B1G & SEC non-committal on CFP future | Page 2 | The Boneyard

B1G & SEC non-committal on CFP future

Reaction Score
Another viewpoint:

I agree with this to a point. Everything he said is true. However, I think the B1G and SEC are ready to make their athletes employees. I don't think the working group is to fight this off, but rather one goal is to come up with best strategies to implement it. Congress might have the final say, but I see no objections coming from either the B1G or SEC. In fact, I think Congress will actively seek their input before making final rules/recommendations.

I also think that one reason Texas and Oklahoma joined the SEC and USC and UCLA (and later Oregon and Washington) joined the B1G is because they knew this was going to happen and wanted to be in the best spot possible to maximize the implementation of their athletes becoming employees.

Reaction Score
Lina Khan has her nose in everything without much success. I am sure she is keeping an eye on this one

Reaction Score
Lina Khan has her nose in everything without much success. I am sure she is keeping an eye on this one
Still can't believe the courts let the Microsoft/Activision acquisition go through.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You come here almost every day with your concern trolling posts. What do you think UConn should do about the current situation? Shut down the athletic program? Shut down the university? Take a position so we know where you stand.

Reaction Score
You come here almost every day with your concern trolling posts. What do you think UConn should do about the current situation? Shut down the athletic program? Shut down the university? Take a position so we know where you stand.

You come here almost every day with a brick lodged up your @ss. Are you going to remove it and stop being a d*ck? Take a position so we know where you stand.

Reaction Score
What all the other schools should do is tell the Big and SEC go form your own association, we aren't playing your schools in any sports. Tell them they aren't invited to the NCAA basketball tournament, or any of the other NCAA championships.
Their 34 schools aren't really relevant in anything , but football, and the TV revenue would dry up Quickly without everyone else.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What all the other schools should do is tell the Big and SEC go form your own association, we aren't playing your schools in any sports. Tell them they aren't invited to the NCAA basketball tournament, or any of the other NCAA championships.
Their 34 schools aren't really relevant in anything , but football, and the TV revenue would dry up Quickly without everyone else.

The SEC and Big 10 want to take over college sports slowly, because if they move to fast, the other leagues and schools will respond. They are boiling the frog slowly, and the frog doesn't realize it should jump out.

I am confident this will not end up in a P2. Either some collection of schools reaches an arrangement to try and maximize the value of college athletics, or the leagues will keep eating each other until there is a P1.

Reaction Score
Need 14 teams to get to 48

FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, NC State, Virginia, Va Tech

BYU, Utah, Okie State, Kansas State, WVU

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So no Kansas, but let’s put K-State in there.
Of course. Kansas State has the better football program and no matter what number you use, you have to draw the line somewhere. And understand, I said better. Not good. Not that we are in a position to criticize either of their football programs.

If I were Lebron, I would have gone to Cleveland State for a year and won them a chip. That would have impressed me.

Reaction Score

Here is the financial model in this article........

B1G and SEC = 58% of revenues
ACC and Big 12 = 31% of revenues
ND and G5 combined = 10% of revenues (that only totals 99%, so I'm not sure where the other 1% goes unless its kinda split between all 3 levels)

The B1G and SEC will have more than 58% of the teams in the CFP, so in that sense, they are actually cheated out of money and based on the distributions, it looks like the ACC and Big 12 are the beneficiaries of that.

Reaction Score
I wish I knew what the end goal of the B1G and SEC to see if that is what they actually end up with.

Reaction Score
I wish I knew what the end goal of the B1G and SEC to see if that is what they actually end up with.
The end goal is a power 2 for football, Big 10 (NFC) SEC (AFC)

It will happen sooner than later.

Reaction Score
Of course. Kansas State has the better football program and no matter what number you use, you have to draw the line somewhere. And understand, I said better. Not good. Not that we are in a position to criticize either of their football programs.

If I were Lebron, I would have gone to Cleveland State for a year and won them a chip. That would have impressed me.
So no Kansas, but let’s put K-State in there.
KU has a bigger following, prestige and alumni.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom