Azzi Update | The Boneyard

Azzi Update

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
1672190337952.png

Reaction Score
I am cautiously optimistic.
If Azzi can safely return to the court shortly, her presence would represent a significant shot in the arm.

Reaction Score
This is week 4 of no Azzi, so maybe a week or two away from her return to game action? That would be about 6 weeks.
I’d expect her back for Baylor if she’s cleared Thursday, putting her out for 4 weeks total.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Away at Butler on Jan.3
Away at Xavier on January 5
Home to DePaul on Sunday January 8

Guessing she goes on road trip...'maybe' plays a few minutes to see how it goes.
Starts/plays solid minutes against DePaul.

And...a HUGE standing O from the Gampel crowd on the 8th.

Reaction Score
She will have not worked out in a little over 3 weeks, starting on 12/4? How much time will she need for conditioning. 7-14 days, I do not know. So maybe 1/11 St Johns or 1/15 for Georgetown at the latest.

Reaction Score
Nan posted some workout videos. She has worked out quite a bit. Paige also.
Geno has been quoted a number of times that while Azzi has exercised, she has not been cleared for basketball related (full speed) workouts. Hopefully this changed in the past day per his recent comment that she was due for an exam when the team returned to UConn.

Reaction Score
We might hear something tomorrow in the pre-game or post game pressers. I wouldn't expect anything before that.

Reaction Score
What’s the rush? We will need her in April more than we will in January- make sure she’s before even thinking about bringing her out.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno has been quoted a number of times that while Azzi has exercised, she has not been cleared for basketball related (full speed) workouts. Hopefully this changed in the past day per his recent comment that she was due for an exam when the team returned to UConn.
Here’s a direct quote:

Azzi Fudd won’t provide a boost for the shorthanded Huskies, though. While Christmas Day marked three weeks since her right knee injury against Notre Dame — the front end of the 3-6 week timeline for her recovery — she won’t suit up against Creighton.

“She’s getting a test this Thursday when we get back and depending on what happens there, then she can get out on the court and do some functional stuff, play, [do] what looks like playing, feels like playing and then we can go from there,” Auriemma explained

Reaction Score
What’s the rush? We will need her in April more than we will in January- make sure she’s before even thinking about bringing her out.
To have her playing at the level we need her to in March and April she needs to play in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I think it took a couple of weeks after Dorka was cleared before she eventually played in a game. I imagine the team would be just as cautious bringing Azzi up to speed especially with a knee injury and her history of them.

Reaction Score
I think it took a couple of weeks after Dorka was cleared before she eventually played in a game. I imagine the team would be just as cautious bringing Azzi up to speed especially with a knee injury and her history of them.
Because she reinjured her thumb in practice.

Reaction Score
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Reaction Score
Here’s a direct quote:

Azzi Fudd won’t provide a boost for the shorthanded Huskies, though. While Christmas Day marked three weeks since her right knee injury against Notre Dame — the front end of the 3-6 week timeline for her recovery — she won’t suit up against Creighton.

“She’s getting a test this Thursday when we get back and depending on what happens there, then she can get out on the court and do some functional stuff, play, [do] what looks like playing, feels like playing and then we can go from there,” Auriemma explained

What kind of test would she get where she still wouldn't be testing positive? I know the latest recommendation is to isolate for 5 days, but that doesn't mean that after this period you get a negative test.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom