B1G | Page 51 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obscurity?
Whenever I get upset about UConn's current conference affiliation and PPs lack of time management, I stare at this map for 5 minutes and repeat to myself, "northern Virginia to southern New England."
image.jpg

Reaction Score
BOSTON (AP) — A blizzard of potentially mammoth proportions threatened to strike the Northeast with a vengeance Friday, with up to 2 feet of snow feared along the densely populated Interstate 95 corridor from the New York City area to Boston and beyond.

Hope Delany reads that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I never said Rutgers was amongst the Ivies. I was just clarifying for whoever interested that they were invited. Feel better, Bill Gates?
That's Mr. Gates to you pal!

Here's the original post and my reply.
CL82I'm just a lurker with a high post count.

Message Count:

RegisteredUconn said:
Rutgers was a member of the actual Ivies at one time.​
Um, no.
I don't think your non specific ( and unsourced) invitation really changes anything.
Now pay me my back software royalties!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I never said Rutgers was amongst the Ivies. I was just clarifying for whoever interested that they were invited. Feel better, Bill Gates?
That's Mr. Gates to you pal!

Here's the original post and my reply.
RegisteredUconn said:
Rutgers was a member of the actual Ivies at one time.​
CL82 Um, no.
I don't think your non specific (and unsourced) invitation really changes anything.
Now pay me my back software royalties!

Reaction Score
Greg S w a i m tweet from 1 hour ago:

"Lots of minor realignment news, but the major stuff hits the fan soon with #B1G raiding #ACC in March we're told tonight...and more by June."

Reaction Score
Whenever I get upset about UConn's current conference affiliation and PPs lack of time management, I stare at this map for 5 minutes and repeat to myself, "northern Virginia to southern New England." View attachment 2159

Wow this is awesome. Here's more (I had to google) that hopefully has not already been posted on one of the previous 66 pages:

http://www.america2050.org/northeast.html

Hey, ACC -- take a look at this, Biatch. I got your megaregion right here. (pointing down to the poster's "powerhouse of density and economic output" notwithstanding only " two percent of . . . land area" )

Reaction Score
Greg S w a i m tweet from 1 hour ago:

"Lots of minor realignment news, but the major stuff hits the fan soon with #B1G raiding #ACC in March we're told tonight...and more by June."

Hey this could have been worth of a new thread. I am so bored with no new news...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if they chose the SEC. UNC and Virginia are two of the top state universities in the country and I don't see them associating themselves with Alabama, Mississippi and some of the other SEC schools. Football may be driving the bus but there are limits to everything.

Alabama is a good school. Check the rankings. Miss state, definitely down. But the eastern division has Florida, UGA and Vandy. I think they would choose the SEC.

Reaction Score
Alabama is a good school. Check the rankings. Miss state, definitely down. But the eastern division has Florida, UGA and Vandy. I think they would choose the SEC.

The people making these decisions are not looking at those rankings. They are looking at other rankings, where Bama isn't in the same galaxy as the phrase "good school." But then again, these are sports conferences, and I doubt UNC cares. UNC would go to where the money is better and where they'd feel more at home. If it were me, I'd go to the SEC because of the way the B1G people tilt everything toward Michigan.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Tux Yoda wonders if the B1G might go after Florida, Vandy... To me it doesn't sound plausible, at least not yet. But what could be interesting is if there were just enough plausibility to smoke UNC out.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Tux Yoda wonders if the B1G might go after Florida, Vandy... To me it doesn't sound plausible, at least not yet. But what could be interesting is if there were just enough plausibility to smoke UNC out.

Too crazy to ever happen.

pj

Reaction Score
florida will leave the sec when bama, uga, tenn, uk and lsu go with it to join uva, unc, wvu, psu, unj and uconn in my dream league.

Let's bring in Stanford, Notre Dame, and Michigan for some academic heft. And Texas, just because.

Reaction Score
@frankthetank111: FWIW RT @insidemdsports Big 10 talk buzzing again. UVA being mentioned often. Georgia Tech still in the mix. UNC, the big domino, has offer.

@frankthetank111: Other smoke RT @MrSEC: Multiple sources say Va & Ga Tech talked w Big Ten, waiting to see outcome of ACC/MD battle
http://post original url/OmzlOCbK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
love the last sentence:

"The irony is that representatives from ACC schools are talking to other conferences about exiting at the exact same time those schools are trying to prevent Maryland from exiting."

Ain't that a kick in the pants the BE knows all too well.

Reaction Score
@KyleRowland: Big Ten expansion a popular topic once again. There are reports indicating North Carolina, Georgia Tech and Virginia have been invited.

OSU beat writer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Hmmmmm so now we have an OSU beat writer and an ESPN insider blog at least bringing up these rumors. I wonder if this is the smoke to the inevitable fire

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well there could be smoke but UNC might decide to put water on the fire. Then it's up to Delany if he wants to light other fires.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Got to get this back to Page 1. Thought I would share this from the WVU board for mojo:

I'll rank them from a Big Ten perspective since I'm a Big Ten guy. Other Conferences may have other priorities.

1.) Connecticut
2.) Connecticut
3.) Connecticut
4.) Connecticut
5.) Connecticut
6.) Connecticut
7.) Connecticut
8.) Connecticut
9.) Connecticut
10.) Connecticut
UConn would end up being a gold mine in the Big Ten. That may suprise some people, but the recently done study Delany did was EXTREMELY positive looking 25 to 50 years out. It's amazing how well they, in combination with Maryland, Rutgers, and Virginia, would wrap around the New York City to Richmond corridor, and for the first time, cohesively mix those areas in a meaningful all sports rivalry in a Major BCS All Sports Conference that never existed before (The Big East never brought Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Nebraska to town on a regular basis).

What that would mean for basketball recruiting in that corridor to the Big Ten, with that combination of 4 schools, would be off the charts. A LOT of those kids that used to go to Big East schools and ACC schools would now be going to the Big Ten. The Big Ten would become the sole BCS presence in that corridor.

Forget UConn's out of sight basketball numbers in New York City. Because of their relatively easy access from the rest of New England, and the fact that they DO IN FACT have a following in the Boston Metro, in the Big Ten, as opposed to the Big East, they very well could make all of New England a SOLID Big Ten region. Not just the state of Connecticut.

Of course, BIGGGG stumbling block.........AAU. But the Big Ten is VERY happy with the progress, effort, and committment by not JUST the University, but the State Government and Governor himself. The State of Connecticut has shown outstanding support towards the University of Connecticut in relation to their research efforts. The State of Connecticut could be a big asset to the CIC looking down the road as it relates to funding for joint research projects.

And as an aside to my good friend Gopher, yes, they would get all of us some pretty darn good Hockey players out of New England. They do have Division One Hockey.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds