Basketball Capitol

Reaction Score
2F49FACA-2D20-4C99-8336-4014D5E24DE2.jpeg

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
UConn had some nice run to lead Sportscenter

Reaction Score
We've been extremely blessed (both teams) when we get to the biggest stage. Only thing comparable to that is UCLA's run in the Wooden era. (Ten NC game wins in 12 years without a loss)

Reaction Score
They should name the Championship trophy after Geno when he retires , kind of like the Lombardi super bowl trophy.
That would be neat and fitting .
I think the window to dominate that sport in that fashion is rapidly closing and in a way it’s a testament to his teams popularizing the sport.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Here’s another stat that sounds fake but its true. Geno is now 1149-149 in his career. He’s 1000 games above .500

Like…what?!?
The competition in women's basketball is utterly terrible, especially when he started his career. Despite being the best ever, you really only have to worry about a handful of games every year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
And one of them there good teams was NOT UConn

Same stuff can be said about Wooden's run

1) no competition
2) short tournament
3) "larger payroll than any NBA team"

Yet the man is revered, and I'm not mocking him

Geno is the man

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The competition in women's basketball is utterly terrible, especially when he started his career. Despite being the best ever, you really only have to worry about a handful of games every year.
First off, I disagree with your statement, womens basketball has seen a lot of parity over the last decade, but per your point, if it’s that easy shouldn’t more teams be able to figure out the formula? La Tech and Tennessee were both dominant for years, but couldn’t sustain. SC seems like they’ve been dominant forever, but yet this is only their second title game in program history. To be a CT basketball fan and not appreciate what Geno has done and basically have the “anyone could do it” mentality doesnt make you a basketball fan.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How easy is it to have huge run streaks and beat almost all opponents game after game without losing focus or just have a bad shooting night? Especially when all of the opponents circle the date and play like it’s their personal Final Four game.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I don’t get this take. If it was terrible, it was terrible for everyone including UConn. He had to separate the school and then hold that advantage for decades with other schools doing everything they could to catch up.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
How easy is it to have huge run streaks and beat almost all opponents game after game without losing focus or just have a bad shooting night? Especially when all of the opponents circle the date of their game and play it like it’s their personal Final Four game.
Depends on the quality of the opponent, and in this case it is very poor.

Reaction Score
Geno has won in every decade so even when the competition got better he still winning

Poe

Reaction Score
11-10 in the semifinals, but 11-0 in championships. Crazy finals record.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"11-0 in championship games" and "home game for Paige Bueckers" will be repeated ad nauseam, but the fact is that we are clear underdogs tomorrow night, and rightly so.

Reaction Score
We've been extremely blessed (both teams) when we get to the biggest stage. Only thing comparable to that is UCLA's run in the Wooden era. (Ten NC game wins in 12 years without a loss)
He, as is K, was a big time cheater.

Reaction Score
I think I recall that Arizona did that in the men's tournament, and at that time it was the only time it had been done.
I think it has been done a few times on the women's side because historically lower seeds didn't have much chance to advance to the final four. Even with today's supposed increased parity in the game, 3 of the 4 #1 seeds still made it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom