Bad night for the Gilbert haters. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bad night for the Gilbert haters.

Reaction Score
This is simple. We have 3 players with talent on this team. Bouk , akok ,AG. And Gilbert’s pretty much been in the pockets of every player he’s guarded this year , which most people have overlooked. U kno the kid has talent. We ve seen it. Now build on this and give me more of the same against cincy in Gampel Sunday. Props to whalley too for another really good game.
You and DH see talent in Akok and just "another really good game" for IW. How about IW is playing much better than Akok (who can't catch the ball or pass) because right now he is better than Akok. Playing a little less than half the minutes of Akok, IW has exactly half the shots taken, and higher Pts and Rebs per minute and better shooting %, FT % and less turnovers. IW should start at the 4 and Akok should be back up 4 and 5.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Not haters, Just people hoping he would play like he did today. And now people who are excited to see him play the way he played today. Frustrated...yes but never wanted anything other then the best for him as I assume was the case for everyone else on the board.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Criticism doesn’t equal hate. Especially when there’s video evidence to back it. The kid had a great game tonight and every UConn fan is glad he did. We needed him
Exactly, his night started with a kamikaze layup that was swatted but he got it together really fast. Thought he looked composed despite the really good numbers.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Palatine really is the Skip Bayless of the Yard

I can’t think of a bigger prisoner of the moment here
He was sitting on this post for 20 games.

Reaction Score
17 points, 6-8, 3-3 from three, only three assists but it led the team. And his usual dogged defense.

This kid is capable of this very often. But it just hasn't happened. It was BEAUTIFUL to watch.
or maybe coming off the bench was what he needed all along

Reaction Score
OK did Bouk "step up" or did his outside shot finally start falling?

Na, it's talent that limits the team. We play against freshmen and sophs, they do fine...
Yeah, Bouk stepped up tonight. Took over the game for a personal 11-0 run. Was spectacular. He knew he was going to make those shots.

Reaction Score
17 points, 6-8, 3-3 from three, only three assists but it led the team. And his usual dogged defense.

This kid is capable of this very often. But it just hasn't happened. It was BEAUTIFUL to watch.

If he’s capable of this very often we should see this very often. We don’t. Beautiful to watc
How many guys from Virginia's championship team are now playing in the NBA? To win, you need future NBA players. Only Bouk will even get a serious look. Why argue over guys who won't win?

What?

Reaction Score
I think it's about consistency. AG has consistently lost his dribble, charged into the tall trees, and tried to do what doubtless worked for him in high school but not against solid college talent. Criticism of him has been valid. Tonight he broke the distressing pattern he had established (despite a few ill-advised follies). Hopefully he will be able to sustain his new pattern.

Reaction Score
Anyone here who says they haven't seen posters frequently shredding Gilbert must be blind.

The next time he has a bad game, many praising him today will trash him.
Criticism =/= Hate. I criticize Gilbert as much as anyone, I certainly don't hate him and was thrilled to see him have a good game

Reaction Score
Yeah, the NBA is just chock full of UConn 2014 championship team players.

Stop. We had the best player in the country in Shabazz, and he refused to lose. Resolve in spades.

Reaction Score
I am merely pointing out that life is much too short to be getting vile and angry over a team that does not have enough ready for prime time athletes to succeed at a high level. College basketball is supposed to be fun.

What a fan you are, great insight! lol

Reaction Score

One good game out of 20 isnt too bad.

Reaction Score
I think it's about consistency. AG has consistently lost his dribble, charged into the tall trees, and tried to do what doubtless worked for him in high school but not against solid college talent. Criticism of him has been valid. Tonight he broke the distressing pattern he had established (despite a few ill-advised follies). Hopefully he will be able to sustain his new pattern.

It hasn't been "consistently" at all when you breakdown how much he has the ball. It's been consistently at the end of games no doubt and it's a bad trait as well but let's not pretend that the "haters" don't even see when he plays well during the games and keeps the team in the game. They are blind to that. He played a great first half last night and the first time he did drive into the lane, easy 2nd half, he makes his error in judgement and a couple in the chat room say "here we go AG". These are also the same people who didn't say crap in a positive manner while he played good. That's a hater and there are a few. The "follies" you speak of at many times have a lot to do with the clock running down and no one is getting open in our offense but that goes unnoticed also. Vital shot a 3 last night 2nd half and when it left his hand the buzzer went off 2 seconds later and still the CV unlikers lol had to say "awful shot." he had no choice. They both get hammered and sometimes for a good reason, but they do some real good things too that those who know little never see. Part of fandom I guess.

Reaction Score

I love how the dingbats on twitter who call him a failure were like "I sed what I sed about Gilbert and I'm tough on him but this was ok", oh an amazing performance is "ok", cool...

Reaction Score
It's clear that Alterique is playing with more confidence and less pressure, and his play has been much better as a result. Does that mean he's definitively turned a corner? Hard to say. But there's two things that seem to have been the key to his new mindset, both of which came out in Hurley's post-game comments:

1. AG benefits from not being the only capable ball handler out there, and playing with Gaffney in particular. Vital never really developed that skillset, which put a lot of pressure on Gilbert to initiate and create offense.

2. The time away seems to have been the right decision for everyone, and I'm impressed with his attitude about it coming back: David Borges on Twitter

It's obviously an evolving situation, but given what we've gone through this year things at least seem to be set up for optimal development and team performance. Kudos to Danny and Al for sticking together through a trying situation.

Reaction Score
He’s been watching from the bench the last couple of years. Bring him off bench, allow him to figure it out, then give him 25+ to do his thing.

Reaction Score
Anyone here who says they haven't seen posters frequently shredding Gilbert must be blind.

The next time he has a bad game, many praising him today will trash him.

because play well = good and play poor = bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom