Becky Hammon for future coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Becky Hammon for future coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One question, why isn't much being said about the rest of the Aces management? Haven't heard much ire being directed at Fargas who I assume would have been just as involved since she's the GM/President (can't remember her official title off hand).

Not saying don't call Hammon out, but I don't think she should bear 100% of this when it comes to accountability.

Reaction Score
One question, why isn't much being said about the rest of the Aces management? Haven't heard much ire being directed at Fargas who I assume would have been just as involved since she's the GM/President (can't remember her official title off hand).

Not saying don't call Hammon out, but I don't think she should bear 100% of this when it comes to accountability.

The question was about Hammon replacing Geno. Fargas and the rest of management is not. Also, Hammon is the first line, but shoot.......... Let's throw them all under!!

Reaction Score

Because Hammon was named specifically, i think management is just as culpable but its only been Hammon's behavior that has been described.

Reaction Score
The question was about Hammon replacing Geno. Fargas and the rest of management is not. Also, Hammon is the first line, but shoot.......... Let's throw them all under!!

Yes, but a fair number of responses on this thread have been about her handling of the Hamby situation including claims she requested records. That was likely a team request, not Hammon on her own. Context matters.

Reaction Score
I suspect the next coach will come from the Husky family. The only outsider who makes any sense to me is Nikki Collen at Baylor. But the main target is likely to be Carla. 10 years from now she’ll be ready to step in and carry the program forward. I don’t see Geno giving it up any sooner than that.

I mentioned Carla as Geno's successor a long time ago. Tonya coming back will prepare Ms. Berube with any consult needed. Geno by no means is going anywhere until he wins another Championship. These last few years of missed opportunities and injury hurt him and the team. If we win soon then he may stick around for another. But unless another player like Paige comes into the program I doubt that he stays. Hoping for Sarah to sign so we get another four years.

Reaction Score
Yes, but a fair number of responses on this thread have been about her handling of the Hamby situation including claims she requested records. That was likely a team request, not Hammon on her own. Context matters.

Right, but Hammon is part of the team. Pretty sure she's the one that traded Hamby to begin with. I understand what you are saying, but again, we are talking about Hammon, not the rest of the team/higher ups.

Reaction Score
Right, but Hammon is part of the team. Pretty sure she's the one that traded Hamby to begin with. I understand what you are saying, but again, we are talking about Hammon, not the rest of the team/higher ups.

If the focus is on Hammon, it should be solely for her actions. Your comment about health records, when it was likely a management decision to make the request is an example of that.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that Becky is a great coach. She has done something that hadn't occurred in the WNBA for the last 21 years and that was winning back to back WNBA titles. She did it without two of their starters who were out because of foot injuries in game 3. It wasn't just Becky that did the infraction it was also the organization up to the owner Mark Davis, who was also fined.

Reaction Score
In the W, two fine teams are competing for the championship.
One, the group from NY has a fine coach

The other, the Las Vegas bunch has the finest coach currently
employed in woman's BB (Geno excepted).

Becky Hammon should be at the top of UConn's list to be coach
when Geno retires.

The money works.
Carla Berube should be on the short list. She has been a winner whereever she has coached.

Reaction Score
Carla Berube should be on the short list. She has been a winner whereever she has coached.
She would be completely overwhelmed by Geno's shoes. I am sure Becky could handle the coaching part but in college you have so much more to deal with other than X and Os. If she is interested in UConn then she needs to get to a top 10 university and prove herself now.

Reaction Score
Becky Hammon had to fight for everything she got along the way. She took the road less traveled and worked in a field with men and carved out a pretty good reputation based on her skills. In my opinion she has the right to ask a player a question and deserves an honest reply. If it turns out to be untrue then she has every right to get rid of that player and she doesn't owe it to anyone to do it nicely. It would be nice if she did but learning from Gregg Popovich probably created that cold business side of her.

I also think I would go for a younger coach too. Maybe 34 to 35 years old so they could build their own dynasty at UConn.

Reaction Score
Becky Hammon had to fight for everything she got along the way. She took the road less traveled and worked in a field with men and carved out a pretty good reputation based on her skills. In my opinion she has the right to ask a player a question and deserves an honest reply. If it turns out to be untrue then she has every right to get rid of that player and she doesn't owe it to anyone to do it nicely. It would be nice if she did but learning from Gregg Popovich probably created that cold business side of her.

I also think I would go for a younger coach too. Maybe 34 to 35 years old so they could build their own dynasty at UConn.

She didn’t ask a player anything. The player was pregnant and played during their championship run. Then was traded because she was pregnant to make room for Parker. After she was traded, the players medical records were requested. No one has the rights to ask the doctor for medical records. HIPPA law covers that. Also, trading someone because they’re pregnant even though she helped your team win a championship is WRONG!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom