Bad night for the Gilbert haters. | The Boneyard

Bad night for the Gilbert haters.

Reaction Score
17 points, 6-8, 3-3 from three, only three assists but it led the team. And his usual dogged defense.

This kid is capable of this very often. But it just hasn't happened. It was BEAUTIFUL to watch.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I don’t think anybody hates Gilbert. But you’ll have to admit that until this performance he’s been meh. At best.

Tonight? Great. Now keep it up. Play under control, look for your shot and your teammates. It makes the team much better when he plays well.

Reaction Score
Still is and always was this team’s best ball handler and playmaker.

the emergence of a true offensive threat takes so much pressure off of Al’s shoulders. That was his biggest deficit
This is the same thing I’ve said about CV. When Bouk and others score a lot, it allows CV and AG to play to their strengths and not try to take over games. Both have considerable skills to contribute when they’re not counted on to be go to guys late in games.

Reaction Score
You're joking. The crap thrown at ths kid was non-stop for a while.

The talent is there. It just needs to come out. Nobody has been through more than this young man.
Criticism doesn’t equal hate. Especially when there’s video evidence to back it. The kid had a great game tonight and every UConn fan is glad he did. We needed him

Reaction Score
This is simple. We have 3 players with talent on this team. Bouk , akok ,AG. And Gilbert’s pretty much been in the pockets of every player he’s guarded this year , which most people have overlooked. U kno the kid has talent. We ve seen it. Now build on this and give me more of the same against cincy in Gampel Sunday. Props to whalley too for another really good game.

Reaction Score
Just like I said in the other thread. I think it was just Mau, Kathy and myself trying to stick up for the kid before. But I don't even think this was his best game. If he was only making shots early on, totally different script.

"I have been one of his biggest defenders, ashamedly so. The biggest difference is he made shots. He still made 2 terrible drives that are typical for him to be skewered. He made one awesome floater, for the 2nd time of late. He didn't control the ball, so much fewer TO's, HOWEVER, not many assists. I would call it his best shooting game, but I wouldn't call it his best game. I am biased to assists. However, I have no explanation for why we won on the road without many assists. His D was on par with his typical great D. I am happy he's still contributing after losing the starting role. Good for him. I think this season would look much different if he was hitting shots early on, but what do I know?"

Reaction Score
This is simple. We have 3 players with talent on this team. Bouk , akok ,AG. And Gilbert’s pretty much been in the pockets of every player he’s guarded this year , which most people have overlooked. U kno the kid has talent. We ve seen it. Now build on this and give me more of the same against cincy in Gampel Sunday. Props to whalley too for another really good game.

That’s harsh. Most of these kids have talent. It is the mix of players and their experience level that limits the team. When all of them are in sync and hitting shots, you see the lesser players talent shine through. This team has just lacked an alpha. When Bouk stepped up, the game got easier for everyone else.

Reaction Score
I'm in here riding for Al. The others either aren't ready for it or can't do it. Which is fine, but shows who knows a bit about the game and who doesn't. All good

And bottom line tonight - the team made shots, Al included. If we shoot to our averages this season, they might still be playing

Reaction Score
When Bouk stepped up, the game got easier for everyone else.

OK did Bouk "step up" or did his outside shot finally start falling?

It is the mix of players and their experience level that limits the team

Na, it's talent that limits the team. We play against freshmen and sophs, they do fine...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom