Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Still standing :)
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Well at least Charlotte is that bad, if Cuse was this good I would have a harder time swallowing this. For some reason I thought Charlotte was a fringe tourney team.

Reaction Score
These results make it absolutely imperative that we win tonight.

With a win, we get a game against Cuse and another against Gonzaga or the Texas/A&M winner. That's a Top 30 win and two other Top 50 (possibly Top 20) games. That's possibly 3 marquee wins, and at worst a significant SOS boost.

With a loss, we get a game against Charlotte and another against Washington or the Texas/A&M loser. That's a loss, another sub-200 RPI game (which we have plenty of already), and maybe a Top 50 game. That's at most 1 marquee win and 1 major SOS drag.

This is one "choose your own adventure" where we have to get it right, right off the bat.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
What's the deal with AXS and TV? I figured they had the whole tourney, but the fruit game was on ESPN2.

Reaction Score
What's the deal with AXS and TV? I figured they had the whole tourney, but the fruit game was on ESPN2.

They only have half of the games, mostly the losers bracket. This was laid out back when the bracket was announced.

Reaction Score
So Cuse basically gets a bye to the next round and the more favorable time slot considering Mich/UConn will be finishing up sometime near midnight and will have to play a day game the next day. SMFH.
Add in jet lag and this could be a problem. It gets worse on the 2nd and 3rd day. They may be young but they are still Easterners.

Reaction Score

With a win, we get a game against Cuse and another against Gonzaga or the Texas/A&M winner. That's a Top 30 win and two other Top 50 (possibly Top 20) games. That's possibly 3 marquee wins, and at worst a significant SOS boost.

With a loss, we get a game against Charlotte and another against Washington or the Texas/A&M loser. That's a loss, another sub-200 RPI game (which we have plenty of already), and maybe a Top 50 game. That's at most 1 marquee win and 1 major SOS drag.

This is one "choose your own adventure" where we have to get it right, right off the bat.

More like "choose your destiny". This team has a chance to make noise, collect some marquee, RPI wins, and climb in the poles. With many low RPI AAC games, it is imperative that our boys make some noise.

Reaction Score
Well at least Charlotte is that bad, if Cuse was this good I would have a harder time swallowing this. For some reason I thought Charlotte was a fringe tourney team.

Charlotte isn't quite Maine-esque, but they are close. Cuse shot very well (they kinda have to this year, no post threat or penetrators) and they won by 13.

Could this be the worst Cuse zone in recent memory? Its tough when your 5 man is either immobile, or a 6'8 freshman. I think we tear their D up, if we advance. It will be a game if they can hit 3's, and if not, a route.

I will say that I am impressed by Gbinije's awesome development, and Lydon and Richardson look to be the real deal. I am also impressed that Boeheim can't even go 8 deep against a scrub team.

Reaction Score

A loss tonight would have an enormous negative impact on the future of the program.

Reaction Score
ESPN isn't exactly known for letting their guys go off script.. What kind of
Blackmail does Walton have on them?

Reaction Score
With there still being 10 minutes left in A&M-Texas (A&M is already in the double bonus) it looks like UConn won't tip until around 10.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Oof. Texas guy just had one of the worst air ball threes I have ever seen.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I think I just saw Steve Wilkos walk by behind the announcer guy.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
what's the scheduled start time? streams arent working as of yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom