B12 & ACC seeking an alliance? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

B12 & ACC seeking an alliance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not true. He would have been invited had any player from any team been injured. It so happens it was Trevardo. You make it seem like Sio getting chosen was a consolation prize for UConn. It was not.

Reaction Score
Not true. He would have been invited had any player from any team been injured. It so happens it was Trevardo. You make it seem like Sio getting chosen was a consolation prize for UConn. It was not.

Do you have a link that explains that?

Reaction Score

Who needs the link. Given what happened, it was pretty self evident.

Sio had made a bug impression with the scouts. The Scouts largely determine who gets into these games, that's the way it works. Obviously he was at the top of whatever order of merit existed.

This is the time of the year when the ESPN hype machine gives way to what the true professionals think of talent. The scouts don't take directions from Todd McShay, they are the ones Todd McShay seeks direction from..

Had they known more about him when the original invites gone out, he most definitely would have been in from jump street.

Reaction Score

Based on his performance @ the East/West Shrine game he was a shoe in if there was an i njury... I'll find the comment.

Can't find the exact link for Sio but for example OT Terron Armstead from Arkansas-Pine Bluff replaced OT Dallas Thomas from Tennessee who was injured so it was same same replacement. They had TW tagged to play @ LB for Senior Bowl and he couldn't go - so they went to highest rated LB from East-West game for replacement. Coincidence that it was Husky for Husky.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8731

"Before the start of Wednesday’s practice, the South team announced a couple of roster changes. Texas A&M wide receiver Ryan Swope suffered an injury and was replaced by LSU receiver Russell Shepard, Clemson running back Andre Ellington also sustained an injury at some point this week and was replaced by Miami running back Mike James and Arkansas Pine-Bluff offensive tackle Terron Armstead, who was fantastic last week at the East-West Shrine game, replaced offensive lineman Dallas Thomas of Tennessee."

Reaction Score
Do you? Aren't you the one trying to prove something?

No. Because that's not how I understood the situation to be, many posters are claiming that we have4 invites. We had three, lost one and added one, to me that's 3 total, but if there's a story to suggest otherwise and they've already read it, then post it.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No. Because that's not how I understood the situation to be, many posters are claiming that we have4 invites. We had three, lost one and added one, to me that's 3 total, but if there's a story to suggest otherwise and they've already read it, then post it.
We didn't "lose" one. One couldn't play so we gained one. Lots of players couldn't play for one reason or another and another player was invited to take their place. That doesnt mean that all of them, both invitees and acceptors, didnt recieve invites. Clearly, they all did. The fact that you can't understand that concept after all these posts is truly mind numbing.

Reaction Score
We had three, lost one and added one, to me that's 3 total.
Bigeastconf, I'm not trying to be Tommy Technical here but we didn't lose an invite. We lost a participant. TW was injured. He could have been replaced by a LB from say, BYU. If that happened we would still have had 3----invitees. But because the next most coveted LB for the game (as perceived by scouts who saw him in the East West Shrine Game) happened to be Sio, he was added to the squad and became our 4th invitee.
Rather than quibble, lets all reflect again on this amazing fact: Alabama and Georgia had 5 invitees, Fla St and UConn had 4. That was a storyline that should have been front and center on the broadcast. We can't seem to get anyone's attention. If only Sio had an imaginary girlfriend....

Reaction Score
Bigeastconf, I'm not trying to be Tommy Technical here but we didn't lose an invite. We lost a participant. TW was injured. He could have been replaced by a LB from say, BYU. If that happened we would still have had 3----invitees. But because the next most coveted LB for the game (as perceived by scouts who saw him in the East West Shrine Game) happened to be Sio, he was added to the squad and became our 4th invitee.
Rather than quibble, lets all reflect again on this amazing fact: Alabama and Georgia had 5 invitees, Fla St and UConn had 4. That was a storyline that should have been front and center on the broadcast. We can't seem to get anyone's attention. If only Sio had an imaginary girlfriend....

Okay Nostical, we had 4 invites and 3 that played in the game, hope they do well at the combine.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sio should have been a slam dunk invitee from the beginning anyway. He only made that clearer by playing really well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So if you all want a semi-positive spin on this, look at the old SWC-Big 8 merger. Four teams were left out. Now the Big 12 has 10, but likes it's geography. The ACC has 14, but likes its geography. So two 10 team leagues merge, and have a championship game. 20 team league, with little more than a scheduling deal for the teams in each 10 playing one another in football. To do that...guess what, 4 teams need to be left out. Coincidentally, 3 teams have not even started play. So, the ACC folds into the B12, and boots Syracuse, Pitt, BC and Louisville. Now it's a southern-midwestern league, with two geographically logical pods.

Our Big East becomes a 14 team league, and clearly leaps past the MWC. Since the ACC is no longer distinct, we'd be in the 5th best conference.

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV
Notion of B12 - ACC alliance came from ND AD & Swofford. Introduced by Dodds to Bowlsby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom