Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Baylor lost because of bad calls? You need glasses because you didn't see a thing.
I never said Baylor lost because of bad calls. What I posted was there were bad calls on both teams. May be you need glasses to read better.

Reaction Score
This definitely won't be the last time we see UConn and Baylor in the post season. As good as Baylor was this year. I still feel it wasn't Kim's best team. I think Andrews may be the point guard in the future. Didi I think will return. Add the transfers. Baylor will be much better...
As for UConn. They been trending in the right direction of being a championship team the moment Aaliyah Edwards minutes grew. I expect them to win some rings the next few years.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I mean it was a foul but they didn't call fouls on both teams all game.

They game flipped when Didi went out and UCONN went on to carve them up on a 19-0 run but helluva job by Baylor to get back with a chance to win it.
5D55A3D5-C09A-47B0-86CC-1E1B2BED6BA9.jpeg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I still wonder why Kim didn't call time out.
I wondered and said so in the chat. When UConn was 7-0 I said Kim should take a TO. Every game it seems in the chat there's always a couple of people drolling on about how Geno is getting out coached. Not this game friends. The was a missed opportunity by Kim to slow UConn's roll, and she wiffed.

Reaction Score
I'd like to say though "In a world where you can be anything...be present. As Hunter Thompson once said, "Half of life is just showing up".
Woody Allen is credited with saying “80 percent of success in life is just showing up.”

Reaction Score

While I may not agree with the sentiment behind Carrington's comment, I do like the cheeky linguistic move she makes: rebuking the call and the question in one move. She sharpened more than basketball skills during her time in Palo Alto.

Reaction Score
This definitely won't be the last time we see UConn and Baylor in the post season. As good as Baylor was this year. I still feel it wasn't Kim's best team. I think Andrews may be the point guard in the future. Didi I think will return. Add the transfers. Baylor will be much better...
As for UConn. They been trending in the right direction of being a championship team the moment Aaliyah Edwards minutes grew. I expect them to win some rings the next few years.
Baylor did the best with what they had. It was a GREAT team but not quite as polished as previous teams. That said they were playing their best ball at the end of the year and thats a credit to their coaching.

Baylor with Smith, Egbo, Carr, Kamaria McDaniel will be scary group next year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It was technically a foul, but not in that game.

Paige dealt with more contact every time she drove to the basket.

Williams dealt with more contact the okay before that was a no call.

if it isn’t a foul on one end, it’s not on the other.

A let them play style suited Baylor far more than UConn..they can’t then whine about the refs letting them play.
But in the end the refs swallowing their whistles favored UConn, and that's what counts.

Reaction Score
Hard game to win....Williams making only 1 or 4 free throws not a good show. We won, but we were lucky.
UConn was 9 for 16 and Baylor was 13 for 20. So neither team really distinguished themselves from the line. Shooting overall was not that good. Officiating? I hope this crew doesn't get to ref another game in Texas. Time marches on, Did they miss the call with no foul at the end? Probably. But there were several calls one where Paige was decked and I'll check the replay for the sequence. More likely that Baylor could not overcome the loss of their PG more than bad officiating.

Reaction Score
I gotta admit. I'm proud of Olivia. She literally held her own. We all know Edwards was gonna hold hers.

As much as we can blame the refs. The game was pretty much no calls on both sides. I've seen Baylor get away with some. UConn got away with some.

The game changed when Didi got injured
All I as is that the calls be consistent. They were not. Again. It’s always fodder for the broadcasters and critic’s grist mill in a close game.

Reaction Score
But in the end the refs swallowing their whistles favored UConn, and that's what counts.

In that one play.

if they hadn’t of swallowed their whistles on the three drives in the fourth where Paige missed a layup and was clearly fouled..or when Williams went to the basket with no foul..maybe it’s an 8 point game instead of a 2...

that’s why you can’t look at the game in pieces. They swallowed their whistles the whole game, why should it change on that one play?

Reaction Score
Great win. Concerned only 7 points from the bigs and no assists from PB and CW. Did I say great win?
You actually did. Look at it this way though. It is not a usual UCONN box score. Only 9 team assists, only 3 players in double figures, AE having only 4 points and poor free throw shooting by our standards. If you knew that going into the game you would have said "we will lose for sure". Yet we won. That tells me a lot. Games like that give you confidence and neither Arizona nor Indiana have Baylor power and defensive prowess. An ugly win is still a win.

Reaction Score
The officiating was not good all night. After having a smooth Iowa game this was certainly a change in pace.
Well, I think the officiating was pretty poor there as well, but the point differential (10+ for most of the game) was too great to make a difference. Not so with Arkansas and tonight ( not to mention the A&M games, etc. etc).

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Congrats to your guys. Best wishes in the Final Four.
Thanks. Sorry that the discussion will revolve around referees and not the great athletes on two terrific teams. It was an epic back and forth game. I knew Baylor was very good, but they were actually great. The biggest crime is that Baylor was underseeded. Some good news is it was nobody's last chance to run at a championship. Everyone gets another year of eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom