B1G & SEC non-committal on CFP future | Page 4 | The Boneyard

B1G & SEC non-committal on CFP future

Reaction Score
The B1G and SEC want the conferences to handle everything for the members. This doesn’t work when there are independents floating around. The reduced payouts for the independents is likely to discourage anyone from becoming an independent and to drive the current independents into the conference structure.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The B1G and SEC want the conferences to handle everything for the members. This doesn’t work when there are independents floating around. The reduced payouts for the independents is likely to discourage anyone from becoming an independent and to drive the current independents into the conference structure.

How many "UConn is going to die" posts a day to people need from Rufus to get his point? I need zero. How about everyone else?

Reaction Score
How many "UConn is going to die" posts a day to people need from Rufus to get his point? I need zero. How about everyone else?

So you don't think this structure is to eliminate all independents and force teams to join conferences?

Reaction Score
So you don't think this structure is to eliminate all independents and force teams to join conferences?
I don’t think they care.

The only independent they worry about is Notre Dame and they’re giving Notre Dame a bigger share. If Washington State, Oregon State and UConn want to take less money or if no conference is willing to add them and dilute their own limited payout they’re not going to lose sleep over it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well its certainly designed to discourage independents. And I think that is perhaps smart in the big picture view. They don't want more programs jumping in from FCS that cannot at least get a conf invite. We are a unique animal - arrived at independence a different way.

Reaction Score

So we are now alone as the lowest paid participant in the CFP system. Gotta think a conference move is coming?

Reaction Score
Why?
As the tweet says, Oregon State and Washington State renegotiated their payout to be $3.6mil. True independents will only get $350k. We are the only true independent left. So we are alone at $350k.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom