Back at it (practice) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Back at it (practice)

Reaction Score
The arms! Not that skinny freshman anymore.
First time I saw Paige, I was totally underwhelmed.
Megan & Alan were extolling her virtues to the sky, but when I saw her warming up before the game, all I saw was a skinny little girl who looked about 14.
I thought “ You gotta be kidding me”
Then the game started.
At the end of the first half I thought “Oh, ok, now I get it”

Reaction Score
First time I saw Paige, I was totally underwhelmed.
Megan & Alan were extolling her virtues to the sky, but when I saw her warming up before the game, all I saw was a skinny little girl who looked about 14.
I thought “ You gotta be kidding me”
Then the game started.
At the end of the first half I thought “Oh, ok, now I get it”
Did you ever watch any of her high school games? It was pretty clear she was a special player before she had set foot in Storrs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did you ever watch any of her high school games? It was pretty clear she was a special player before she had set foot in Storrs.

Me too! I saw about half of her games during her senior season. Hopkins was possibly the best HS team I’ve ever seen. I think they had 7 or 8 Top-100 players who were Division 1 recruits. And Paige was a step better than everyone else.

Reaction Score
She’s certainly not that skinny kid anymore! While she’s still not exactly muscle bound, I was really impressed with a recent picture where her shoulders and arms were very obviously very much developed from her freshman/soph. years. I think she is going to be much more physical this season. The other thing I’ve always seen with Paige is how strong her hands look. She really looks to be in top shape right now! I cannot wait for November!

Reaction Score

Can't agree more but in defense of Inthepaint, Fudd said that the first time she saw Bueckers was at a USABB tryout. They were both pg's. Fudd said her first thought was "not much there".

Reaction Score
Me too! I saw about half of her games during her senior season. Hopkins was possibly the best HS team I’ve ever seen. I think they had 7 or 8 Top-100 players who were Division 1 recruits. And Paige was a step better than everyone else.

You are right about Hopkins. I think Minn players have some freedom as to their choice of HS. Paige didn't lose a game in her last two years. Her games were about the only HS games I ever enjoyed watching. Most of the team went to P-5 programs. Bueckers broke a couple of ankles a game. :)

Reaction Score
You are right about Hopkins. I think Minn players have some freedom as to their choice of HS. Paige didn't lose a game in her last two years. Her games were about the only HS games I ever enjoyed watching. Most of the team went to P-5 programs. Bueckers broke a couple of ankles a game. :)
Except Bueckers. ;)

Reaction Score
I have a really hard time judging heights from watching video footage of games and practices. Perspective and camera placement is deceptive, and players often aren't simply standing up straight on the court. As for Ice, she may be a little shorter than Aaliyah, or not. But every time I see her on the floor she looks BIG and STRONG. I remember in the USA BB games last year she played next to Rosario who is reported as 6'6" and she looked to be not much smaller, though she was probably 3" shorter.

With post players, height isn't the most important factor. Strength, energy and footwork are more important. I just keep reminding myself that in the last Stanford game Nika out-rebounded Brink.

Reaction Score
Wow, everyone in those pictures is looking really muscular. Good to see Ayanna practicing. Teams won’t be able to push UConn around that’s for sure

Reaction Score
Remember rebounding isn't all about height but about positioning before the ball comes off the rim!
Rodman wasn't 6'6'+! He did it all with positioning and leverage!
With the UCONN coaching staff on top of it they'll be rebounding like junk yard dogs!

Reaction Score
Remember rebounding isn't all about height but about positioning before the ball comes off the rim!
Rodman wasn't 6'6'+! He did it all with positioning and leverage!
With the UCONN coaching staff on top of it they'll be rebounding like junk yard dogs!
+1

Gabby could leap but what made her a great rebounder was how quickly she got up to the ball. Same with Griffin. Banging inside and rebounding are related but 2 different skills.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
For the players coming back from injury it will take time for them to adjust and reestablish themselves in a real game. For our underclassman it will take some time. Im thinking Caroline and Ice especially. If Caroline can go full throttle we are in position where we could to go undefeated and if Ice comes in going full throttle we could win every game by double digits. The last if is Amari. If Amari can become an intimidator down low well we will be silly good.

Reaction Score
For the players coming back from injury it will take time for them to adjust and reestablish themselves in a real game. For our underclassman it will take some time. Im thinking Caroline and Ice especially. If Caroline can go full throttle we are in position where we could to go undefeated and if Ice comes in going full throttle we could win every game by double digits. The last if is Amari. If Amari can become an intimidator down low well we will be silly good.
Caroline and Amari are the two biggest variables for me. If ever there was a time for Amari to show what I believe she can do, now is it. And if Caroline can hang in there when the games get physical, that would be fantastic

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom