Becky Hammon for future coach | The Boneyard

Becky Hammon for future coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In the W, two fine teams are competing for the championship.
One, the group from NY has a fine coach

The other, the Las Vegas bunch has the finest coach currently
employed in woman's BB (Geno excepted).

Becky Hammon should be at the top of UConn's list to be coach
when Geno retires.

The money works.

Reaction Score

when Geno retires.

The money works.
No thanks

Reaction Score

when Geno retires.

The money works.
Pass!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

when Geno retires.

The money works.
“When Geno retires?” Bite your tongue. Anyway, Hammon will be too old to apply for the position by then.

Reaction Score
Probably because Hammon dumped Derica Hamby when Hamby got pregnant. Hammon got a 2 game suspension.

She also asked for hambys medical records after she was traded. There’s also a few other thingd

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Becky has stated that she plans on staying in Vegas. She didn't see herself leaving for any coaching job in the W or in college that she would leave the Aces for. She was also asked if she would leave if it was a job as a head coach in the NBA, she didn't really give an answer stating she "hasn't been offered one". The players love her and so do the fans here in Vegas, the final game of the season was at T-Mobile Arena and had the highest attendance record of the season with a sell out of 17,406 fans on 10 Sep.

Reaction Score
Becky is a great Coach. Runs a pro offense and would be a great recruiter as well. I, too, feel like she’s primed to leave for the NBA as soon as San Antonio’s Greg Popovich decides to hang it up.

Carla Berube is my choice, with Shea being a close second and Sue as a dark horse, but I trust that whoever decides will pick the best option available.

Reaction Score
Not likely.

The Huskies already have 2 or 3 excellent potential head coaches on the staff. And Shea Ralph is out there honing her coaching skills at Vanderbilt, also.

Reaction Score
It would not be a bad hire, if it happens. I just think that Becky is a pro coach and likes coaching at the pro level. I just can't see her making that move to the college ranks dealing with the recruiting elements, the parents, the transfer portal, NIL stuff, and the boosters/alumni/ADs.

Reaction Score
It would not be a bad hire, if it happens. I just think that Becky is a pro coach and likes coaching at the pro level. I just can't see her making that move to the college ranks dealing with the recruiting elements, the parents, the transfer portal, NIL stuff, and the boosters/alumni/ADs.
There is good back history material on the Hammon and Hamby story on " JUST WOMEN's Sports", if you
are interested.

Reaction Score
There is good back history material on the Hammon and Hamby story on " JUST WOMEN's Sports", if you
are interested.
Unfortunately people want championships regardless of the story. So much is coming out about Vegas and Becky but people are blind. The “kicker hamby to the curb” is one

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thumbs down for Becky. Add me to the list of people "thanks but no thanks". When the time for Geno to retire comes, I hope that they cast a very wide net including coaches from the UCONN tree as well as non-UCONN coaches. Best candidate for the job regardless of pedigree.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Also the pro and college game are two different sports really.
Bingo. Based on history there’s been zero correlation between finding success coaching collegiately vs coaching in the W. Different skill levels, skill sets and ages. Stephanie White did a great job for the Fever, then was beyond awful at Vandy, and has been excellent again with the Sun. Peck in broadcasts has alluded to White’s players at Vanderbilt struggling to understand concepts and more complex situations that pros can easily pick up and implement. Considering Hammon’s work history, my guess is that she has zero interest in going from coaching one of the best WNBA teams of all time to coaching college players. I think she’s eyeing an NBA gig but will ride out the Aces if a good opportunity doesn’t come along in the offseason. The players/city love Hammon and she’s making bank coaching for Las Vegas. Plus the Aces have their big 4 all back for another run next year before free agency might break up the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom