So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
OMG is this at Lefty's? My wife loves their beer, visited their facility last year with her GF's, I was the limo driver lol. Would need to let her know or bring her.
I think it is at the Greenfield Fair Grounds

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was at Fat Orange Cat for my first visit last Saturday. Very casual vibe on a residential property in the East Hampton woods. I got a 4-pack of Launch and rank it right there with Foley Brothers Prospect.

I have always loved Back East's Rakautra. The No Filter from Hooker has an excellent resin flavor that I crave.

Looking forward to trying the Ruffled Feathers.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else pick up the latest DIPA from Relic last night. The Mage with mosaic. Really nice super juicy.
Img_4697.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can tell you what is not the best beer, UFO Huckleberry. It is, however, more pleasant on a hot day than Bud, Coors or Miller (or the lite variants). Longtrail Blackberry is a better version of the same thing.

Does anybody else stock beer for those guests who drink macro brews? I had been buying Jack's Abby House Lager for that purpose, but just grabbed some Narangansett for $6 a 6 pack of 16oz cans. Seems to fit the bill.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Does anybody else stock beer for those guests who drink macro brews? I had been buying Jack's Abby House Lager for that purpose, but just grabbed some Narangansett for $6 a 6 pack of 16oz cans. Seems to fit the bill.

I have a few Bud Light's leftover from last year's Spring FB tailgate.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
For anyone going to Portland in the Fall for the PK classic, you have to add Great Notion to your stopover. I went there 3 times over a 4 day visit. Their Blueberry Muffin sour was fantastic and they mix it sometimes with their maple stout (Double Stack) to make Blueberry Pancakes! Their IPAs are terrific as well. Couples Retreat is a citra IPA with a pink tint from fruit. Looks like pink grapefruit juice but tastes like a citrus IPA. They do not can or bottle (with rare exception) so you have to go to the brewery. Happens to be right behind Pine State Biscuits, which is an amazing southern food oasis.

Trek 1.5 hours to the coast to Tillamook to go to De Garde - one of the highest rated west coast breweries, you have to go there since there is almost no distribution of their beers - we enjoyed their Necterine Premiere the most. it's a 5* on untapped.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I did a search and didn't see this yet. Good chance my search filters are wrong.

This is an easy beer to drink on the beach, on the porch or over a summer camp fire.

New Belgium. Same maker of Fat Tire and Ranger IPA.

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/dayblazer

dayblazer.JPG
New Belgium makes good stuff. Brewery in the vein of long trail or harpoon. Nothing fantastic but everything is good

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Tree house tornado. Tremendous

Why is that not a surprise. I can verify that the new Trillium Fort Point with Motueka hops is very good. Not my favorite though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I can tell you what is not the best beer, UFO Huckleberry. It is, however, more pleasant on a hot day than Bud, Coors or Miller (or the lite variants). Longtrail Blackberry is a better version of the same thing.

I bought a 30 of bud for my softball team 2 weeks ago. There's 25 buds in my garage.

Reaction Score
Why is that not a surprise. I can verify that the new Trillium Fort Point with Motueka hops is very good. Not my favorite though.
Just had it on Friday and still have some in the refrigerator (hmmm, maybe I'll have one now!). Yes, very good. Trillium doesn't make many bad beers. Tree House either.

Reaction Score
I bought a 30 of bud for my softball team 2 weeks ago. There's 25 buds in my garage.
I am back playing softball after 12 year hiatus. Bought 12 crap beers, and 24 craft beers. Told the 24 year olds they need to improve their palate when the old dude is buying.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At Boston Calling music fest and they had Mikkeller beers, a Danish microbrewer I've never had before. Wow they were good. Hoppy pilsener was the best.

Back at hotel now drinking Heady Topper that's at least two and a half months old and it still tastes great.

Reaction Score
Any recommendations on a good sour?

Also any recommendations for a good liquor store wi a good beer selection in Newington/elmwood west Hartford? I'm disappointed in the selection at Crazy Bruce's

Check out The Wise Old Dog near the WH/Elmwood line. They just expanded their store. Cool owner. Great selection.

Reaction Score
Did anyone pick up the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp 12 pack? It was released last Thursday and by the time I got to the store near me that had it they were sold out. Wondering how it is. I heard the Tree House collaboration wasn't very good.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Check out The Wise Old Dog near the WH/Elmwood line. They just expanded their store. Cool owner. Great selection.

Hop, skip and a fart from my office. Solid heads up.

Reaction Score
I was at Fat Orange Cat for my first visit last Saturday. Very casual vibe on a residential property in the East Hampton woods. I got a 4-pack of Launch and rank it right there with Foley Brothers Prospect.

I have always loved Back East's Rakautra. The No Filter from Hooker has an excellent resin flavor that I crave.

Looking forward to trying the Ruffled Feathers.
Fat Orange Cat was great, especially consensus. I don't agree with Beer Advocate's score. However, I just opened a crowler I purchased from them in Mid-April, and the taste dissipated quickly. My mistake for not opening it and drinking it sooner.

I had Ruffled Feathers at Stony Creek, and it's not all that great.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Headed to Sugarbush for their Brew-Grass Festival this weekend. Looking forward to trying Double Sunshine and many others.

https://www.sugarbush.com/uploaded/events/2017_bgf_guide.pdf

Double Sunshine is amazing stuff. Somis Triple Sunshine. I find Double Sunshine is much better than Sip. I'd make sure to try the Kiwi too, plus both Foley Brothers DIPAs. Some good stuff there, and some really meh stuff too.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just had Foley Brothers Prospect last night. I liked it, but it was very unique as far as DIPAs go; it was on the sweet side. Reminded me of the SingleCut beer I tried a few months back.

Reaction Score
I know I keep banging the same drum, but The Feral King is another great brew from Relic. Dank (I swear it smells like pot), tropical sweet mango with just a touch of a grassy bitter finish. Plenty of beer and no line at the brewery today. His stuff is starting to hit the package stores so if you see it, buy it!
Img_4913.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom