Azzi Fudd to UCONN | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd to UCONN

Reaction Score

Check 5:49-5:53 of the video. Azzi and Paige standing back-to-back in stocking feet. Their backsides are touching all the way down/up - no room for photographic perspective to distort. Check relative shoulder and head heights - Paige is clearly 1-3/4" to 2" taller.

(BTW, just thinking... This was not an unplanned chance mishap. They didn't "accidentally" get filmed comparing heights back-to back in stocking feet. Just sayin'...)

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Check 5:49-5:53 of the video. Azzi and Paige standing back-to-back in stocking feet. Their backsides are touching all the way down/up - no room for photographic perspective to distort. Check relative shoulder and head heights - Paige is clearly 1-3/4" to 2" taller.

(BTW, just thinking... This was not an unplanned chance mishap. They didn't "accidentally" get filmed comparing heights back-to back in stocking feet. Just sayin'...)

Darn. Throw her back. :rolleyes:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
UConn Nation welcomes you Azzi!! Two hometown girls WILL be playing for my favorite team and Coach!! #UConnnumber#1fan #BleedBlue

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

That video is 2+ years old, I believe. All the recent videos show no more than a 1” difference.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
That video is 2+ years old, I believe. All the recent videos show no more than a 1” difference.
height_trick.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I’m not sure if I’ve seen this in print, but here’s some of what Geno said during Thursday’s 33-minute video call:

"She's a phenomenal shooter of the basketball. Even among all the really, really great shooters, she's a kid, that when she shoots the basketball, it goes in the basket. Period. She absolutely loves and lives for the game. She studies the game, thinks the game, and enjoys playing the game. She loves the game of basketball. And I would too if, every time I shot it, the ball goes in the basket. I would try to play every day if I could, 10 hours a day if every time the ball left my hand and went in the basket, I would say 'ooh, when are we playing again?’”

If you’ve seen Azzi warm up or play, this is a common thought. To me, she pushes human limits in terms of shooting accuracy.

Reaction Score
We'll get a truer picture of height if we see the team line up for the anthem. They always line up by height. I remember seeing and commenting on how Gabby Williams (5'11") would line up on the taller side of Kia Nurse (6'). The lineup is honest as far as who is taller than whom.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if I’ve seen this in print, but here’s some of what Geno said during Thursday’s 33-minute video call:

"She's a phenomenal shooter of the basketball. Even among all the really, really great shooters, she's a kid, that when she shoots the basketball, it goes in the basket. Period. She absolutely loves and lives for the game. She studies the game, thinks the game, and enjoys playing the game. She loves the game of basketball. And I would too if, every time I shot it, the ball goes in the basket. I would try to play every day if I could, 10 hours a day if every time the ball left my hand and went in the basket, I would say 'ooh, when are we playing again?’”

If you’ve seen Azzi warm up or play, this is a common thought. To me, she pushes human limits in terms of shooting accuracy.

Couldn't be happier how everything has turned out so far for UCONN in terms of getting Paige and now Azzi. I'm a big fan of offense/offensive execution. Both players had off-the-charts high school careers. Reading the comments above- I just can't help but thinking that we're going to see something wildly special.

Too many great teams and great coaches to predict how many championships with a one-and-done format but in terms of style of play - this fits right in to what drew me in as a fan; amazing offensive execution.

Reaction Score
Thought ya'll might like this video from Overtime (where Chloe Pavlich is) about Azzi over the summer at AAU with Paige joining for support. Gives a great inside look into the AAU circuit, her family, and their friendship. Good stuff!

Reaction Score

Interesting to talk about relative heights but more important to understand what kind of shape she will be in when she arrives at UConn. Knees typically take a year to heal, so Covid willing, expect all that extra rehab she has likely been putting in will pay immediate dividends.

Reaction Score
Here is the Azzi vs Paige AAU competition Video. Renamed to acknowledge "Future College Teammates" without changing the content.

Paige looks like DT and Azzi looks like Maya. This duo will be the greatest duo in women college basketball history.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Highlights of Azzi Fudd's first career varsity home game from December 2017:

I first saw Azzi about a month after that. The gym was decidedly more crowded, as Azzi scored from everywhere. The people sitting around me couldn’t believe she was only a freshman. I had to show them her HG profile as proof.

Reaction Score
I read where one or two posters over on rebkell’s brought up questions about the athleticism and true height of Azzi, one even went on to call her over hyped, but Azzi has an elite level skill in her ability to put the ball in the net, and unlike some of the great UConn shooters in the past like Maya or KML for example, Azzi can create 3’s off the dribble, it’s very Curry like, but her pull up midrange game also looks elite, playing with Paige teams won’t be able to double team her, not to mention she’ll get some open looks with the other talent she’ll be playing alongside that’s why I see a future 40/50/90 player.

Reaction Score
I read where one or two posters over on rebkell’s brought up questions about the athleticism and true height of Azzi, one even went on to call her over hyped, but Azzi has an elite level skill in her ability to put the ball in the net, and unlike some of the great UConn shooters in the past like Maya or KML for example, Azzi can create 3’s off the dribble, it’s very Curry like, but her pull up midrange game also looks elite, playing with Paige teams won’t be able to double team her, not to mention she’ll get some open looks with the other talent she’ll be playing alongside that’s why I see a future 40/50/90 player.
The questions make sense given their limited understanding of the game. They'd rather see a kid do two crossovers, two reverse spins, jump three feet off the floor and miss layups while shooting 29% from the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The questions make sense given their limited understanding the game. They'd rather see a kid do two crossovers, two reverse spins, jump three feet off the floor and miss layups while shooting 29% from the floor.
Lol!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom