OT: - Back from the Dead (past BY member) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Back from the Dead (past BY member)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Guys...Idahohusky here. I posted this on the beer thread, but realized many folks wouldn’t see this.

back from a multiple year hiatus. Been lurking, but not much time beyond that. I stopped being active once the kids started getting born in 2012...but, I’ve been working on a project the last two years, which is about to launch in about six weeks that’s relevant to this beer thread. And since it’s one of your own, I thought you’d enjoy it.

This UConn grad and HUGE husky fan is about to open the Great Falls Brewing Company in Canaan (officially, North Canaan) CT. We’ll be a brewery/taproom built in an renovated train station. We’re currently contract brewing and have a west coast style IPA called “Cascadia Farewell” and a brown called “Derailed”. We were at the Waterbury Brew & Que this past weekend and will be at the Small State Great Beer Fest in Hartford this weekend. Also, we’ll be at Prime16 this week for craft beer week & Three Sheets when the Beeracks takes over their taps. Up north, our beers are on tap at the Woodland, the White Hart, and Lone Oak campground. The reception of both of these beers has beentremendous.

Well open our doors in November, so once we do I’ll let you know. And I hope you come up and give us a try. You can find us on Our website(GreatFallsBrews.com), FB, andInstagram.

I’m looking to support many Husky and BY events in the coming years from my position as owner of this brewery.

Good to be back to connect with you folks...especially if Fishy, UpstateNY, and Tom are still around.

Cheers,
Idahohusky (Trip)

Nice looking building!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Excited for you to open your brewery!

As long as you (and Norbrook) offer a good product and good experience, you should do great as the NW corner is far from saturated with breweries at this point. Lots of natural tourist traffic nearly all year round and though it’s rural, there’s enough thirsty locals to establish a solid core customer base.

Greater Hartford area has already become over saturated; I expect some of the weaker newer ones will not survive the next 1-2 years.

Reaction Score
Put in a UCONN edge to your bar with memorabilia, game events and giveaways.

The Boneyarders will show up in hordes. How about a "Crazy Dan" brew?

Reaction Score
Good luck in your new venture!

Side note, I know there's a Great Falls in Connecticut, but due to the name of your handle, any chance the name is also inspired by the Montana town of Great Falls? My wife is from Montana, and when I saw that name my ears perked.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Greater Hartford area has already become over saturated;

I'm not sure about that. I went to Portland about 6 years ago and visited a modest industrial building that had 3 craft brewers in it. I just looked it up, it still has 3 craft brewers there. And it's across the street from Allagash. I don't think we are even saturated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes he did. It was a bitter moment that stoopidly got out of hand after a Cuse game.
It saddens me that I can't remember this. I love me some good BY melodrama.

@idahohusky Congrats, the place looks great but more importantly the beers sound great. Definitely will stop by if in the area.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m just gonna use this thread title to place this here:

Anybody know what happened to @Gurleyman?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm friends with him on Facebook. He lives out West and hikes a lot in his spare time. Probably a lot happier and healthier than us fatsos all sitting here telling each other how wrong and stupid they are all day....
Please ask him what his position is on pineapple as a pizza topping.

Reaction Score
No, the name is for the local waterfall that my wife and I got married at. There are several Great Falls, so we were lucky we got the name for our business.

Good luck in your new venture!

Side note, I know there's a Great Falls in Connecticut, but due to the name of your handle, any chance the name is also inspired by the Montana town of Great Falls? My wife is from Montana, and when I saw that name my ears perked.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
idaho...my wife and I are doing a Litchfield Hills day on Sunday. I don't think we'll get way up to North Canaan, tho. Kent Falls is in our range, tho.

One day I'll get there.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
No, the name is for the local waterfall that my wife and I got married at. There are several Great Falls, so we were lucky we got the name for our business.

Wow - that building is an absolute gem (I'm a pseudo-train-nerd)! You picked a fantastic spot, Chris. Hope to get up there soon-ish!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom