Baylor/UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor/UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
And I predict that Kim absolutely loses her mind and her cool sometime in the 2nd half, as she helplessly watches her team fall further and further behind in the game, (UConn goes on a 8-10 pt. run).....
I'm sure they looked at the St. Johns and the Oklahoma games, and tried to find anything they could use to slow down the Huskies. I also predict that UConn holds Baylor under 65 points.
Scoop- as usual, you gave fair analysis, however let me offer a counter argument to both the points I left undeleted above:
1. Kim has too much respect for Geno (as do the Baylor fans), to lose her mind over an OOC game on National TV in Jan and her back injury is causing her too much pain and limited mobility to get too demonstrative.
2. Absolutely they looked at those and the Cal game to slow the game down. If they can hit their shots during their possessions and limit UConn possessions, they can keep it close. Working the half court game will hope to get Pheesa and ONO in foul trouble and keeping the UConn game at half speed could prevent Brown and Cox from getting into foul trouble or from getting exhausted.

It will be a great game, with a big crowd and tv audience buzz.

Reaction Score
I believe KLS is the key to this game. That belief is based on 3 pointers, UCONN shoot well from 3 then it will be easy victory and I think KLS is a great 3 point shooter in big games. Again, this was my thoughts against ND and the little freshman burned them on strong drives. Guess, if I am being truthful, I really do not have confidence in picking a winner for this game!

Reaction Score
I never worry about our beloved Huskies and their level of play. With the coaching staff that we have and the quality of stand up players that we have, our girls will be ready to play.

Reaction Score
It’s not that far from Duncanville to Waco, what’s the chance that Gusters attends this game? Which bench will she sit behind?

Reaction Score
Yes, this match up scares me to death as a UConn fan! Coming off a long layoff, playing on the road in a completely sold out Ferrell Center, Baylor's height, Baylor's underrated 3 point shooters, UConn's lack of anything resembling a bench, and UConn's inability to rebound or guard the 3 point line make this a tough matchup for UConn.

UConn is going to have to limit 2nd chance points, keep Brown from completely dominating the game, shoot the ball well, and stay out of foul trouble if they want any chance at winning this game!
The entire point is to present UCONN ( and Baylor) with top end challenges early in the season. It will be a tough game for both. Uconn will play its starters about 38 minutes each, and ODO will fill in the gaps. The circumstances are difficult for UCONN ( travel, just off holidays, etc), but that will put pressure on them...which Coach Auriemma wants, I am sure. Don't worry about winning or losing. How they play the game is what matters here. It is as long way to March. It will be fun and instructive.

Reaction Score
The entire point is to present UCONN ( and Baylor) with top end challenges early in the season. It will be a tough game for both. Uconn will play its starters about 38 minutes each, and ODO will fill in the gaps. The circumstances are difficult for UCONN ( travel, just off holidays, etc), but that will put pressure on them...which Coach Auriemma wants, I am sure. Don't worry about winning or losing. How they play the game is what matters here. It is as long way to March. It will be fun and instructive.

My feelings exactly from a BU POV....Except I think UConn is coming in as the favorite and BU the underdog. I mean didn't the team who won it all last year lose a couple of games? Pretty sure after they won most forgot about those losses. :)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Uconn is going to run their stuff and that most likely will be the difference. Baylor has always had trouble handling UConn. I a hard fought game with UConn coming out on top without much trouble.

Reaction Score
Baylor has everything in its favor in today's game against UConn. That being said, I'll be stunned if Baylor wins.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
My feelings exactly from a BU POV....Except I think UConn is coming in as the favorite and BU the underdog. I mean didn't the team who won it all last year lose a couple of games? Pretty sure after they won most forgot about those losses. :)
I certainly haven't forgotten the 40-point beatdown and then the infamous handshake where Walz read Muffet.

MTC

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if Christyn Williams turns in another memorable night to power Uconn to victory.

Reaction Score
This morning at 11:00AM, Uconn was a 3.5 point favorite. Now the line
has jumped up to Uconn 10.5 point favorite. Possibly Baylor has a key
injury for tonight's game or the betting public is solidly behind Uconn.

Reaction Score
Baylor has everything in its favor in today's game against UConn. That being said, I'll be stunned
I would not be surprised if Christyn Williams turns in another memorable night to power Uconn to victory.
I feel certain that CW will have the same orders she had vs ND, on every shot by BU (miss or make), she will break toward the UCONN goal, and the rest of the team will look to get her the ball as quickly as possible...whether it's from a rebound/outlet pass or inbound pass. Make BU run, run, run and soon they [at least the Bigs] won't be able to any more. :);)

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I don't have a feel for this game. Wondering if Collier will still get her points but will it be enough? KLS will probably get clobbered to get her off her game. Obviously we really don't want to play a lot of half court. Like to see UCONN run. But there's the unknowns of how will we be from perimeter and of course the foul situation. Those are all keys to the game but I can't make a predition. I'm just stumped as to what will happen tonight. Not super confident but not real pessimistic either. Hoping for an exciting game and a good test.

MTC

Reaction Score
Gusters and Andrews, along with others are at the game.

Unfortunately they are guests of Baylor so they will be sitting behind their bench and will feel obligated to cheer for the Bears. We could use both of them .

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Megan Walker make a real statement tonight with a solid performance at both ends of the court.
We (UConn) will need that tonight.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately they are guests of Baylor so they will be sitting behind their bench and will feel obligated to cheer for the Bears. We could use both of them .

Actually saw one of the Baylor coaches bring Gusters and a few others to the UConn locker room. They all came out and went to the Baylor locker room after.

Reaction Score
NC State is a solid rebounding team, and NC State plays solid defense. Looking forward to seeing how they fare in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Not good thru the 1st Qtr. Lou with zero points and Williams looking more like green freshman out their vs. the player she was against ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom