Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn getting bad press (I can see the headlines, non-call at end let’s UConn win) will motivate UConn. What should be mentioned is their tremendous comeback, their toughness and perseverance. I’d be pissed if I were UConn, and Geno should remind the team how little respect they are getting. UConn was screwed all game long and didn’t quit.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Great game by Baylor!!! All of those players gave everything and heart breaks for Didi—I hope she heals quickly! I’m so happy for our team!!! So much to celebrate for now! But seriously...
View attachment 66387

? GO HUSKIES!!

“In a world where you can be anything... be KIND”
I'd like to say though "In a world where you can be anything...be present. As Hunter Thompson once said, "Half of life is just showing up".

Reaction Score
I felt we really missed Nika in this game, I’m hoping to see her return.

we are also a significantly better team with Edwards in. She’s a complete game changer.

It doesn’t matter who starts, in big games both okay a lot of minutes for a reason..I’m hoping Nika is ready for the Final Four.
She’ll be back for FF. Allows Edwards to come off the bench where I think we’re better suited. Either Indiana of AZ beckons the extra guard from us.

Reaction Score
The turning point was the unfortunate injury to DiDi Richards. Without that and temporary Baylor collapse that followed it, I feel fairly confident the game would've gone differently.

There's nothing surprising nor uniquely outrageous about the possible missed foul on Carrington's last shot. 1) The refs were giving the benefit of the doubt to contact all day - many instances of contact on shooters that could've been fouls. 2) Refs are known to swallow whistles toward the end of close games. It's incredibly rare for UConn to have possibly benefitted from one of these moments, but it happens a lot.

The best way to avoid the possibility of refs swallowing whistles to your detriment is not to be trailing toward the end of a close game. Had Baylor recovered more quickly from DiDi not being on the court, they would've probably gone on to the Final Four.
While it was unfortunate that DiDi was hurt during the 2nd half, let's not forget that UCONN was missing their point guard for the whole game. Muhl would have made a difference defensively & might have hit a couple of timely threes!

Reaction Score
LeBron says it was a foul. Lol
ExsLycjWYAcoCOX

I mean it was a foul but they didn't call fouls on both teams all game.

They game flipped when Didi went out and UCONN went on to carve them up on a 19-0 run but helluva job by Baylor to get back with a chance to win it.

Reaction Score
A very young, inexperienced UConn team dethroned the reigning champs who had lots of tourney experience. UConn played slightly better overall - looking at the team stats - so it was the right outcome. And, yes, we have Paige & they don't. The Paige Legend continues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom