Baylor-Tennessee game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Baylor-Tennessee game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It is crap like this that gives ppl who are not fans of WCBB a reason to laugh at!!! In the men's game it is a suspension.
Those who laugh don't need any reasons :)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Not following that. The only reason the rule exists in the men's game is because too many times, players leaving the bench resulted in brawls. Basically, you're acknowleding women have more restraint and less testosterone.
Maybe they mean that the rules could possibly be "bent" for a star player. Don't know if that's what the user meant, but if that is the case then it is BS.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
It could happen. But would other teams really want to win a championship because Baylor players get suspended? Griner was obviously just trying to calm things down, but that may not matter to the NCAA.

It doesn't matter.. Rules are rules.. if Baylor gets a pass that would be absolutely pathetic

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Aas for the rules, coaches don't know'em why should announcers? Lol

Reaction Score
Rebecca:

No automatic suspension unless there was a fight and bench players got involved. GRINER AND COMPANY WILL PLAY NEXT GAME!!

Reaction Score
Do we even know the rules? Did Beth and Stephanie tell us? Or are they still silent.

If this was Pat Head's last game it's a shame that had to be the focus. Some of these kids today are just clueless.

Reaction Score
Based on Kim'a post game I wouldn't want to be one of those three players.

Reaction Score
Not following that. The only reason the rule exists in the men's game is because too many times, players leaving the bench resulted in brawls. Basically, you're acknowleding women have more restraint and less testosterone.

I do not agree. I think it is passion for the game and the desire to win that fuels these athletes. Women have just as much or even more for the game than men. Agree that women have more restraint but why have a rule just for men and not for women?!

Reaction Score
It could happen. But would other teams really want to win a championship because Baylor players get suspended? Griner was obviously just trying to calm things down, but that may not matter to the NCAA.
Are you serious? Of course other teams would want to win a championship no matter how it comes. You play with what you got. The players made the choice to leave the bench, whether to play peacekeeper or join the fray. And the if the rules state that if you leave the bench you get suspended, that is how it should be called. There has to be order. Three refs against 10 players is a challenge. Three refs against 30 players would be impossible. The more people involved, the more likely things will continue to escalate.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Will Baylor have enough players next game? :)

Really bad coaching.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Rebecca:

No automatic suspension unless there was a fight and bench players got involved. GRINER AND COMPANY WILL PLAY NEXT GAME!!

What makes no sense here is that there WAS a fight, and the players DID get involved.. not by fighting, but they were involved none the less

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I do not agree. I think it is passion for the game and the need to win that fuels these athletes. Women have just as much or even more for the game than men. Agree that women have more restraint but why have a rule just for men and not for women?!

I agree that some of the women have as much testosterone as the men.

Reaction Score
Even Rebecca didn't know the rule, which I can understand since it never happens in the women's game. So I wouldn't blame the announcers.

I regret that I posted her initial tweet saying that leaving the floor=suspension, since it added fuel to the fire here. And that info was wrong.

They didn't fight, so no suspension.
The issue is done.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Actually Lobo amended her tweet.

"Wow -- I thought it included ejection next game. Studio will have the exact ruling. Stay tuned..."

she should have kept her big mouth shut if she didn't know the rule for sure

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What I want to know is where were the assistants?! First job in that instance is to keep the bench on the bench.
And I thought the rule was 'leave the bench during any altercation' so now we are told punches have to be thrown?!

Reaction Score
What makes no sense here is that there WAS a fight, and the players DID get involved.. not by fighting, but they were involved none the less

No, it was not a fight. There were no swings. No contact.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Can someone produce a copy of the rule from the NCAA? I know that is the case in the NBA.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
she should have kept her big mouth shut if she didn't know the rule for sure

Well, I think the NCAA will study it and announce their ruling in time for next year's Rose Bowl...or not.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom