BE Bubble Update (3/15/24) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

BE Bubble Update (3/15/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Na he can post all he wants……and if you think he’s really happy having to stoop to this to get engagement your mistaken
Bro, he's trolling. It isn't existential or depression. Trolls like getting a rise out of people, and every single time he posts mocking the Big East he gets a rise out of someone. So he keeps doing it. It's what @August_West does under a pseudonym on like 5 other sites, and he's pretty darn happy with UConn's performance, so...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I’m hoping one of St. John’s or Seton Hall still gets in, but if they don’t it’s not going to be evidence of an anti-Big East prejudice. Let’s be honest — neither team did enough over the course of the season to keep themselves off teh bubble, and that’s where they are. Leave out a Big East team with good OOC wins and then let’s talk prejudice. ‘Nova did that but the three quad 3 Philadelphia losses are hard to ignore.
This.

While there is some validity to the idea that other power conferences are a bit overrated, therefore making in conference losses look better, the BE schools that may end up on the outside looking in could have performed better than they did before conference play began. If they had, they wouldn't be sweating the selection process.

Reaction Score
Likely 9 bids for the Big 12, 6 for the Big 10, and 5-6 for the freaking mountain west. Yet these are the conference rankings…

IMG_3001.jpeg

Reaction Score
If you don't like the posts he's making, stop engaging with them. He's just sitting back laughing his ass off with any and all engagement on this.
Thank you. I don’t understand this obsession with that guy. Don’t feed the troll.

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
Thank you. I don’t understand this obsession with that guy. Don’t feed the troll.
His basketball team’s greatest accomplishment in the last 10 years is their conference affiliation. Pretty weird he spends time posting here, probably an incel

Reaction Score
This.

While there is some validity to the idea that other power conferences are a bit overrated, therefore making in conference losses look better, the BE schools that may end up on the outside looking in could have performed better than they did before conference play began. If they had, they wouldn't be sweating the selection process.
This ought to be a wake up call to the Big East Commissioner and the Board of Directors. They need to be on the case of teams like Villanova and (in the past) DePaul and Georgetown to hire great coaches and make the commitment necessary to win.

Reaction Score
Personally, close losses and big wins don‘t move me much. I understand predictive value, but for me the results are what matters when asking who is deserving of a bid. I realize that reasonable minds can differ on that.
3 close losses to Uconn a powerhouse should move you. They hung right with us and you have to be high quality to do that, right?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I’m hoping one of St. John’s or Seton Hall still gets in, but if they don’t it’s not going to be evidence of an anti-Big East prejudice. Let’s be honest — neither team did enough over the course of the season to keep themselves off the bubble, and that’s where they are. Leave out a Big East team with good OOC wins and then let’s talk prejudice. ‘Nova did that but the three quad 3 Philadelphia losses are hard to ignore.

I suppose if we were to dissect all the bubble teams we'd find they all have similar issues. If they actually pick only three teams from the Big East, I think that's criminal. Every Big East bubble team had to play three of the best teams in the country home and away. No unbalanced conference schedules for them to benefit from.

They use their metrics to justify picking 10 Big 10 teams every year. And of those 10 teams, 2 make the second weekend and they last won a national championship when Bill Clinton was President

I expect the Big 12 to underperform extravagantly this weekend and this tournament. Albeit not as bad as the Big 10 has performed.

Reaction Score
Bro, he's trolling. It isn't existential or depression. Trolls like getting a rise out of people, and every single time he posts mocking the Big East he gets a rise out of someone. So he keeps doing it. It's what @August_West does under a pseudonym on like 5 other sites, and he's pretty darn happy with UConn's performance, so...
I enjoy seeing his posts because he looks pathetic celebrating his conference because he can’t celebrate his own team. I appreciate the advisement tho

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I enjoy seeing his posts because he looks pathetic celebrating his conference because he can’t celebrate his own team. I appreciate the advisement tho
He's making a statement about the BE conference and the fans in this forum who are against taking an offering into the B12 if offered. He's not trolling UConn mens bb or the fans in this forum.

It's weird what he's doing because it's not clear to the majority of posters so it's counterproductive. It's analogous to someone who changes all the smiley faces emojis to frowning faces emojis with the huge exception that the majority of fans in this forum understood that endeavor and the humor of it but kobe's endeavor is not clear.

@kobe has always been supportive of our program and had a good interaction with us in this forum in the past. He had the same attitude about the destruction of the BE by the ACC and the resentment of those teams that left UConn, Cincinnati and USF hanging in the breeze. He had the same resentment of the Catholic schools voting these three schools out. He diverged with a common set of feelings when we abandoned the AAC but understood why it was necessary. Unlike @FriarJ, unlike a certain poster in this forum who destroyed the emojis mojo, and unlike those posters in this forum who believe kobe is trolling he is not supersensitive to negative reactions. He's obviously comfortable with self deprecating. Was that way with the leprechaun when this forum laughed at Cronin when he coached Cincinnati.

The irony is not lost upon me that this discussion about kobe is taking place in a thread that is upset with the relative numbers of bids the B12 is going to get relative to the BE.

Reaction Score
Likely 9 bids for the Big 12, 6 for the Big 10, and 5-6 for the freaking mountain west. Yet these are the conference rankings…

View attachment 97779
And what goes into the numbers should be considered by the Committee, and I don't see why any number of predictions from "pundits" means that the Committee is considering/will consider it.

Having said that, historically the Committee could not be more clear that they don't allocate bids by conferences -- they try to judge each team on the bubble individually without considering how many teams a conference gets in. Let's see how it plays out. I'm just saying that none of Seton Hall, St. Johns or Providence has a resume where they can cry bloody murder if left out. They've each left themselves in a position where reasonable people can disagree.

(By the way, if I look at those metrics and care about conferences and not individual resumes, I would ask why Indiana State is on the bubble and Princeton isn't being considered. The Ivy League's rise the last decade is truly remarkable.)

Reaction Score
3 close losses to Uconn a powerhouse should move you. They hung right with us and you have to be high quality to do that, right?

I accept that as a reasonable opinion. But to me, the key word in the phrase "close loss" is not "close," it's "loss."

Reaction Score
That's what I been thinking. How is Michigan State a tournament resume and not St. John's, Seton Hall, or even Providence?

Michigan Stated does not deserve their name to be called tomorrow. Makes no sense
If I see Mich. St. name called in the Selection Show at 6 PM, I will be annoyed for sure. I would rather see Indiana St. get that spot.

Reaction Score
He's making a statement about the BE conference and the fans in this forum who are against taking an offering into the B12 if offered. He's not trolling UConn mens bb or the fans in this forum.

It's weird what he's doing because it's not clear to the majority of posters so it's counterproductive. It's analogous to someone who changes all the smiley faces emojis to frowning faces emojis with the huge exception that the majority of fans in this forum understood that endeavor and the humor of it but kobe's endeavor is not clear.

@kobe has always been supportive of our program and had a good interaction with us in this forum in the past. He had the same attitude about the destruction of the BE by the ACC and the resentment of those teams that left UConn, Cincinnati and USF hanging in the breeze. He had the same resentment of the Catholic schools voting these three schools out. He diverged with a common set of feelings when we abandoned the AAC but understood why it was necessary. Unlike @FriarJ, unlike a certain poster in this forum who destroyed the emojis mojo, and unlike those posters in this forum who believe kobe is trolling he is not supersensitive to negative reactions. He's obviously comfortable with self deprecating. Was that way with the leprechaun when this forum laughed at Cronin when he coached Cincinnati.

The irony is not lost upon me that this discussion about kobe is taking place in a thread that is upset with the relative numbers of bids the B12 is going to get relative to the BE.
He's absolutely having a blast by needling a certain subset of fans. Which is definitionally trolling.

But, you're right in the sense that he's not a troll, he's just having fun trolling. Those are different things. And he clearly has no issue with UConn (hence the "watched the game because UConn was in MSG" post).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He's absolutely having a blast by needling a certain subset of fans. Which is definitionally trolling.

But, you're right in the sense that he's not a troll, he's just having fun trolling. Those are different things. And he clearly has no issue with UConn (hence the "watched the game because UConn was in MSG" post).
Those fans deserve it imo. He's not here dancing on our grave like many posters in this forum love to do by going to other fans sites and troll them when they're down. If he went to the Providence or Georgetown forums and did this I would be upset with it.

If I knew that individual was uncomfortable with your action I wouldn't have supported it. It would have been a tough call because he incited many of the members of the Boneyard to make a scapegoat of Dyson and actually encouraged students to follow him around campus to report his behavior and get him in trouble.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
French Reaction GIF

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The humor in today's matchups is that Jeff Capel steadfastly refuses to put Duquesne on the schedule. If they'd played the Dukes and won, that's a Q2 win instead of an empty Q4.

Reaction Score
A couple bid stealers yesterday and the BE may only get 3 bids after all of this????

Reaction Score
If I see Mich. St. name called in the Selection Show at 6 PM, I will be annoyed for sure. I would rather see Indiana St. get that spot.
I'm pretty sure that no team with an NET better than 30 has been left out of the field. Indiana State would be the first.

Reaction Score
There should be some weight put into conference teams that steal a bid. For example, NC State stole a bid. Virginia is a bubble team that lost to NC State in the ACC tournament, so if Virginia gets in over a BE bubble team that is criminal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK it’s 3:30 Sunday. Selection Sunday. Which BE teams are in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom