line at NEBCO and Lawson's. Terrified their IPA card would be revoked if they drank anything else. This subculture of people obsessed with craft beer is super frustrating bro

Reaction Score
Atmosphere not the same this year. Everyone is such a GD beer snob these days they just alternated between standing in line at NEBCO and Lawson's. Terrified their IPA card would be revoked if they drank anything else. This subculture of people obsessed with craft beer is super frustrating bro

These people annoy the out of me. If you will only drink one style of beer you cannot qualify as a beer snob . . . your palate is not sophisticated enough.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
These people annoy the out of me. If you will only drink one style of beer you cannot qualify as a beer snob . . . your palate is not sophisticated enough.

I also remember the craft/microbrew craze ending around 1996. Now that every amateur that once bought a home brew kit thinks he is reinventing beer, I just can't.

After trying every ironically named offering to that point, my beer list now goes like this:

1. Guinness
2. PBR or other cheap domestic
3. Whatever you got cold that isn't Budweiser regular

Beer isn't wine. It isn't even gin, rum, or tequila.

You vodka snobs can be ridiculed in another thread.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You vodka snobs can be ridiculed in another thread.

Zü. Find a bottle and keep an open mind. Brought a bottle to a tailgate last year. Ask CoachCap or Waquoit for their opinion.

Doesn't come in a frosted bottle. Isn't Tito's. On the lower-end of mid-priced.

Otherwise, I agree with the sentiment. I'm tired of trying micros. I have a half dozen breweries I stick with who consistently hit the nail on the head. They were good a half dozen years ago and I still prefer them to most of what I've had since.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Was Hanging Hills there?

Edit: I followed the link. I have a bunch of
friends who are investors and actually passed on investing in it - but I really liked they IPA when I had it.

I would have been at the Goose Island booth banging out their pilsner. If I go one more place that has 30 different IPAs and no pilsner I may lose my mind.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I will try to hit a couple brew fests this year. I acquired a taste for stouts this past winter and already love porters. IPAs are great and the new New England style IPA craze is getting nuts.

Old Saybrook has a small brewery cranking out great stuff across the board. 30 Mile Brewing Company.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This time of year I love sours and will even delve into well-done fruit laced stuff. Harpoon has a summer fruit pack thing out right ow that's pretty good. I've always loved UFO White.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I will try to hit a couple brew fests this year. I acquired a taste for stouts this past winter and already love porters. IPAs are great and the new New England style IPA craze is getting nuts.

Old Saybrook has a small brewery cranking out great stuff across the board. 30 Mile Brewing Company.

I'm not going, but saw Left Hand is going to be there, however their Nitro Milk Stout wasn't listed as an offering. If you haven't tried it, go find it. It's been the #1 stout for me for a couple years. In fact, they nail pretty much everything they do.

Reaction Score
Any recommendations on a good sour?

Also any recommendations for a good liquor store wi a good beer selection in Newington/elmwood west Hartford? I'm disappointed in the selection at Crazy Bruce's

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Also any recommendations for a good liquor store wi a good beer selection in Newington/elmwood west Hartford? I'm disappointed in the selection at Crazy Bruce's
Harvest stores on Farmington ave., New Britian Ave., (Elmwood), and Oakwood Ave. The whole foods has an excellent selection for a grocery store

Reaction Score

CBM (CT Beverage Mart) on the Berlin Turnpike is decent. Used to be way better when my buddy worked there a decade or so ago. He would order all sorts of crazy stuff. Most of the good stuff is not in the coolers in the back of store. One really good aisle with a bunch of variety on the right side of building.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Two Evil (two roads and evil twin collab) gose.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This time of year I love sours and will even delve into well-done fruit laced stuff. Harpoon has a summer fruit pack thing out right ow that's pretty good. I've always loved UFO White.
I gotta say, Relic in Plainville is killing it with IPAs that have a smooth finish, almost fruit finish. Been loving their beer lately.

Reaction Score
Harvest stores on Farmington ave., New Britian Ave., (Elmwood), and Oakwood Ave. The whole foods has an excellent selection for a grocery store

Let's keep this gem of a store to ourselves.

In the flesh sours by two brothers are really good

Reaction Score
I gotta say, Relic in Plainville is killing it with IPAs that have a smooth finish, almost fruit finish. Been loving their beer lately.
I agree with you. I got the Plague Doctor DIPA last week and it is outstanding. I'd put it right up there with Tree House. I believe there is another DIPA release this Thursday. I wish we could keep this our little secret, it's so easy to get with no long lines.

Reaction Score
I'll be heading to Lefty's Brewfest in Greenfield, MA on 5/20.

OMG is this at Lefty's? My wife loves their beer, visited their facility last year with her GF's, I was the limo driver lol. Would need to let her know or bring her.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree with you. I got the Plague Doctor DIPA last week and it is outstanding. I'd put it right up there with Tree House. I believe there is another DIPA release this Thursday. I wish we could keep this our little secret, it's so easy to get with no long lines.
I loved The Correspondent and Blind Knife Fight. Both were killer DIPAs. I was never a huge IPA fan until I found Relic. Their Lee Shores is a solid beer too.

Was tempted to get some Plague Doctor but the wife has been on my case about getting too much beer lately. Need to clean out what I got.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom