Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Enough of this foul nonsense CW was nearly assaulted going for a layup she made and no foul was called. The refs were only calling UConn for fouls. With 1 second left there has to be something serious for any ref to call it and determine the outcome of the game. That was a good no call great UConn defense. Having said that it should not of been close in the end, 3 missed layups. Paige goes 0-4, CW misses free throws. Almost gave it away. Time to move on that's all that counts. Enough of how the game changed when Richards left the game. UConn lost Liv and AE for a good portion of the game.

Reaction Score
LeBron posted "where is the foul"..... I have to agree with LeBron on the 10+ no calls the refs forgot about when Baylor players fouled UCONN players. Great win... but now we have to listen to how Baylor was cheated. so annoyed with that

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Glad to see everyone made it through and is still breathing! That was an instant classic. When was the last time UCONN pulled out a squeaker like that?
Survive and advance! I admire the grit of these kids. And hats off to Baylor. Talk about a tough group of kids. Wish we had met in the FF.
A quick recovery to Didi!
Um, TN and then SC?! Short memory span!

Reaction Score
Im sick of how many times UConn bodies were on the floor and no fouls.. This pic is not a foul based on how the game was called. The over the back calls werent called, the flagrant call on Paiges layup when Carrington almost took her head off and fans think that is is a foul with less then a second left???????????. Please give me a break. The only reason why Baylor was in the game was UConn got some home Texas cookin just like TAM got. In the first qtr UConn got killed and Liv was in foul trouble allowing Baylor to go to the line and stay in the game. If Liv and Edwards arent in foul trouble we win by alot. Baylor was in the game only because they lived at the foul line in the first half. In this pic they werent off their feet and arms leaning a little bit, no slapping or hacking. Next Didi was out and that wouldve made a difference.. Well Liv and Edwards were out a long time too but nobody is talking about that. Call it either way I guess but considering how the game was called Baylor didnt deserve it. UConn went on a 19-0 run and earned this win and thank goodness the refs didnt take it away from them. If Baylor played this physical at Stanford they wouldve all fouled out. JMO folks. Im not happy on how the game was called. It was call that way and we have to accept it and so does everybody else.
UConn will be the greatest of champions as they overcome all obstacles placed in their way - the NCAA, the referees, 2 championship games in the same tournament, and winning all of their games.

Reaction Score
LeBron posted "where is the foul"..... I have to agree with LeBron on the 10+ no calls the refs forgot about when Baylor players fouled UCONN players. Great win... but now we have to listen to how Baylor was cheated. so annoyed with that
No one was cheated. Only cheating that went on was UCONN and Baylor having to face off in a elite 8.

I don't want to be dismissive but I highly doubt UCONN's first final four game will be even competitive. They have a pretty smooth path to the national title game before they encounter a potential Stanford or SC matchup

Reaction Score
UConn getting bad press (I can see the headlines, non-call at end let’s UConn win) will motivate UConn. What should be mentioned is their tremendous comeback, their toughness and perseverance. I’d be pissed if I were UConn, and Geno should remind the team how little respect they are getting. UConn was screwed all game long and didn’t quit.
Paige has already asked Geno why there are so many Husky haters out there

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
That's one of the dumbest things anyone can ever say about a BB game. How did you gauge that? You knew what was in the other 9 kids' minds? Try telling them that.
And Williams was fearless but didn't want the game as much as Carrington? That's ridiculous.

Bobby

I was making use of a widely used sports metaphor (hopefully still current, but certainly
popular in my youth...some time ago).

I certainly didn't mean to imply any lack of desire from Christyn, Paige, Aubrey or any of the
terrific competitors on our team.

I'm sorry you misunderstood me.

MSF

Reaction Score
No one was cheated. Only cheating that went on was UCONN and Baylor having to face off in a elite 8.

I don't want to be dismissive but I highly doubt UCONN's first final four game will be even competitive. They have a pretty smooth path to the national title game before they encounter a potential Stanford or SC matchup
Massey has UCONN over Arizona by 12 points & over Indiana by 11.

Reaction Score
Enough of this foul nonsense CW was nearly assaulted going for a layup she made and no foul was called. The refs were only calling UConn for fouls. With 1 second left there has to be something serious for any ref to call it and determine the outcome of the game. That was a good no call great UConn defense. Having said that it should not of been close in the end, 3 missed layups. Paige goes 0-4, CW misses free throws. Almost gave it away. Time to move on that's all that counts. Enough of how the game changed when Richards left the game. UConn lost Liv and AE for a good portion of the game.
You are correct. At the end of the 19-point run, UConn was up 9 with seven minutes to go. From that point, they fell apart! They scored only five more points! Paige missed two 3's, two jumpers and a lay-up, Aaliyah missed a lay-up, and Christyn made two of three lay-ups and one of four free-throws. Evina had a turnover, Christyn had a foul (really bad call) and Aaliyah had two fouls. (True, missed lay-ups were more likely fouls that weren't called.) But yes, they almost gave it away.

Reaction Score
She needs get what moon ursin be getting in the off-season. That player is well conditioned.
LOL

Speaking of, she was a tremendous story for Baylor. A kid that waited 4 years for her turn and became a phenomenal starter her senior year. You don't see that often these days with the transfer portal the way it has been recently. I hope she comes back.

Reaction Score
Massey has UCONN over Arizona by 12 points & over Indiana by 11.
Maybe I am not smart but I feel fairly confident UCONN covers that easily unless they go extremely cold in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom