BC Gets Transfer QB | The Boneyard

BC Gets Transfer QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sucks for us. I saw him a couple of games this year and thought he was pretty good. I think he has an NFL arm.

Reaction Score
Towles will be as good or bad as his Wr's. Two years ago he had a very good group of receivers, especially on deep patterns and had a good year. This year, he had a very inexperienced group and performed poorly. He loves throwing the ball deep and having wr's go get the ball, he has a much tougher time on the intermediate passes (not a great touch). He's a tough runner, will put his head down and try to run over people near the end zone, but overall not a guy who looks to run.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Addazio is starting to live off these transfers. Not a good sign for program development.

Smoke and mirrors recruiting...bring in some 5th yr transfers to right the ship and win some games...then go into the "rebuilding mode" again.

Bingo.

Reaction Score
Smoke and mirrors recruiting...bring in some 5th yr transfers to right the ship and win some games...then go into the "rebuilding mode" again.
Sort of the "Ollie" method. I don't love bringing in 5th year seniors like this on a regular basis as Addazio has been doing. Don't love it in basketball either though.

Reaction Score
No. Because I disagree with the whole concept. It's one thing to transfer and sit a year and play or to play as a 5th year senior taking grad classes. But this stuff is somehow just making a mockery of the whole concept in my view. You would be hard pressed to find a 1 year graduate program so it isn't like the guys involved are seriously moving so they can get degrees. So you don't think I'm just anti-5th year like some basketball coaches, I'm equally opposed to 1 and done. More so really. If the NCAA was serious they would and could stop it and my solution would be simple. Guy leaves after his freshman year, that's all well and good. You forfeit his scholarship until his class would have graduated. Guys like Calapari would be playing walk-ons most of the time...

Reaction Score
Yes, because it's been such a disaster for UConn basketball....

LOL. The national championship we have that we don't get without Kromah is meaningless compared to FS's gut feeling about bringing in grad student transfers. How can you not get that?

Reaction Score
Something is really wrong when a student-athlete graduates within 4 years, especially given an increasing number of non-athletes are not graduating within 4 years. This should be discouraged, especially given some graduate degrees actually are completed in one year especially for students with related undergrad degrees. Shame on people successfully improving their potential, short and longer-term employability! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Something is really wrong when a student-athlete graduates within 4 years, especially given an increasing number of non-athletes are not graduating within 4 years. This should be discouraged, especially given some graduate degrees actually are completed in one year especially for students with related undergrad degrees. Shame on people successfully improving their potential, short and longer-term employability! :rolleyes:
If it had the slightest bit to do with that it would be one thing but let's not pretend it does. Sheesh! And Calipari brings in his 1and dones for the academics. My view is both are wrong make a mockery of college athletics and should be stopped.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think the 5th year transfer route can be beneficial to beef up OL and DL. When it's used to fill gaps in skill positions (especially important ones like QB), then I begin to cringe and question the true depth of a program. Towles is certainly better than anything BC has on its roster for 2016, but it also means that they'll likely have to continue doing this for 2017 and beyond. Look what happened this past year post-Tyler Murphy...one of the worst offenses in the country.

All in all, we are still the better football team in 2016 and should still win.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No. Because I disagree with the whole concept. It's one thing to transfer and sit a year and play or to play as a 5th year senior taking grad classes. But this stuff is somehow just making a mockery of the whole concept in my view. You would be hard pressed to find a 1 year graduate program so it isn't like the guys involved are seriously moving so they can get degrees. So you don't think I'm just anti-5th year like some basketball coaches, I'm equally opposed to 1 and done. More so really. If the NCAA was serious they would and could stop it and my solution would be simple. Guy leaves after his freshman year, that's all well and good. You forfeit his scholarship until his class would have graduated. Guys like Calapari would be playing walk-ons most of the time...

Do you root for the NFL when they negotiate with the player's union too?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If it had the slightest bit to do with that it would be one thing but let's not pretend it does. Sheesh! And Calipari brings in his 1and dones for the academics. My view is both are wrong make a mockery of college athletics and should be stopped.

LOL. Schools generate 9 figures of athletic revenue and still soak their students for fees to support the programs and you are upset that kids transfer and leave early.

I was out watching the Utah /Duke game and thought of your Utah kindred spirit ranting and raving Utah played Duke and a bowl game on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom