Baylor-Tennessee game thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Baylor-Tennessee game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
IMHO you are beginning to overstay your welcome. We don't need your constant praise of Baylor on this board. Now you start to say things about Rebecca who is an ICON to the UConn Women's Basketball program.

I'm commenting on her reporting skills. She had no right to send that out without knowing the rule. Had that been Kara Lawson or Carolyn Peck concerning a UCONN player the board would be steaming.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Are the rules the same as men's game? If so Sims gets ejected and misses next game. She took a swing.

No swing was taken... watched on super slow more tan 10 times... Sims did push Stricklens arm away rather dramatically... it was this that looked at first like a punch.

Stricklen fouls Sims as Sims goes up with the ball
Sims backs back onto the floor
Stricklen loses her balance with nowhere to step with Sims beneath her
Stricklen NEEDS both hands on Sim's belly and lower chest to regain her balance as she lowers down almost dropping a knee onto Sims
Stricklen is very slow on raising back up and is jawing something
Stricklen finally gets her right knee and left arm off of Sims but she is still jawing and bent over Sims in what appears to me to be an attempt at dominance
Sims grabs Stricklen's right arm just above the elbow and pushes Stricklen off of her with force
Stricklen grabs her won shorts and gets into a precursor of a fighting stance jawing something like "C'mon".
Lady Vol player Burdick interferes with this mess by wrapping up Stricklen just as a refs steps and gets hand on Sims
Baylor players leave the bench
To my eye on my super slow DVR it looks like Stricklen should have been hit with a technical/tossed for her aggression over Sims on the floor.
Regardless of the current rule(the rule should be:: Suspensions)Griner and her little posse should have been suspended for a game, and the ball and shots.

Typical Vol end of game magic... but I still don't get the no suspensions decision - at the very least Stricklen should have been tossed for fighting.

YOPB

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Chill out.

First of all, tweeting is NOT reporting.

Second, she said it because she believed it was true. As soon as she realized her mistake -- less than 5 minutes later -- she corrected herself.

When you are on the ESPN payroll, it is reporting.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
LOL. I just couldn't believe how quickly so many wanted to think that Griner was going to be suspended.

Hey, we will take her out however we can! :) Don't go away - you are a contributor here EastTexas

Reaction Score
I'm commenting on her reporting skills. She had no right to send that out without knowing the rule. Had that been Kara Lawson or Carolyn Peck concerning a UCONN player the board would be steaming.
It was a TWEET, she was not "reporting". I trust you understand the difference?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Per the NCAA Rule Book:

"Any individual who leaves the bench area and enters the
playing court but does not participate in a fight (Art. 2.j) shall
not be assessed a CLASS B technical foul (no free throws
awarded). That individual shall be ejected but is not subject to
suspension."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Look...I've enjoyed my time here, but the statement was true.

Good luck down the line.

Reaction Score
When you are on the ESPN payroll, it is reporting.

No it's not.

There is big difference journalistically between print, blogs, and tweets. Reporters have much more leeway with what they can do/say on the latter.

As I said, dude, you need to chill out. Or at least find another place to blow off your steam. Blasting Rebecca here will win you NO friends.

Tread lightly my friend.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Unfortunately your still on this board, instead of you own board. It was a natural reaction by fans to wonder if Griner and others leaving the bench area would be suspended for the next game. No one was clapping up and down saying Yeah Griner is suspended so now other teams besides Baylor will win the championship. I suspect we'll see you gloating about Baylor until they win the National Championship. We know what you'll do, if they do lose, you'll run back to East Texas and we won't see you on this board until next year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Per the NCAA Rule Book:

"Any individual who leaves the bench area and enters the
playing court but does not participate in a fight (Art. 2.j) shall
not be assessed a CLASS B technical foul (no free throws
awarded). That individual shall be ejected but is not subject to
suspension."

If you can keep your head when all those around you are losing theirs - and your team is down 14 points too - you are a man my son!

Reaction Score
IMHO you are beginning to overstay your welcome. We don't need your constant praise of Baylor on this board. Now you start to say things about Rebecca who is an ICON to the UConn Women's Basketball program. Let's say that Baylor players almost cost themselves a championship by the stupid actions of three players who left the bench area, regardless of what they were attempting to do. If Stricklen wasn't held back, the incident could have easily gotten much worse.

that's why employed the "ignore" option ;)

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Based on what? Obviously not the rule book.

As I later revised... the rule is wrong and the rule itself needs to be revised to assess suspensions... I know that this won't happen but that behavior cannot be allowed even once. It's my opinion, that's why.

I also believe Stricklen should have been tossed for fighting. (watch as Stricken lingers over Sims with her(Stricklen's) right knee ad bot arms pressing down nto Sims. Had she jsut gotten up as is normal, all would be fine, but Stricklen was jawing and left her hands and knee pressing into Sims for far too long...

YOPB

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
LOL. I just couldn't believe how quickly so many wanted to think that Griner was going to be suspended.
No, people were wondering if she would be suspended because it would have huge implications for the Final Four.

You have been on this board long enough to know how topics can take on a life of their own. You might take your own advice and try a exercising a few moments of restraint before posting as your criticism of Rebecca, who is much beloved by UConn fans, and Boneyard posters was ill-timed and ill-advised.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
she should have kept her big mouth shut if she didn't know the rule for sure

I've been nothing but decent to you during your time on this board. But you ARE becoming overly aggressive with talk like that... Rebecca made a simple mistake... it has been undone... no harm... Calling her out is fine but be respectful as you do it and refrain from a cycle of re-pounding it.

If you choose otherwise, your time here will become unproductive & and unpleasant for all concerned. Just relax a bit... Griner gets to play in the next game... even though I would amend the rule to suspend players that left the bench. So, we disagree... big deal... life goes on... keeping the fever up does no one any good and does you the most harm... Grab some Merlot and let it go.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Reaction Score
the refs said there was no fight so the rule is not applicable.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If Sims plays like she did tonight, IMHO Baylor is unbeatable. A team can win if Griner gets 20-25 points they can lose unlikely as it would be. However, give Sims 20 plus points then its almost impossible.

Reaction Score
If Sims plays like she did tonight, IMHO Baylor is unbeatable. A team can win if Griner gets 20-25 points they can lose unlikely as it would be. However, give Sims 20 plus points then its almost impossible.
agreed. the lady vols actually played griner really well. i was VERY proud of that...however, when their guards are draining threes like that there is nobody that can beat them. NOBODY

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score

Good thing this is a UConn board, so it would be expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32