Bad night for the Gilbert haters. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bad night for the Gilbert haters.

Reaction Score
I think there is a very distinct difference between hating someone and not thinking they are very good at a sport.

Some here are too stupid to understand that.

Ok but there are also some here stupid enough to think he’s only played 1 good game in 20. Most everyone knows that’s beyond ridiculous!

Reaction Score
Ok but there are also some here stupid enough to think he’s only played 1 good game in 20. Most everyone knows that’s beyond ridiculous!
For every three points AG makes he turns it over one time. I would have included free throws in the points total, however had he not been fouled he would have likely turned it over so I ruled it out all together. Then when he shoots the ball, there's a one in three chance that the ball goes in.

For comparison, Bouk is 48% from the field. Turns it over one in five times. Higher three point percentage than AG field goal percentage.

Hate to see facts get in the way here

Reaction Score
You and DH see talent in Akok and just "another really good game" for IW. How about IW is playing much better than Akok (who can't catch the ball or pass) because right now he is better than Akok. Playing a little less than half the minutes of Akok, IW has exactly half the shots taken, and higher Pts and Rebs per minute and better shooting %, FT % and less turnovers. IW should start at the 4 and Akok should be back up 4 and 5.
Whalley shud start too -he’s playing way over his head. I’m happy for him. He deserves to start. . But we absolutely need akok in there for defensive purposes. Carlton shud come off bench.

Reaction Score
He’s been watching from the bench the last couple of years. Bring him off bench, allow him to figure it out, then give him 25+ to do his thing.
Really hope he comes back next year. We re gonna need him. This is only really his second year of college hoops. Crazy when u think about it

Reaction Score
For every three points AG makes he turns it over one time. I would have included free throws in the points total, however had he not been fouled he would have likely turned it over so I ruled it out all together. Then when he shoots the ball, there's a one in three chance that the ball goes in.

For comparison, Bouk is 48% from the field. Turns it over one in five times. Higher three point percentage than AG field goal percentage.

Hate to see facts get in the way here

They aren’t facts you just don’t understand the game it’s lost in your hatred. He’s had some real good games set back by the game ending pattern and if you can’t see that you’re beyond blind. As I said he’s been part of the reason we are able to throw away games at the end unfortunately because he’s been good for 25-30 minutes. Our defense is good because he’s part of it also doubt you even look at that side. But feel free to keep looking ridiculous with your 1 of 20.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Gilbert has been night and day since coming off the bench. I think he and Hurley have found a great role for him while allowing Gaffney and Bouknight to get the experience they need for the future

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Gilbert has been playing suffocating on-ball defense all year. But in the big picture it hasn't made up for his ball-stopping and bricklaying. Finally we get the game we knew the kid could deliver and the question should be "where was this earlier" not "what do the haters think".

Reaction Score
Gilbert has been playing suffocating on-ball defense all year. But in the big picture it hasn't made up for his ball-stopping and bricklaying. Finally we get the game we knew the kid could deliver and the question should be "where was this earlier" not "what do the haters think".
Or more importantly, can’t we all just root for his success and team success and hope we see a lot more from him like we did Thursday?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Or more importantly, can’t we all just root for his success and team success and hope we see a lot more from him like we did Thursday?
This is the point, missed by so many. He finished games and halves earlier this year with disappointing decisions and forced shots. I don't want that. But I do want Gilbert to have game, after game, after game like that performance in Tulsa. Let's hope for that on Sunday for two in a row.

He did seem more relaxed out there. Still forced a couple drives, but the on-ball defense and his more confident shot were money.

Reaction Score
I wish the best for the guy in life. I don't have to think he's good at basketball to think that. They aren't synonymous with one another.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom