BE Bubble Update (3/15/24) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

BE Bubble Update (3/15/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It will be really interesting to see how the Committee treats the NET and the Big 12 and MWC gaming of it. If the NET has any more than a marginal weighting, than the NCAA Selection Committee is saying that lighting up low majors is the most important factor in getting a bid.
I feel so bad for you when you post this stuff.

Reaction Score
I know they claim conference not a factor in selections but hard to believe only 3 BE teams make it but looks that way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know they claim conference not a factor in selections but hard to believe only 3 BE teams make it but looks that way.
One less bid than the Pac12 and only one more than the AAC. Absurd. If there’s a positive, it’s that Danny has a new rallying cry.

Reaction Score
One less bid than the Pac12 and only one more than the AAC. Absurd. If there’s a positive, it’s that Danny has a new rallying cry.
In the bracket projections, the First Four play-in games involve 10-seeds rather than 11-seeds because of so many out-of-nowhere automatic bid winners wandering about the field. I don't think I've ever seen that.

Reaction Score
I think DePaul and GT being so horrible is going to hurt the BE bubble teams. We’re basically in a 9 team league and those bubble teams have 4/5 meaningless wins.
DePaul finished 307/362 in KenPom, 320 NET. Well behind five NEC teams. Utterly crushing. G'town's 202/205 didn't help, but at least programs like Louisville and Vanderbilt are also in that range.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping one of St. John’s or Seton Hall still gets in, but if they don’t it’s not going to be evidence of an anti-Big East prejudice. Let’s be honest — neither team did enough over the course of the season to keep themselves off the bubble, and that’s where they are. Leave out a Big East team with good OOC wins and then let’s talk prejudice. ‘Nova did that but the three quad 3 Philadelphia losses are hard to ignore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m hoping one of St. John’s or Seton Hall still gets in, but if they don’t it’s not going to be evidence of an anti-Big East prejudice. Let’s be honest — neither team did enough over the course of the season to keep themselves off teh bubble, and that’s where they are. Leave out a Big East team with good OOC wins and then let’s talk prejudice. ‘Nova did that but the three quad 3 Philadelphia losses are hard to ignore.
Yeah, just flip those 3 losses and Nova is a slam dunk. They'd be 21-12 with wins against Texas Tech, UNC, @ Creighton and a ton of solid predictive numbers (that would instead be good if they didn't lose those terrible games). They'd probably be in the 8-9 game.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping one of St. John’s or Seton Hall still gets in, but if they don’t it’s not going to be evidence of an anti-Big East prejudice. Let’s be honest — neither team did enough over the course of the season to keep themselves off teh bubble, and that’s where they are. Leave out a Big East team with good OOC wins and then let’s talk prejudice. ‘Nova did that but the three quad 3 Philadelphia losses are hard to ignore.
I hate St. John’s. I hate Pitino. But to not get credit for playing so many games with great teams tightly without winning? They would be pissed for sure.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Huh? They both won 20 games. Only twice since 13/14 has a Big East team won 20+ games and missed the field. Would you rather Seton Hall lost to us but beat Iowa?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
1- Uconn
2- Marquette
3- Creighton
FF- St. John’s

Seton Hall is the first team out.

The league can thank the bad call in the TCU/Georgetown game, Georgetown’s loss to Holy Cross, Xavier’s two bad losses at home, Nova’s three Philly losses, and DePaul for this.

Reaction Score
Bracket Matrix last few teams in compared to St. John's:
  • St. John's (first team out) 10-12 record vs Q1/Q2
  • TX A&M (last team in) 13-10 in Q1/Q2 - 4 Q3 losses though
  • Oklahoma (2nd last team in) 9-12 vs Q1/Q2
  • Mich St (3rd last team in) 9-14 vs Q1/Q2
So I think St. John's has a legit chance over one of them...do we need 9 Big 12 schools? St. John's NET (32) is also way ahead of OK (46) & TX A&M (45).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sad Anthony Anderson GIF
Wow you know someone has given up on their own program when their team doesn’t make the dance and they are celebrating for their conference….loserville for Kobe

Reaction Score
Wow you know someone has given up on their own program when their team doesn’t make the dance and they are celebrating for their conference….loserville for Kobe
Just happy to be there, I suppose.

Reaction Score
If you don't like the posts he's making, stop engaging with them. He's just sitting back laughing his ass off with any and all engagement on this.

Reaction Score
Huh? They both won 20 games. Only twice since 13/14 has a Big East team won 20+ games and missed the field. Would you rather Seton Hall lost to us but beat Iowa?
Actually, yes, yes I would and it’s an easy call. The OOC wins help the entire conference with all their metrics and it compounds over the course of the season.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Actually, yes, yes I would and it’s an easy call. The OOC wins help the entire conference with all their metrics and it compounds over the course of the season.
For the league, yes. For them individually it would be a push.

Reaction Score
I hate St. John’s. I hate Pitino. But to not get credit for playing so many games with great teams tightly without winning? They would be pissed for sure.
Personally, close losses and big wins don‘t move me much. I understand predictive value, but for me the results are what matters when asking who is deserving of a bid. I realize that reasonable minds can differ on that.

Reaction Score
If you don't like the posts he's making, stop engaging with them. He's just sitting back laughing his ass off with any and all engagement on this.
Na he can post all he wants……and if you think he’s really happy having to stoop to this to get engagement your mistaken

Reaction Score
Most importantly....Is Syracuse now a NIT Bubble Team?

Reaction Score
Why is everyone assuming St John's is out? Lunardi and his ilk are frequently wrong. Is there nobody else besides St John's that can lose their bid? Not that I really care, screw Pitino and the guy in the red coat, let them enjoy the NIT.

Pitino with a NYC team = Tuesday night ratings. Hard to imagine they would get bumped.
Because the talking heads are giving the committee permission to leave them out. As opposed to those "bid-stealers", the only mistake St. John's made was getting better down the stretch then having to play the best team in the country. They never got the chance to steal a bid. The committee will load up on Big12 and gift Izzo a spot. Then the talking heads will tell us how smart they were when 2 of those Big 12 teams get to the Elite 8. We are the second best league in the country and we're going to get treated like the fourth or fifth. Money talks.

Reaction Score
Temple beat FAU in the AAC so now the AAC steals a bid.

Oregon won the PAC-12 so they steal a bid.

New Mexico steals a bid after winning the MWC.

Sorry yall. I think that pushes out Seton Hall and St Johns. Nova and Providence were already outside looking in

Unless the committee throws in Pitino for the storyline, they’re going to give it to the P5 guys and the BE is a 3 bid league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom